Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Garbageman....I'm calling you out.

Featured Replies

I know you are lurking around here somewhere.

 

Now, you of course said a TON of stuff that was proven wrong since the beginning of the season (haven't we all?), but I am calling you out on one thing...

 

In a reply to Erick:

 

.500 baseball? How old are you, seriously? Cause you say things that make me think you either became a baseball fan during the beginning of spring training this year, or you are in little league on a really bad team and your coach gives a lot of inspirational speeches about how you guys can beat anyone on any given day and you take those speeches way too seriously. No disrespect intended, kid, but you really should not be expecting that kinda stuff from this team. We are not capable of winning now, and you need to learn to accept that or it will be a loooooong season for you. If this team is able to play .500 baseball with Mark Hendrickson facing other teams' aces for the first half of the season and the likes of Doogie Waechter and company on the roster, then I will eat a bug. I know there is a pretty high level of parity in the NL, but each division has their teams that will get beat up on pretty badly this year, and the NL East has the Marlins for that purpose. The Nationals aren't very good, but they will have their asses in our face for most of the season. Just enjoy watching the team develop, be excited about the next couple of years, and stop expecting them to win, cause it is not gonna happen, young man. :thumbup

 

WELL IT IS TIME TO PAY UP! I demand you take a picture or record a video of you eating a bug.

It's quite obvious he won't have the cojones to own up to this... my personal favorite statement was

 

The Nationals aren't very good, but they will have their asses in our face for most of the season

 

I think that may actually have been a grand total of ZERO days

HAHAHAHAHA! HE has to eat a bug! and lol the nats will have their asses in our faces LMAO! How about a 10-2 RECORD AGAINST THEM HAHAHAHAHA

LMAO!! Dannngg, u never forgot about this.

 

HOF thread in the making if he posts up and lives up to his word.

LMAO!! Dannngg, u never forgot about this.

 

HOF thread in the making if he posts up and lives up to his word.

 

 

Only if he actually posts a video of him eating a bug. :thumbup

  • Author

BTW, great find Rab. How long have you been holding this?

I was looking through old prediction threads yesterday, to see how bad people thought we were going to be (many of us were very wrong about many thing), and I just happened to come upon this. It's great.

BTW, great find Rab. How long have you been holding this?

I was looking through old prediction threads yesterday, to see how bad people thought we were going to be (many of us were very wrong about many thing), and I just happened to come upon this. It's great.

 

 

I know lol. Is his username Garbageman61? If it is hes still has his username

Garbageman was also one of the funniest posters to ever grace this site with his presence, 95% of all of his posts were said in jest. He made a poor prediction on how the 2008 Marlins would turn out, so what? So did most baseball "experts".

 

I'd much rather have Garbageman61 posting bad predictions once a once a month than certain member(s) how joined 2 months ago and already have nearly 2000 posts (amazingly enough without having ANY ONE of those posts be something insightful) consisting of garbage (no pun intended) like this -

 

any 1 else think howard might break the HR record because hes like only 26 and hes hitting 40 + a year

 

and a gem like this rarity where he *tried* to put some thought into a 'long' post:

 

because all the rays fans ive evr met and known are assholes and they have a nice field( to a lesser extent) with a playoff team and they get almost as bad of a crowd as the fish

 

plus they cant barely win anywhere but at the Trop. and they have a horrendus offense

 

but they have a Solid Rotation

i still hate Eva Longoria but CC Bj and Pena are pretty good

and most importantly THERE BULLPEN IS AMAZING (im jealous)thats there key to victory

 

w/e i just dont want another florida team to win id rather have the ANgels who have had a great season or the Bo Sox but most definatly the MARLINS

  • Author

Well, I'm basically giving it to Garbageman because he not only predicted the Marlins to lose between 90-115 games, but he was belittled and acted like a dick to anyone who didn't agree with him.

Well, I'm basically giving it to Garbageman because he not only predicted the Marlins to lose between 90-115 games, but he was belittled and acted like a dick to anyone who didn't agree with him.

 

 

I always took his posts to be in jest though, and some people just took his 'comedy' as being an asshole. He never intended for anyone to take him seriously.

 

edit: for instance, look at this post where the dude rips on his on mother-

 

I have always stated that I wasn't going to get excited about the playoffs until the team reached .500, and now since that has happened- I am excited.

 

So since I am excited, that means everyone else needs to get excited also. That's the way it works, see...

 

So follow my damn lead and get your asses out to at least one game against the Phillies this weekend. If you don't have money- sell something. There has to be something you can get 10 bucks for at the pawn shop. As a bonus, anyone attending the game will get a free autograph from me. That's right- I will be signing autographs in section 450 (I like sitting up high behind homeplate, and so should all of you) so come up and see me. I will be the one wearing a Florida Marlins baseball cap, you won't be able to miss me.

 

By the way- the Fish are like 2-13 in games I've attended this year, so they are going to need some good-luck-charm type people there to offset my attendance of the game.

 

The ONLY excuses that I will accept is a funeral for a family member or friend you have known for AT LEAST 5 years, or REALLY BAD diareah. Seriously- those are the only two. And don't even THINK about using PMS cramps as an excuse! My mother always uses them as an excuse for not visiting me. don't be like my mother. She's a nice lady but she's a LIAR! Liars get very little respect, come on. Don't you want to be respected? Don't you want to be rich and popular? Those good things never happen to liars. Trust me, they don't. All liars are disrespected in their communities and are poor. I'm not saying that all poor people are liars: some of them just have had some bad luck and stuff... But all liars are definitely poor.

 

Also if you sit in right field, bring some mirrors to shine into Ryan Howard's eyes when he's hitting. If you can get a hold of some frozen peas and a straw- it would be good to shoot frozen peas into his ear if you sit close to the plate on the first base side. Don't let the ushers catch you- they are supposed to throw you out for stuff like that: WITHOUT A REFUND and they will probably keep the straw AND the bag of peas.

 

And everyone give Conine a standing ovation when he come's up to hit the first time... And then do the same thing when he strikes out.

 

thumbup.gif Also bring some sunscreen on Sunday! I don't want any of you people skipping work on Monday because you have a sunburn. Be South Florida Sun Smart!!!!!

 

Okay, I'm done barking orders at you people. Don't forget- section 450. 5:30 pm on Saturday, and 12:30pm on Sunday. Be there, or be the only loser in the stadium without my very valuable autograph.

 

After the game I will take everyone out for icecream.*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Offer not valid.

Well, I'm basically giving it to Garbageman because he not only predicted the Marlins to lose between 90-115 games, but he was belittled and acted like a dick to anyone who didn't agree with him.

 

 

Exactly.

 

Yo Rab, where can i find that prediction thread?

  • Author

I have no reason to believe he was anything but an asshole because he never acted like anything else. You can be joking and still be a dick.

 

I mean, tons of us were wrong. I myself have been wrong about alot of things (Ricky is a good bullpen pitcher, Cantu is a september callup, Marlins will win between 77-80 games), but I never did it the way he did. He very much deserves to be called out.

  • Author

BTW, I managed to miss this one from Das.

 

So...lets play .500 ball for the 1st 2 months, and unleash the guys in June. Then it'll REALLY get fun to watch. :D

 

.500 baseball? How old are you, seriously? Cause you say things that make me think you either became a baseball fan during the beginning of spring training this year, or you are in little league on a really bad team and your coach gives a lot of inspirational speeches about how you guys can beat anyone on any given day and you take those speeches way too seriously. No disrespect intended, kid, but you really should not be expecting that kinda stuff from this team. We are not capable of winning now, and you need to learn to accept that or it will be a loooooong season for you. If this team is able to play .500 baseball with Mark Hendrickson facing other teams' aces for the first half of the season and the likes of Doogie Waechter and company on the roster, then I will eat a bug. I know there is a pretty high level of parity in the NL, but each division has their teams that will get beat up on pretty badly this year, and the NL East has the Marlins for that purpose. The Nationals aren't very good, but they will have their asses in our face for most of the season. Just enjoy watching the team develop, be excited about the next couple of years, and stop expecting them to win, cause it is not gonna happen, young man. :thumbup

 

 

I'll eat two. And I'll put it on Youtube.

I have no reason to believe he was anything but an asshole because he never acted like anything else. You can be joking and still be a dick.

 

I mean, tons of us were wrong. I myself have been wrong about alot of things (Ricky is a good bullpen pitcher, Cantu is a september callup, Marlins will win between 77-80 games), but I never did it the way he did. He very much serves to be called out.

 

 

Did you read the post I edited in with him ripping on his own mother? Maybe it's because you weren't here when he first started posting, but you really should go back to his post history and read his first 20 posts or so; they are hilarious.

 

He was never meant to be taken seriously...I always thought he was an alias of someone else on this board, he still might be...

  • Author

I have no reason to believe he was anything but an asshole because he never acted like anything else. You can be joking and still be a dick.

 

I mean, tons of us were wrong. I myself have been wrong about alot of things (Ricky is a good bullpen pitcher, Cantu is a september callup, Marlins will win between 77-80 games), but I never did it the way he did. He very much serves to be called out.

 

 

Did you read the post I edited in with him ripping on his own mother? Maybe it's because you weren't here when he first started posting, but you really should go back to his post history and read his first 20 posts or so; they are hilarious.

 

He was never meant to be taken seriously...I always thought he was an alias of someone else on this board, he still might be...

I did read it, and it was kinda funny. But that doesn't mean he was any less of a dick.

I remember the GarbageMan.

Funny how he called me an immature little kid several times, yet basically all of his predictions turned out wrong.

 

I'd like to know how his "Dontrelle will be better than any Marlins' SP this year" prediction has worked out. :rolleyes:

 

I'm convinced this guy was just here for shits and giggles. I highly doubt he was even a Marlins fan...he hasn't posted since the offseason, it seems. It's been a long time.

I think I predicted betw 60 and 70 wins. so being the stand up guy that I am, I will eat my crow, but please, I would like some barbeque sauce on that, and throw in a side of fries........

 

damn I hope I didn't make any bets.........

  • Author

Oh, I've been planning to start an entire thread where we can all eat our crow at the end of the season.

Oh, I've been planning to start an entire thread where we can all eat our crow at the end of the season.

 

That will be an interesting thread.

Im interested in seeing what predictions I made regarding 2008's record cos I have no idea what I thought in March/April.

I'm convinced this guy was just here for shits and giggles. I highly doubt he was even a Marlins fan...he hasn't posted since the offseason, it seems. It's been a long time.

Not surprising, a lot of long time posters have left or post very infrequently. As I recall he sometimes didn't post for quite a while and then would turn up again. I realize he was rude to you but he did bring a lot of humor to the board and he was rarely serious.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.