Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fredi Manager of the Year?

Featured Replies

Manager of the Year pretty much is ALWAYS given to the manager of an overacheiving team...so if your club was predicted to suck and you some degree of success...YES you CAN win Manager of the Year...so Fredi does qualify there. Would he actually win it? Highly unlikely but yes he would be considered a candidate almost by default.

  • Author

Can someone please close this thread.

Why?

 

 

Because he is far from ever being a manager of the year at this point. Pointless thread.

 

You're right it is pointless. Especially, when people don't read the actual POSTS on the thread. I said there were arguments for both sides of making him MOY. If you want to participate make an argument. So far the Fredi haters haven't made any. Like I said before I don't have any allegiance to Fredi, I just thought it was a good topic for discussion. So either post an intelligent comment or don't post any.

He's definitely a candidate, right now.

I'd say La Russa, with all the injuries, has done a great job, though.

 

But Fredi has taken a team that was supposed to finish last, and they are playing competitive baseball instead...fighting for 1st place. Facts are facts, and there's no denying that.

hmmm, I suppose Fredi could win it. The fact that I question moves he makes every day though makes me second guess that.

 

... moving more towards the "FIRE FREDI" theme now ...

 

and/or

 

Someone buy the Marlins that actually cares about the team.

Can someone please close this thread.

Why?

 

 

Because he is far from ever being a manager of the year at this point. Pointless thread.

 

You're right it is pointless. Especially, when people don't read the actual POSTS on the thread. I said there were arguments for both sides of making him MOY. If you want to participate make an argument. So far the Fredi haters haven't made any. Like I said before I don't have any allegiance to Fredi, I just thought it was a good topic for discussion. So either post an intelligent comment or don't post any.

 

No, why you ask?

 

because I and 500,000,000 other Marlins fans question the moves he and or Loria make every night.

 

44-42 is good.

 

What the Cards are doing right now and the Brewers is a bigger deal.

Oh c'mon...this team is SUPPOSED TO BE IN LAST PLACE.

They are playing over .500.

 

Give it a rest.

Fredi's not doing bad at all. If the season ended today, he'd be a top 3 candidate for NL MOY.

 

This is ridiculous. He's not the brightest manager, imo, but he's done fine, and we don't know what he's like off the field.

 

We sound like moronic Mets fans, with Willie Randolph. They're doing awesome with Jerry Manuel, btw. :rolleyes:

Oh c'mon...this team is SUPPOSED TO BE IN LAST PLACE.

They are playing over .500.

 

Give it a rest.

Fredi's not doing bad at all. If the season ended today, he'd be a top 3 candidate for NL MOY.

 

This is ridiculous. He's not the brightest manager, imo, but he's done fine, and we don't know what he's like off the field.

 

We sound like moronic Mets fans, with Willie Randolph. They're doing awesome with Jerry Manuel, btw. :rolleyes:

 

Sorry... I dont know Fredi on a personal level, but from what I have seen he has no fire nor any personality much like Kevin Gregg.

Oh c'mon...this team is SUPPOSED TO BE IN LAST PLACE.

They are playing over .500.

 

Give it a rest.

Fredi's not doing bad at all. If the season ended today, he'd be a top 3 candidate for NL MOY.

 

This is ridiculous. He's not the brightest manager, imo, but he's done fine, and we don't know what he's like off the field.

 

We sound like moronic Mets fans, with Willie Randolph. They're doing awesome with Jerry Manuel, btw. :rolleyes:

 

Sorry... I dont know Fredi on a personal level, but from what I have seen he has no fire nor any personality much like Kevin Gregg.

 

 

 

 

you just asked for Joe Girardi to comeback on the gamethread. You just lost all your credibility. Call me when Girardi can get his team in contention. You know...the NY Yankees...a team that is actually supposed to be contending?

 

Whatever happened to "building the future" as the site says above? We weren't even supposed to sniff contention this year, yet we are here.

 

Yeah...we had a tough loss tonight. It could be the start of a long losing streak. But...calm down.

 

Btw...a lot of managers look as if they have "no fire." Joe Torre comes to mind...he's had a pretty good managerial career, no?

I don't buy the whole "No one expected us to win" card. This team has the talent in many spots. Maybe it wasn't known before the beginning of the season, but you know it now, and you should expect more of them. We're not the Washington Nationals.

Oh c'mon...this team is SUPPOSED TO BE IN LAST PLACE.

They are playing over .500.

 

Give it a rest.

Fredi's not doing bad at all. If the season ended today, he'd be a top 3 candidate for NL MOY.

 

This is ridiculous. He's not the brightest manager, imo, but he's done fine, and we don't know what he's like off the field.

 

We sound like moronic Mets fans, with Willie Randolph. They're doing awesome with Jerry Manuel, btw. :rolleyes:

 

Sorry... I dont know Fredi on a personal level, but from what I have seen he has no fire nor any personality much like Kevin Gregg.

 

 

 

 

you just asked for Joe Girardi to comeback on the gamethread. You just lost all your credibility. Call me when Girardi can get his team in contention. You know...the NY Yankees...a team that is actually supposed to be contending?

 

Whatever happened to "building the future" as the site says above? We weren't even supposed to sniff contention this year, yet we are here.

 

Yeah...we had a tough loss tonight. It could be the start of a long losing streak. But...calm down.

 

Btw...a lot of managers look as if they have "no fire." Joe Torre comes to mind...he's had a pretty good managerial career, no?

I gotta agree. The concept of a manager having "fire" is very overrated.

 

That said, I still love Sweet Lou.

Oh c'mon...this team is SUPPOSED TO BE IN LAST PLACE.

They are playing over .500.

 

Give it a rest.

Fredi's not doing bad at all. If the season ended today, he'd be a top 3 candidate for NL MOY.

 

This is ridiculous. He's not the brightest manager, imo, but he's done fine, and we don't know what he's like off the field.

 

We sound like moronic Mets fans, with Willie Randolph. They're doing awesome with Jerry Manuel, btw. :rolleyes:

 

Sorry... I dont know Fredi on a personal level, but from what I have seen he has no fire nor any personality much like Kevin Gregg.

 

 

 

 

you just asked for Joe Girardi to comeback on the gamethread. You just lost all your credibility. Call me when Girardi can get his team in contention. You know...the NY Yankees...a team that is actually supposed to be contending?

 

Whatever happened to "building the future" as the site says above? We weren't even supposed to sniff contention this year, yet we are here.

 

Yeah...we had a tough loss tonight. It could be the start of a long losing streak. But...calm down.

 

Btw...a lot of managers look as if they have "no fire." Joe Torre comes to mind...he's had a pretty good managerial career, no?

 

I liked Girardi, he was a quality manager and he made the right moves.

 

Why must you question everything I say every moment.

 

Yes, I would rather have Girardi right now then Fredi.

 

I am calm, and um regardless of what Torre did Fredi has no fire even when he tries he fails.

 

Quit questioning me please it gets old after you do it 200 or so times.

Oh c'mon...this team is SUPPOSED TO BE IN LAST PLACE.

They are playing over .500.

 

Give it a rest.

Fredi's not doing bad at all. If the season ended today, he'd be a top 3 candidate for NL MOY.

 

This is ridiculous. He's not the brightest manager, imo, but he's done fine, and we don't know what he's like off the field.

 

We sound like moronic Mets fans, with Willie Randolph. They're doing awesome with Jerry Manuel, btw. :rolleyes:

 

Sorry... I dont know Fredi on a personal level, but from what I have seen he has no fire nor any personality much like Kevin Gregg.

 

 

 

 

you just asked for Joe Girardi to comeback on the gamethread. You just lost all your credibility. Call me when Girardi can get his team in contention. You know...the NY Yankees...a team that is actually supposed to be contending?

 

Whatever happened to "building the future" as the site says above? We weren't even supposed to sniff contention this year, yet we are here.

 

Yeah...we had a tough loss tonight. It could be the start of a long losing streak. But...calm down.

 

Btw...a lot of managers look as if they have "no fire." Joe Torre comes to mind...he's had a pretty good managerial career, no?

 

I liked Girardi, he was a quality manager and he made the right moves.

 

Why must you question everything I say every moment.

 

Yes, I would rather have Girardi right now then Fredi.

 

 

 

You're right...I am sorry.

 

Girardi was great.

Bringing a young pitcher back after a rain delay = great move.

 

Lets not forget his love for Matt Herges. Remember?...he, too, had his guy out of the bullpen who sucked, and yet...he used everyday. Probably b/c he had no other choice. Just like Fredi (believe it or not) has no other choice now. Gregg is the highest paid player on the team. The front office has a say in this; it's part of the reason why he's still closing.

 

EDIT: Btw...Joe Girardi once pinch-ran for the pinch-runner. Just thought I'd add that in for comedy. Another reason why he's way better than Fredi Gonzalez. :whistle

There is a wonderful thread on page four, it read, "Fredi needs to be fired", i say before and i will say it again, we are like a weather vane, we turn the way the wind is blowing, do good today, you are great, have a bad game tomorrow, send the player down or trade him. wonders never cease.

Well, if you go look at that thread, none of the people who were anti-Fredi are pro-Fredi here.

 

But it does bring up an interesting point...that thread was started by sdg210, the guy who want's this thread closed. Surprising.

 

There seems to be a conspiracy. My post gets cancelled but this keeps going... Interesting. :mis2

Oh c'mon...this team is SUPPOSED TO BE IN LAST PLACE.

They are playing over .500.

 

Give it a rest.

Fredi's not doing bad at all. If the season ended today, he'd be a top 3 candidate for NL MOY.

 

This is ridiculous. He's not the brightest manager, imo, but he's done fine, and we don't know what he's like off the field.

 

We sound like moronic Mets fans, with Willie Randolph. They're doing awesome with Jerry Manuel, btw. :rolleyes:

 

Sorry... I dont know Fredi on a personal level, but from what I have seen he has no fire nor any personality much like Kevin Gregg.

 

Ya mean not getting into the umpires' grills for calling phantom homeruns for the Rockies?

 

I hear you, man.

Oh c'mon...this team is SUPPOSED TO BE IN LAST PLACE.

They are playing over .500.

 

Give it a rest.

Fredi's not doing bad at all. If the season ended today, he'd be a top 3 candidate for NL MOY.

 

This is ridiculous. He's not the brightest manager, imo, but he's done fine, and we don't know what he's like off the field.

 

We sound like moronic Mets fans, with Willie Randolph. They're doing awesome with Jerry Manuel, btw. :rolleyes:

 

Sorry... I dont know Fredi on a personal level, but from what I have seen he has no fire nor any personality much like Kevin Gregg.

 

 

 

 

you just asked for Joe Girardi to comeback on the gamethread. You just lost all your credibility. Call me when Girardi can get his team in contention. You know...the NY Yankees...a team that is actually supposed to be contending?

 

Whatever happened to "building the future" as the site says above? We weren't even supposed to sniff contention this year, yet we are here.

 

Yeah...we had a tough loss tonight. It could be the start of a long losing streak. But...calm down.

 

Btw...a lot of managers look as if they have "no fire." Joe Torre comes to mind...he's had a pretty good managerial career, no?

 

I liked Girardi, he was a quality manager and he made the right moves.

 

Why must you question everything I say every moment.

 

Yes, I would rather have Girardi right now then Fredi.

 

 

 

You're right...I am sorry.

 

Girardi was great.

Bringing a young pitcher back after a rain delay = great move.

 

Lets not forget his love for Matt Herges. Remember?...he, too, had his guy out of the bullpen who sucked, and yet...he used everyday. Probably b/c he had no other choice. Just like Fredi (believe it or not) has no other choice now. Gregg is the highest paid player on the team. The front office has a say in this; it's part of the reason why he's still closing.

 

EDIT: Btw...Joe Girardi once pinch-ran for the pinch-runner. Just thought I'd add that in for comedy. Another reason why he's way better than Fredi Gonzalez. :whistle

 

 

Did he really? I don't remember that. When did that happen?

 

I'm not saying you're wrong and I've only been watching baseball since June 2006, I just don't remember that.

 

How can you pinch run for a pinch runner?

There is a perfect explanation for that. I put a pitcher to pitch run since he was the 2nd fastest available. The fastest one was still trying to warm up in the bullpen, when he was warm up, I replace the pinch runner pitcher with another pitch runner pitcher. I know Kensing was somehow involve in this. The whole point of this was so I can get some ESPN air time. B)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.