Frisaro mentions Griffey...

it would put people in the seats.

about all it is good for, same as bonds. crap why not just go get both can be the oldest outfield in the majors and just leytmaybin go get everything :)

Not the same - Bonds [allegedly] would come much cheaper, and I would expect more production and less K's out of Bonds.

ERICK, HERMIDA WILL BE TRADED IN A FEW SEASONS ANYWAY.HERMIDA AND HIS FRAGILE INJURY PRONE BODY ARE REPLACEABLE.

ERICK WE HAVE JOHN RAYNOR, SCOTT COUSINS AND MIKE STANTON IN THE MINORS.WE COULD GET EVEN MORE TOP OUTFIELD PROSPECTS WITH TRADE/TRADES OF OUR CURRENT TOP PLAYERS IN THE FUTURE!!!!

STOP YELLING!1!!!1

ERICK!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

about all it is good for, same as bonds. crap why not just go get both can be the oldest outfield in the majors and just leytmaybin go get everything :)

Not the same - Bonds [allegedly] would come much cheaper, and I would expect more production and less K's out of Bonds.

People hate Bonds, they don't hate Griffey.

Griffey WILL NOT draw fans to the stadium.

Point in case: When he hit #600 here, we drew 16,000 people.

Six.Teen. Thousand. People.

C'mon folks, if only 16k people show up to witness a historical moment in baseball history, what makes you think they will show up to watch him roam in the outfield for 81 "normal" games?

C'mon folks, if only 16k people show up to witness a historical moment in baseball history, what makes you think they will show up to watch him roam in the outfield for 81 "normal" games?

I think if he were a Marlin, that 16,000 would have doubled.

Just me.

Just me.

Why though? What past instances can you give to back up this claim?

We've had such stars as Pudge Rodriguez, Carlos Delgado, Mike Piazza (lol), and Hanley Ramirez and we STILL draw crap. We could resurrect Babe Ruth himself , stick a Marlins uniform on him and nobody would show up.

Just me.

We've had such stars as Pudge Rodriguez, Carlos Delgado, Mike Piazza (lol), and Hanley Ramirez and we STILL draw crap. We could resurrect Babe Ruth himself , stick a Marlins uniform on him and nobody would show up.

Were any of those arguably the best player in the history of the game? Were any of those players even close to reaching any major milestone in a Marlin uniform, nonetheless 600 homeruns?

Marlins fans have shown that they show up... when something matters. But if that thing that matters doesn't help their team, do you think they're going to show? C'mon...

Just me.

Were any of those arguably the best player in the history of the game? Were any of those players even close to reaching any major milestone in a Marlin uniform, nonetheless 600 homeruns?

Marlins fans have shown that they show up... when something matters. But if that thing that matters doesn't help their team, do you think they're going to show? C'mon...

This is true, but you also have to consider the fact that Griffey is not even close to what he used to be. He's aging and degressing at a depressing rate. His career is basically over.

If we were talking '98 Griffey, then yeah, I would see your point, but this is '08 Griffey.

This is true, but you also have to consider the fact that Griffey is not even close to what he used to be. He's aging and degressing at a depressing rate. His career is basically over.

If we were talking '98 Griffey, then yeah, I would see your point, but this is '08 Griffey.

Oh, I'm not trying to prove why Griffey will put fans in the seats. I'm just disagreeing with your comparisons to why he won't.

Oh, I'm not trying to prove why Griffey will put fans in the seats. I'm just disagreeing with your comparisons to why he won't.

Ok, fair enough. I think I misunderstood what you were saying. Actually, I misread it. You were saying if Griffey were hitting #600 AS A MARLIN then there would be 2x 16,000. There's no denying that. I thought you were implying that people would flock to see him through the course of an 81-game home game season.

Ok, fair enough. I think I misunderstood what you were saying. Actually, I misread it. You were saying if Griffey were hitting #600 AS A MARLIN then there would be 2x 16,000. There's no denying that. I thought you were implying that people would flock to see him through the course of an 81-game home game season.

I don't think any player could make a teams attendance double throughout an 81-game season... with the exception of Ruth or Williams returning from the dead for a season and the Yanks and Sox doubling their capacity.

no, it was bad enough watching gonzo in the outfield

I don't care how tired his legs are, or how weak his arm may now be, but one thing you still get by signing Griffey is great defense.

You haven't watched him lately...

Yes, I have. He's lost a step. His arm ain't a cannon.

But he is still good.

I don't care how tired his legs are, or how weak his arm may now be, but one thing you still get by signing Griffey is great defense.

Yes, I have. He's lost a step. His arm ain't a cannon.

But he is still good.

I don't think Griffey is considered a good defensive outfielder anymore.

I don't think you understand what he was saying, read what he wrote again...it does not matter how tired his legs are and it does not matter how weak his arm is.

You* will still be getting great defense by signing Griffey. So if you wanted to sign Griffey, he could play great defense for you, and really his point stands that if you sign him you could really have him do some outstanding defensive things for you. I think you should sign him.

*all italics added by me.

If Griffey wasn't still a good defensive player, no team would consider playing him in centerfield. Nonetheless during a playoff run.

Not sure what that's saying... The Rays threw Ben Zobrist in RF in the playoffs when he never played there in his life.

You're really reaching, aren't you?