Uggla and Jacobs on the block?

Lane1974

Show me Colby Rasmus, and Dan Uggla will be shipped with free wrapping paper and laser engraving service.

this, Colby Rasmus has a HUGE upside, i actually think we wouldn't have to give up Uggla for him, but I believe that is what it would take to get him

Who said anything about Colby Rasmus?

That is the level of prospect you need to get for Uggla, or it's better to retain his services.

Yeah I know, I just wasn't sure if it was reported that we were interested in Rasmus or if one of our fellow users just thought it was a good idea.

What about trading Uggla to the Dodgers for a guy like Matt Kemp?

Well, he is having a great year and he's young. How is his defense?

He's played CF.

So I'm going to assume (which I normally don't do...this being an exception) his defense is 10x better than Willingham's.

He's a 5 tool player, who's already, somewhat, proven himself in the big leagues.

He's played CF.

So I'm going to assume (which I normally don't do...this being an exception) his defense is 10x better than Willingham's.

He's a 5 tool player, who's already, somewhat, proven himself in the big leagues.

Well, we can plug him in LF, and we know wer getting better defensively. And i checked his stats and he's a good ass hitter. So i say why not. But remember, getting rid of Uggla, and putting Coghlan means we'll get worse defensively in the infield.

He's played CF.

Well, we can plug him in LF, and we know wer getting better defensively. And i checked his stats and he's a good ass hitter. So i say why not. But remember, getting rid of Uggla, and putting Coghlan means we'll get worse defensively in the infield.

This is going to be one heck of an interesting offseason...that's all I gotta say.

In Beinfest, I trust.

Who can we get for Jacobs anyway? I know we can get a top prospect for uggla, but i dont think we can get much for jacobs, unless it is from an AL team.

That all depends who we're trading with.

A lot of teams wouldn't mind a possible 40 HR threat...especially in the AL.

Trade him to a team who's in need of some slugging, and I think we can get a decent prospect, in return.

Who can we get for Jacobs anyway? I know we can get a top prospect for uggla, but i dont think we can get much for jacobs, unless it is from an AL team.

That all depends who we're trading with.

A lot of teams wouldn't mind a possible 40 HR threat...especially in the AL.

Trade him to a team who's in need of some slugging, and I think we can get a decent prospect, in return.

The toronto Blue jays are perfect trading partners. They were competing this year, but they were a terrible slugging team. Maybe a slugger like mike jacobs can help them out.

Also, they have a young catcher by the name of J.P Arenchibia who mashes lefties. Maybe we can trade Mike Jacobs to the blue jays for him, and have a nice little platoon with arenchibia and Baker

It'll be pretty impressive if Beinfest can get a Tucker/Thompson/Sinkbiel level pitching prospect for him. And really, that's fine for an average at best 1B starter. Maybe Beinfest can sell him to an AL team and get them to fall in love with his RHP splits. (.857 ops). Which aren't that eye popping.

---

And to other posts, Kemp will have over 2 years of service time. We need someone younger that won't hit expensive years as quickly as the starting pitching currently is, and before completion of the stadium. We need to turn whoever we trade into players with at least two CC years left. I'd say St. Louis with Rasmus, San Diego with Headley, San Fran with Sandoval, and maybe even the Indians with a sleeper prospect like Wes Hodges would get the Marlins attention in starting to form a package for Dan.

Yeah...with Jake I think we're getting at best a B- prospect, but mostly likely a C+

Has Beau shown he can stay at third? I'd rather have his bat than Hodges but I know the draft there was the whole "future 1b" thing but I really haven't kept up with him and he's still playing third in the minors.

Has Beau shown he can stay at third? I'd rather have his bat than Hodges but I know the draft there was the whole "future 1b" thing but I really haven't kept up with him and he's still playing third in the minors.

I'd say no. This is Beau in an interview last month.

Q: You've played first base and third base so far during your pro career. What position do you think you'll end up at?

A: I think I'll end up at first base. I'll play anywhere the Indians want me to play and I'm not going to exclude myself from any positions - outfield, infield, anywhere, I'll play there. Right now they really like me at first and I like to be at first, and I feel real comfortable over there; I'm getting even more comfortable as we go on.

He's played CF.

This is going to be one heck of an interesting offseason...that's all I gotta say.

In Beinfest, I trust.

With ya. I take this little blurb along the lines of "anyone is tradeable" type of thinking the team has always had. I'm not reading too much into it.

I can see Jake being traded. Basically swapping the HR totals for more of a contact hitter that can actually play 1B with more consistency. And I've changed my tune on Jeremy. I think the team has finally given up on his potential and will move Cody to be the every day RFer, trading Jeremy. That "experimental medical procedure" Cody went through last off season on his hammy really paid off big time for him. It's not so much the numbers he put up, it's more that he proved he could be healthy and relied on. The direct opposite for Jeremy. He got more starts and ABs than he ever had and didn't impress. Even got benched.

I would love to have the inside scoop on the Hammer thinking. Like what the team thinks of him not opting for the surgery on his back, instead taking the rest and exercise route that worked so well for him last off season. He's surging here at the end but is it enough? Is Raynor ready? Bring someone else in via trade and let ST sort it out?

Amaze us Mr Beinfest.