Michael Jackson is dead. R.I.P.

Ashley

"We've just learned Michael Jackson was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Los Angeles ... and we're told it was cardiac arrest and that paramedics administered CPR in the ambulance ... and it's looking bad.

He was picked up at his home around 20 minutes ago -- we're told his mother is on the way to visit him.

UPDATE: The 911 call came in at 12:21PM at his Holmby Hills home in L.A.

UPDATE: A Jackson family member tells TMZ Michael is in 'really bad shape" and the brothers are headed to UCLA.

UPDATE: We just got off the phone with Joe Jackson, Michael's dad, who says "he is not doing well.'"

TMZ

This is HUGE, you guys. =(

*Some sources are reporting that he is dead, this is not true! No official statement has been released. I'll keep you guys updated.

En Rojo Vivo just said that he's not dead, that those reports are false.

I said that before TMZ reported it. TMZ is a real source, buddy.

No, it's not.

Unless someone hacked into the site *crosses fingers* their stories are 100% legit.

En Rojo Vivo just said that he's not dead, that those reports are false.

I said that before TMZ reported it. TMZ is a real source, buddy.

No, it's not.

Unless someone hacked into the site *crosses fingers* their stories are 100% legit.

They aren't against running rumors to be the first to a story. I'm praying this is just that.

From CNN:

(CNN) -- Entertainer Michael Jackson was taken to a hospital on Thursday after suffering cardiac arrest, sources briefed on the situation told CNN.

Paramedics revived Jackson before taking him to the hospital.

Fire Capt. Steve Ruda told CNN a 911 call came in from a west Los Angeles residence at 12:21 p.m.

Ruda said Jackson was treated and transferred to the UCLA Medical Center.

Asked specifics of the patient's condition, the spokesman said he could not discuss them because of federal privacy laws.

The music icon from Gary, Indiana, was known as the "King of Pop."

Jackson was the seventh

CNN

In recent times he has been a weirdo in the public eye and been entitled "Wacko Jacko". Then there was the whole business about whether he did or didn't molest kids.

But...the man is both a musical and performing GENIUS and if he has passed away it is an enormous loss to the music and entertainment industries and this would be a very sad day.