Michael Jackson is dead. R.I.P.

Ashley

Only afters after news broke about Michael Jackson's death, the Internet is buzzing with rumors that both Jeff Goldblum and Harrison Ford died Thursday.

Only one website is reporting Goldblum's death -- and their site isn't currently up and running. Still, the rumor is that he fell to his death on the set of a movie in New Zealand. However, his Wikipedia site reports that the news is a hoax.

Another website reports that Twitter posts indicate Harrison Ford died today, but again nobody else is reporting it or passing it along.

Stay tuned as we figure it all out.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/80s/2009/06/more-celeb-death-rumors-now-its-jeff-goldblum-and-harrison-ford.html

Funny how some of the same people who bashed this guy for being a wacko while being alive are now sad over his death. What a joke. This guy was made fun of for being weird a lot. Now today it's back to "oh, greatest musician ever" because he's dead.

I'm not gonna say I hope he goes to hell b/c that's just disrespectful, but he wasn't exactly a saint, and I, somewhat, understand what Mets_bs is saying.

Don't just kiss his ass now b/c he's dead b/c if he wasn't, the majority would be saying "great musician, tremendous weirdo."

Funny how some of the same people who bashed this guy for being a wacko while being alive are now sad over his death. What a joke. This guy was made fun of for being weird a lot. Now today it's back to "oh, greatest musician ever" because he's dead.

I'm not gonna say I hope he goes to hell b/c that's just disrespectful, but he wasn't exactly a saint, and I, somewhat, understand what Mets_bs is saying.

Don't just kiss his ass now b/c he's dead b/c if he wasn't, the majority would be saying "great musician, tremendous weirdo."

That pretty much sums up my opinions on MJ. He was a strange character such as his attire when he went out in public and the way he dressed his kids in masks etc. I also thought he was a vile, disgusting man with all the allegations of him being a kiddy fiddler. But I did respect his musical talent and I love a lot of his songs.

So Michael Jackson 1958-2009, great musician, tremendous weirdo.

There is still no denying the impact his music made all over the world. We are not sad that Michael Jackson the suspected pedophile died. We are sad that Michael Jackson, the creator of Thriller, Billie Jean and Bad died.

He is a weirdo but that was after he made the greatest selling album in history and he's arguably the greatest entertainer in the world.

And when someone passes away you try to remember the good not the bad.

Good stuff Erick.

He is a weirdo but that was after he made the greatest selling album in history and he's arguably the greatest entertainer in the world.

And when someone passes away you try to remember the good not the bad.

Yet, while he was alive, the majority made fun of him. Bunch of bulls***, if you ask me.

I grew up with Michael Jackson (figuratively). One of my first LPs as a kid was the Jackson 5's ABC album. Even though I was more into punk and hard rock by the time I got to high school, I decided to go out and buy Off The Wall when it came out and to this day think it is one of the best pop albums of all time. Then when I was in college Thriller came out which was just about as good but that was when I started to notice Michael was getting a little weird. By the time Bad came out we all knew he was a freak but damn the music was still infectious. After that even the music wasn't enough to make you forget what a nut job he was. It's a shame how he became such a grotesque caricature of what he thought the world wanted him to be. As a "grown" man he certainly had to be held accountable for his crimes against children but there can be no doubt that he was himself a victim of manipulation by his family and by the entertainment industry vultures that made billions of dollars off of him. It's a tragic story...with a very cool soundtrack.

2 observations:

1. In life, we have a child phenom who evolves into gifted entertainer then moves into wacko and bizarre.

In life, he's had one that none of us has any relation to, in any aspect.

But in death, he's in a spot that all of us are certain to relate to 100%.

2. Governor Sanford is silently saying a prayer somewhere right now. He gets bumped right off the 24 hour news cycle.

I grew up with Michael Jackson (figuratively). One of my first LPs as a kid was the Jackson 5's ABC album. Even though I was more into punk and hard rock by the time I got to high school, I decided to go out and buy Off The Wall when it came out and to this day think it is one of the best pop albums of all time. Then when I was in college Thriller came out which was just about as good but that was when I started to notice Michael was getting a little weird. By the time Bad came out we all knew he was a freak but damn the music was still infectious. After that even the music wasn't enough to make you forget what a nut job he was. It's a shame how he became such a grotesque caricature of what he thought the world wanted him to be. As a "grown" man he certainly had to be held accountable for his crimes against children but there can be no doubt that he was himself a victim of manipulation by his family and by the entertainment industry vultures that made billions of dollars off of him. It's a tragic story...with a very cool soundtrack.

good stuff mountain.