Orlando Hudson

MarlinsMS_35

Since he seems like our top free agent target, lets keep everything in one thread.

Rumors surrounding him that I could find:

MLBTR

Here's a new one - the Marlins are interested in Orlando Hudson?

MLB.com

The Marlins may seek modest deals, and a couple of players to keep an eye on in free agency are Arizona second baseman Orlando Hudson and right-hander Carl Pavano.

Well my opinion if we sign Hudson is to move Uggla to third, and Cantu/Sanchez at 1st.

predicted lineup if it happens. Don't yell at me by saying some guy shouldn't be hitting in this spot. It's just my opinion, mix and match what you want.

Maybin

Hudson

Hanley

Cantu

Baker

Uggla

Ross

Hermida/ other RFer if he gets traded

Pitcher

^Nice

Well my opinion if we sign Hudson is to move Uggla to third, and Cantu/Sanchez at 1st.

predicted lineup if it happens. Don't yell at me by saying some guy shouldn't be hitting in this spot. It's just my opinion, mix and match what you want.

Maybin

Hudson

Hanley

Cantu

Baker

Uggla

Ross

Pitcher

^Nice

SOME GUY SHOULDN'T BE HITTING IN THIS SPOT!

Also, no reason to move Uggla to 3B in my eyes. No reason at all.

Maybin

Hudson

Hanley

Cantu

Baker

Uggla

Ross

Pitcher

^Nice

That team costs $45+ million.

Maybin

Hudson

Hanley

Cantu

Baker

Uggla

Ross

Pitcher

^Nice

Baker batting 5th?

Maybin

Hudson

Hanley

Cantu

Baker

Uggla

Ross

Pitcher

^Nice

Baker batting 5th?

Look at what's bolded.

Agree. I believe Hudson would fit well w/ our team. He would be a great addition.

As for having traded for two 2bman. I see Bonifacio sent to the minors or work off the bench for a year or two. Uggla's price will continue to rise. Soon enough he will be traded and Bonifacio will be ready to take over. Don't think bringing Bonifacio was a move made w/ the intent of having him make a big impact this year.

However, he can be slowly eased to take over second in the future. Also, if Hudson is brought over, it'll probably be for only one or two years. Enough time to ease Bonifacio into the position.

The Indians are interested in Orlando Hudson, who reportedly seeks a five-year, $50MM deal.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Um, I'm not really interested in the guy being over 25% of our payroll (twice as much as Hanley), and he's injury-prone. If that's what he wants, thanks but no thanks.

Hes a good veteran bat but not the kind of clutch or offensive threat we need.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.