Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Maybin sent to AAA

Featured Replies

If Bonifacio is either sent to AAA or benched for the foreseeable future, who bats leadoff? Coghlan? Hermida? We don't have many options.

Boni won't be sent to AAA. It'll either be him, Coghlan, or Amezaga.

"You look around the league there's a couple of guys who are right where I am and they're still getting a chance to play but you got to do what you got to do,'' he said.

 

--- Cameron Maybin in Palm Beach Post

It looks like his pissed

"You look around the league there's a couple of guys who are right where I am and they're still getting a chance to play but you got to do what you got to do,'' he said.

 

--- Cameron Maybin in Palm Beach Post

I think he's talking about Schafer and Fowler and if he is then he's wrong because they've outplayed him. I guess he's not happy.

Not by too much

"You look around the league there's a couple of guys who are right where I am and they're still getting a chance to play but you got to do what you got to do,'' he said.

 

--- Cameron Maybin in Palm Beach Post

I think he's talking about Schafer and Fowler and if he is then he's wrong because they've outplayed him. I guess he's not happy.

 

According to the PB Post, those are the two players he mentioned.

Maybin needs to shut his mouth, get his sh*t together in the minors, and learn the hit the ball. No need to whine,

"You look around the league there's a couple of guys who are right where I am and they're still getting a chance to play but you got to do what you got to do,'' he said.

 

--- Cameron Maybin in Palm Beach Post

I think he's talking about Schafer and Fowler and if he is then he's wrong because they've outplayed him. I guess he's not happy.

Schafer has 41 Ks.

Maybin needs to shut his mouth, get his sh*t together in the minors, and learn the hit the ball. No need to whine,

 

I don't see how he's whining, but ok.

 

"You look around the league there's a couple of guys who are right where I am and they're still getting a chance to play but you got to do what you got to do,'' he said.

 

--- Cameron Maybin in Palm Beach Post

I think he's talking about Schafer and Fowler and if he is then he's wrong because they've outplayed him. I guess he's not happy.

Schafer has 41 Ks.

 

And a .367 OBP.

I hope hes pissed and has a chip on his shoulder. Give him some motivation to go down there rip it up, come back here and shove it up everyones ass.

And a .367 OBP.

He also spent time deeper in the order earlier in his career.

 

I don't think that's the reason he's got a .93 point advantage in OBP.

And a .367 OBP.

He also spent time deeper in the order earlier in his career.

 

I don't think that's the reason he's got a .93 point advantage in OBP.

I was just pointing it out.

I hope hes pissed and has a chip on his shoulder. Give him some motivation to go down there rip it up, come back here and shove it up everyones ass.

 

 

I hope we can find a lineup we can stick with on a consistent basis...

Whoever it would be really couldnt be any worse than Bonifacio because thats nearly impossible.

 

LOL I bet you wanted Maybin to lead off a month ago! He somehow accomplished the 'nearly impossible'.

Whoever it would be really couldnt be any worse than Bonifacio because thats nearly impossible.

 

LOL I bet you wanted Maybin to lead off a month ago! He somehow accomplished the 'nearly impossible'.

 

 

Hitting 8th.

Because the FO and Coaching staff are doing it as well, and they generally have a more complete picture of what each player can do or is doing

So we should never question their thinking.

 

I hear this line dropped all the time. It is a valid point but IMO not as strong as the fact that a multi-million dollar organization made the decision in the first place. Yes we should question them, but that does not mean that our opinions are as important or informed as those of the decision-makers.

Because the FO and Coaching staff are doing it as well, and they generally have a more complete picture of what each player can do or is doing

So we should never question their thinking.

 

I hear this line dropped all the time. It is a valid point but IMO not as strong as the fact that a multi-million dollar organization made the decision in the first place. Yes we should question them, but that does not mean that our opinions are as important or informed as those of the decision-makers.

 

 

Well, us "Bonifacio haterz" are looking pretty good, at the moment.

In the context of this board, my opinion (And any of yours) should actually be more important than Beinfest's or Hill's or any of them since they don't post here. Using "The FO thinks this so you are wrong" is the weakest fall back that so many people use (and it tends to be the same people over and over.) They don't post here. Basically, what people are saying with that is that there is no point in discussing a decision already made. If we don't question the FO's decisions, there's no point in having this board.

Hitting 8th.

 

I dont think leading off would somehow enable Maybin to hit a breaking pitch. Also, I'll steal these stats from Poloa from a different thread. I'm not sure they are totally accurate but no one questioned them last time around:

 

Maybin has more PAs batting 1st and 2nd (47) than batting 8th (43) and has struggled even more hitting at the top of the order. His struggles are not caused by where he hits.

 

Batting 1st - 10 PAs / .311 OPS

Batting 2nd - 37 PAs / .601 OPS

Batting 8th - 43 PAs / .654 OPS

 

Small sample, sure, but I really don't think a position in the order explains a .050 difference in BA (Maybin is about .200 while EB is about .250)

Well, us "Bonifacio haterz" are looking pretty good, at the moment.

 

congratulations. the leadoff hitter on [y]our favorite club sucks and you called it.

Hitting 8th.

 

I dont think leading off would somehow enable Maybin to hit a breaking pitch. Also, I'll steal these stats from Poloa from a different thread. I'm not sure they are totally accurate but no one questioned them last time around:

 

Batting 1st - 10 PAs / .311 OPS

Batting 2nd - 37 PAs / .601 OPS

Batting 8th - 43 PAs / .654 OPS

 

Small sample, sure, but I really don't think a position in the order explains a .050 difference in BA (Maybin is about .200 while EB is about .250)

 

And that .050 difference in BA has amounted in a whopping .005 OPS advantage for Boner.

 

At this point, trying to argue Boner has been better than Maybin is a pretty pointless discussion. They've both been really really bad. Boner has a 5 game hot stretch to prop his up. At least Maybin has been consistently bad, whereas Boner had a 5 game Ichiro impression and has been, basically a pitcher batting leadoff since.

 

Neither has been very good, and throwing your hat behind either one is going to make you look pretty dumb right now. They both suck. Boner inexplicably still has the faith of the FO, but they are both not worthy of being starters.

Well, us "Bonifacio haterz" are looking pretty good, at the moment.

 

congratulations. the leadoff hitter on [y]our favorite club sucks and you called it.

 

Well, yeah. He was right. We are shooting ourselves in the foot and seemingly have no intention of fixing this. Maybe if the FO took the word of some of our posters our offense would be better.

Basically, what people are saying with that is that there is no point in discussing a decision already made. If we don't question the FO's decisions, there's no point in having this board.

 

no one is saying this but you. you are trying to reduce a fairly valid and simple point (they know more than we do) to absurdity by suggesting that it necessarily negates everything we do here. You are free to speculate, but don't be surprised when people side with the management over some shmo named bob-bob. :p

Basically, what people are saying with that is that there is no point in discussing a decision already made. If we don't question the FO's decisions, there's no point in having this board.

 

no one is saying this but you. you are trying to reduce a fairly valid and simple point (they know more than we do) to absurdity by suggesting that it necessarily negates everything we do here. You are free to speculate, but don't be surprised when people side with the management over some shmo named bob-bob. :p

 

It's not a valid point at all. All it is attempting to do is act as a trump card for lazy people who don't feel like backing up their points. You are defending intellectual laziness.

 

How you can infer anything else from people saying that is beyond me. People are saying "I'm right because I agree with the FO." Well, no. Not in the context of the board. Not if you want people to take you seriously, and not if you want this place to develop into a place for legitimate discussions.

And that .050 difference in BA has amounted in a whopping .005 OPS advantage for Boner.

 

They both have taken 8 walks, Maybin has less PA. You wanna talk about small sample size...

 

 

Neither has been very good, and throwing your hat behind either one is going to make you look pretty dumb right now. They both suck. Boner inexplicably still has the faith of the FO, but they are both not worthy of being starters.

 

I'm not throwing my hat behind anyone. I never said EB was a good hitter. There is simply a lack of proportionality between the love/forgiveness for Golden Boy and the hatred for Boner-Face.

And that .050 difference in BA has amounted in a whopping .005 OPS advantage for Boner.

 

They both have taken 8 walks, Maybin has less PA. You wanna talk about small sample size...

 

 

Neither has been very good, and throwing your hat behind either one is going to make you look pretty dumb right now. They both suck. Boner inexplicably still has the faith of the FO, but they are both not worthy of being starters.

 

I'm not throwing my hat behind anyone. I never said EB was a good hitter. There is simply a lack of proportionality between the love/forgiveness for Golden Boy and the hatred for Boner-Face.

 

The Golden Boy?

 

Sorry, that's Jeremy Hermida. You haven't been here very long, I understand.

 

 

Who the hell is forgiving anyone? If anything, there is a way bigger lack of proportionality between the forgiveness/rope the FO is giving to Boner and Maybin. There is no legitimate reason for Boner to have started the season leading off, and there's no reason for him to continue leading off given his ~.400 OPS since the first week.

 

 

And Maybin walking more in less PAs is in line with their career minor league lines. Sure, it's a small sample size, but it's also to be expected.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.