Trade suggestion (NOT A RUMOR)

Teal Shadow 2007

I have read that regardless of the imminent trade with the Nats (remember it isnt concluded yet) that the team will keep Uggla for 2009.

The trade suggestion u made is an interesting one, however I think the Dodgers would want more for Kemp than a simple one for one. And they would definately not want to get rid of him if they cant secure Manny.

Very interesting, and I wouldn't be completely opposed. You're basically trading some power for some speed and defense, but still not sacrificing much (if any) offense. And you're opening up second base for younger, speedier, better defensive options. Not a terrible idea if this was the plan. I couldn't see LA having much opposition to this, either. They have the money to go fill that space in the OF, and upgrade their infield significantly. Very interesting... The speed our lineup would posses with Bonaficio and Kemp added is incredible.

1) Bonaficio

2) Baker

3) Ramirez

4) McPherson

5) Kemp

6) Hermida

7) Sanchez

8) Maybin

(Could easily flip-flop Maybin and Bonaficio)

Very interesting, and I wouldn't be completely opposed. You're basically trading some power for some speed and defense, but still not sacrificing much (if any) offense. And you're opening up second base for younger, speedier, better defensive options. Not a terrible idea if this was the plan. I couldn't see LA having much opposition to this, either. They have the money to go fill that space in the OF, and upgrade their infield significantly. Very interesting... The speed our lineup would posses with Bonaficio and Kemp added is incredible.

1) Bonaficio

2) Baker

3) Ramirez

4) McPherson

5) Kemp

6) Hermida

7) Sanchez

8) Maybin

Cantu???? :confused

1) Bonaficio

2) Baker

3) Ramirez

4) McPherson

5) Kemp

6) Hermida

7) Sanchez

8) Maybin

Cantu???? :confused

My fault.

vs. RHP

1) Bonaficio 2B

2) Baker C

3) Ramirez SS

4) Cantu 1B

5) McPherson 3B

6) Kemp LF

7) Hermida RF

8) Maybin CF

vs. LHP

1) Bonaficio 2B

2) Baker C

3) Ramirez SS

4) Cantu 3B

5) Kemp LF

6) Ross RF

7) Sanchez 1B

8) Maybin CF

Sound good?

NO NO NO!!!!!! I'm tired of trading away our top hitters.The fans need an attachment to some players.Two time all star in three seasons, Dan Uggla would be the perfect man to join Hanley Ramirez.

:lmao: This takes the cake for most ridicolous post ever. In this day in age the best you can hope for is attachment to the team.

OK...GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEADS...

READY? OK!

EMILIO BONIFACIO IS NOT (NOT!) A STARTING 2B IN THE BIG LEAGUES! EMILIO BONIFACIO IS NOT A 1ST HITTER...HE WILL NEVER BE A 1ST HITTER...THE 1ST HITTER WILL BE CAMERON MAYBIN, AND YOU WILL LIKE IT.

Got it?

Also, while Kemp is a nice player, we need a 2B more than we need an OF'er.

Bonifacio is a guy who can become a nice utility player, if all pans out. Nothing more, nothing less.

NO NO NO!!!!!! I'm tired of trading away our top hitters.The fans need an attachment to some players.Two time all star in three seasons, Dan Uggla would be the perfect man to join Hanley Ramirez.

:lmao: This takes the cake for most ridicolous post ever. In this day in age the best you can hope for is attachment to the team.

Yeah your right.The Fish have a reputation for keeping their best players for long periods.

READY? OK!

EMILIO BONIFACIO IS NOT (NOT!) A STARTING 2B IN THE BIG LEAGUES! EMILIO BONIFACIO IS NOT A 1ST HITTER...HE WILL NEVER BE A 1ST HITTER...THE 1ST HITTER WILL BE CAMERON MAYBIN, AND YOU WILL LIKE IT.

Got it?

Bonifacio is a guy who can become a nice utility player, if all pans out. Nothing more, nothing less.

Nice Hissy.

I think bonafacio will be a great 2 hitter.

READY? OK!

Got it?

Nice Hissy.

Based on what?

READY? OK!

Got it?

Nice Hissy.

Yeah...we should totally trade Uggla and make our new 2nd baseman (who struggled to produce quality #'s in the PCL) to hit 2nd in the order. Heck...while we're at it, lets trade Hanley and put Andino to hit 1st in the lineup. That'll make as much sense, so why not? Bonifacio and Andino are, after all, basically the same player. And we all know Andino is such a good hitter. :rolleyes: But hey...at least we'll improve defensively with THIS scenario! HIGH FIVE! :hat

READY? OK!

Got it?

First off, No one on these boards knows Jack about what this team is gonna do and throwing tantrums isnt very becoming. Secondly, I agree that Maybin will probably be the leadoff hitter but nothing the team does will suprise me. Finally I am of the opinion that the FO probably knew they were gonna get roasted by the media and fans as dumping salaries in willy and olsen and to counteract that they said that they are keeping Uggla. All the while they are gonna trade him but saying that lets other teams know they arent going to sell Uggla cheap. It is going to take an offer of monsterous proportions to get Uggla away from here but I am of the opinion that its gonna happen. Again I am sure I am wrong and I am ok with that because I know that I am as in the dark as every single person on this board is.

READY? OK!

Got it?

Bonifacio is a gold-glove caliber second baseman with a ton of speed. If he could hit .260 with a .320 OBP, he can start in the major leagues. You aren't looking for another Dan Uggla, you're looking for the next Luis Castillo, and this is a guy with that potential. Do you REALLY think Admin Beinfest just traded Olsen and Willingham for a guy he views as an at-best Utility player? You're clueless if you believe that is how he views Bonifacio.

READY? OK!

Got it?

Bonifacio is a gold-glove caliber second baseman with a ton of speed. If he could hit .260 with a .320 OBP, he can start in the major leagues. You aren't looking for another Dan Uggla, you're looking for the next Luis Castillo, and this is a guy with that potential. Do you REALLY think Admin Beinfest just traded Olsen and Willingham for a guy he views as an at-best Utility player? You're clueless if you believe that is how he views Bonifacio.

Hopefully he doesn't view Bonifacio as the next Luis Castillo.... because he's the only one out there suggesting he is anything more than a utility player.

Nevermind, all hail Beinfest.

.320 OBP is barely passable. Castillo is a career .367, with peak years of .418, .391, and .381. That's pretty awesome.

There is no way Bonifacio does that. I think Beinfest views him as a better Amezaga. Coghlan is still our # 2 organizational 2B.

Comparing Bonifacio to Luis Castillo is something lots of people are doing all of the sudden, and even that is laughable.

Luis Castillo's career .OBP in the minors was .405, and he improved his BB rate just about every year. Lui walked more than he K'd in his minor league career.

Bonifacio, on the other hand, has a career minor league .OBP of .340. He's a guy with very little power...who has K'd over 100x in 3 of his minor league seasons.

The comparison isn't a good one.

Luis Castillo was also an All-Star a few times over, which is not what I expect from Bonifacio. I do expect a poor-mans Luis, someone who is capable of starting at the major league level by providing phenominal defense and speed.

Apparently they don't even see him in the ML's this season. If Uggla was moved, it looks like Coghlan will be the one taking the helm, at least this year.

• 2 months later...

Jeff Kent officially retired today.... thought I'd revive this thread considering difficulties regarding Uggla's salary number for next season. Personally, I would love the move. Kemp is just the type we need to upgrade the OF.

Stop this now. We have tons of outfielders.

Maybin, Hermida, Ross MLB

Raynor, Carroll, J. Miller AAA

Morrison, Cousins, Petersen AA

Stanton, Galloway, Smolinksi A+/A

If this organization trades for a soon to be arbitration bound outfielder, we just wasted an enormous trading chip with Uggla. When we trade Uggla, we need the best pitching prospect we can get as our minors are very thin past West, Tucker, and Ceda in the pitching department.