Michael Jackson is dead. R.I.P.

Ashley

John Lennon was murdered in cold blood by a psychopath. Michael Jackson was a weirdo who went into a self-destructive tailspin and overdosed on Demerol.

This is more like when Anna Nicole Smith died.

It's not about how they died, it's who they were. Elvis Presly work for you then?

One of the things I've always liked about you, Mets_bs, is that you weren't a troll like most Met fans who come on here. Why start now?

Not trolling, I honestly don't get all the grief. That and John Lennon is probably my favorite musician -- yeah the whole fake activism bulls*** was annoying but we're talking about a guy who was murdered and a guy whose death wasn't all that unexpected.

And yes, the Elvis comparison is probably more fitting.

continually posting trying to get a rise is what trolling is, which is what you've been doing. Your fine to post your stance but what you're doing is going beyond that.

"Greatness is never appreciated in youth, called pride in midlife, dismissed in old age and reconsidered in death. Because we cannot tolerate greatness in our midst we do all that we can to destroy it."

You forgot to mention who's quote that is.

Funny how some of the same people who bashed this guy for being a wacko while being alive are now sad over his death. What a joke. This guy was made fun of for being weird a lot. Now today it's back to "oh, greatest musician ever" because he's dead.

I'm not gonna say I hope he goes to hell b/c that's just disrespectful, but he wasn't exactly a saint, and I, somewhat, understand what Mets_bs is saying.

Don't just kiss his ass now b/c he's dead b/c if he wasn't, the majority would be saying "great musician, tremendous weirdo."

Why do you always do this?

Do what?

Cause controversy. You're basically calling people out. Not the time to do it, dude.

"Greatness is never appreciated in youth, called pride in midlife, dismissed in old age and reconsidered in death. Because we cannot tolerate greatness in our midst we do all that we can to destroy it."

You forgot to mention who's quote that is.

? Lady Morella

Lady Morella was the third wife of Emperor Turhan.

God bless Wikipedia.

John Lennon was murdered in cold blood by a psychopath. Michael Jackson was a weirdo who went into a self-destructive tailspin and overdosed on Demerol.

This is more like when Anna Nicole Smith died.

It's not about how they died, it's who they were. Elvis Presly work for you then?

One of the things I've always liked about you, Mets_bs, is that you weren't a troll like most Met fans who come on here. Why start now?

Not trolling, I honestly don't get all the grief. That and John Lennon is probably my favorite musician -- yeah the whole fake activism bulls*** was annoying but we're talking about a guy who was murdered and a guy whose death wasn't all that unexpected.

And yes, the Elvis comparison is probably more fitting.

continually posting trying to get a rise is what trolling is, which is what you've been doing. Your fine to post your stance but what you're doing is going beyond that.

I posted my stance and then replied to a poor comparison of MJ's death to John Lennon's murder. Hardly trolling.

Funny how some of the same people who bashed this guy for being a wacko while being alive are now sad over his death. What a joke. This guy was made fun of for being weird a lot. Now today it's back to "oh, greatest musician ever" because he's dead.

I'm not gonna say I hope he goes to hell b/c that's just disrespectful, but he wasn't exactly a saint, and I, somewhat, understand what Mets_bs is saying.

Don't just kiss his ass now b/c he's dead b/c if he wasn't, the majority would be saying "great musician, tremendous weirdo."

Do what?

Cause controversy. You're basically calling people out. Not the time to do it, dude.

I'm not calling out anyone. I'm just stating my opinion.

As a matter of fact, I have a new favorite Michael Jackson song, which sums up my opinion of his death & the way people are acting differently now just b/c he died. Here it is.

Someone finally told it like it is.

Do what?

As a matter of fact, I have a new favorite Michael Jackson song, which sums up my opinion of his death & the way people are acting differently now just b/c he died. Here it is.

But what you said is bullsh!t. You're in a Michael Jackson thread and telling people not to kiss his ass. How does that contribute to this thread?

Do what?

I sure am impressed.

But what you said is bullsh!t. You're in a Michael Jackson thread and telling people not to kiss his ass. How does that contribute to this thread?

Lets see...

The same media that made fun of him for years is now praising him.

93.9 is f***ing constant music of him all day, everyday, it seems. That wouldn't be happening if he weren't dead.

People are now coming out saying that he was innocent...even the dumbass kid who accused him and probably led him to his wackiness now comes out & says his dad made him do that. Great. Why didn't you do that while he was alive, kid?

If we treated the majority of people living. the way we do when people die, we'd probably be living in a much better world.

It's gonna be the same sh*t when the great baseball players from this era die.

Now they're cheaters b/c people can't stand when others have fame...when they die, they'll be considered great baseball players (b/c God forbid you say something about the dead...much better to do it when they're alive to actually drive them crazy).

It's a bunch of bulls***, and if you don't believe me, just wait till Barry Bonds dies. The same sh*t will be said. A lot of people that are against him now will be changing their opinions that day.

Lets see...

The same media that made fun of him for years is now praising him.

93.9 is f***ing constant music of him all day, everyday, it seems. That wouldn't be happening if he weren't dead.

People are now coming out saying that he was innocent...even the dumbass kid who accused him and probably led him to his wackiness now comes out & says his dad made him do that. Great. Why didn't you do that while he was alive, kid?

If we treated the majority of people living. the way we do when people die, we'd probably be living in a much better world.

It's gonna be the same sh*t when the great baseball players from this era die.

Now they're cheaters b/c people can't stand when others have fame...when they die, they'll be considered great baseball players (b/c God forbid you say something about the dead...much better to do it when they're alive to actually drive them crazy).

It's a bunch of bulls***, and if you don't believe me, just wait till Barry Bonds dies. The same sh*t will be said. A lot of people that are against him now will be changing their opinions that day.

It's not that. I know what's going on this world. But the fact that you're saying all of this annoying sh!t in this thread is stupid. You didn't even say R.I.P Michael Jackson. You just started talking sh!t.

Isn't it funny how radio stations who never really played his music are playing it now? :rolleyes:

Not a fan?

Eh, his music was alright, I guess. What does it matter?

Just wondering, no need to get aggressive. I just noticed something in the way you posted in the thread.

Isn't it funny how radio stations who never really played his music are playing it now? :rolleyes:

Not a fan?

Just wondering, no need to get aggressive. I just noticed something in the way you posted in the thread.

Nope, wasn't trying to be that way at all.

I still don't get why stations who never played his music do so now. Eh, whateva.

Not a fan?

Nope, wasn't trying to be that way at all.

I still don't get why stations who never played his music do so now. Eh, whateva.

Supply and demand, I guess. It's cool to like his stuff again, so they are playing what the people want to hear. The stations down here suck regardless, most of them barely have a format either way.

the memorial service was pretty sad... his kids were even there saying goodbye, yikes.

Found a post on the web I wholeheartedly agree with.

Now, though, the suddenness and tragedy of his death has burned away everything but the purity of his performances, from brotherly harmonies to the moonwalk of Motown 25 to the “Man in the Mirror.� As I drove home tonight, bopping along with my sons to "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough," I realized I'd never be able to truly convey to them what MJ meant. So you think you can dance? Not like Michael. American Idol? Try world idol. It was my privilege to have come of pop-cultural age in a world that had him in it. My kids will know stars and see tabloids, but it will never be the same.

Whether you're a fan of his music or not, it's doubtful we'll ever see another entertainer as big as he was.

Wow, Jackson's family reportedly does not want to show Micheal's body at the funeral.

I was wondering why they did not show his body? I mean seeing that maybe would have just been too much for some people?

Or because it is all part of the massive conspiracy that he is not dead, and will make the biggest ever comeback at some point in the future

Well thats what some people think lol

the memorial service was pretty sad... his kids were even there saying goodbye, yikes.

Found a post on the web I wholeheartedly agree with.

Now, though, the suddenness and tragedy of his death has burned away everything but the purity of his performances, from brotherly harmonies to the moonwalk of Motown 25 to the “Man in the Mirror.� As I drove home tonight, bopping along with my sons to "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough," I realized I'd never be able to truly convey to them what MJ meant. So you think you can dance? Not like Michael. American Idol? Try world idol. It was my privilege to have come of pop-cultural age in a world that had him in it. My kids will know stars and see tabloids, but it will never be the same.

Whether you're a fan of his music or not, it's doubtful we'll ever see another entertainer as big as he was.

I'm not gonna lie... I kept my cool throughout the whole thing until his little girl spoke... then I bawled like a baby.

The memorial was great, though. Not at all tacky as I thought it would be. *sigh* R.I.P. Mike.