Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

July 29 - Marlins vs. Braves

Featured Replies

Got the video from 97 of "Everybodys doing the fish" ? I remember this chick who would come out in that video and everytime she would the crowds would go nuts! LOL She was pretty darn fine! So anyone got a good copy of that video?

Didn't even post it last night game thread since I had a double header with the first game starting at 6?!?!?!

 

We ended up finishing at 10 and the game was in f***ing Boca which is a solid 40 minute drive.

 

I was watching gameday on my friends IPhone and we ended up seeing a Vid of the walkoff, Rich and Tommy are great.

 

I'm siked to go to the game tonight with J.J. Pitching and I'm praying for our offense to wake up.

 

Also, I went through last night's GT and LOL at Rab and Benched fighting over facebook pictures.

Going to the game tonight, will be (from what I'm told) right behind home plate.

 

Awww yeeehhhhh!!! :cool

Coghlan lf, Bonifacio 3b, Ramirez ss, Cantu 1b, Hermida rf, Uggla 2b, Ross cf, Baker c, Johnson rh

 

 

Seriously? Hermida? After last night?

Coghlan lf, Bonifacio 3b, Ramirez ss, Cantu 1b, Hermida rf, Uggla 2b, Ross cf, Baker c, Johnson rh

 

 

Seriously? Hermida? After last night?

 

 

 

Not surprising. We have a manager with no cojones.

I see no problem starting Hermida.

 

 

 

I see a problem in not benching him, at least 1 game, for what he did last night.

 

If Charlie Manuel can bench Jimmy Rollins for lack of hustle...If Joe Maddon can bench B.J. Upton for lack of hustle (and etc...ironically, those were the 2 teams in the WS last year...not saying that had anything to do with it, but whatever)...why can't Fredi bench Hermida for a game? Especially when the guy who hit the walkoff last night is capable of playing Hermida's position?

 

I believe in accountability.

I see no problem starting Hermida.

 

 

 

I see a problem in not benching him, at least 1 game, for what he did last night.

 

If Charlie Manuel can bench Jimmy Rollins for lack of hustle...If Joe Maddon can bench B.J. Upton for lack of hustle (and etc...ironically, those were the 2 teams in the WS last year...not saying that had anything to do with it, but whatever)...why can't Fredi bench Hermida for a game? Especially when the guy who hit the walkoff last night is capable of playing Hermida's position?

 

I believe in accountability.

 

Bingo.

Because benching a player doesn't do anything, IMO. Rollins was benched. What happened when he came back? He still sucked.

Because benching a player doesn't do anything, IMO. Rollins was benched. What happened when he came back? He still sucked.

 

 

 

I was talking about last year (Rollins was benched for not running out a pop fly). It has nothing to do with performance. It's ok if you don't hit the ball, or make an error. Slumps happen. Lack of hustle and concentration is totally different...especially in a big game. It's unacceptable.

 

And Rollins has actually been better this year since his last benching, when Manuel told him to take a series off...for what it's worth.

Because benching a player doesn't do anything, IMO. Rollins was benched. What happened when he came back? He still sucked.

 

 

 

By letting Hermida play, it shows as a manager that as Erick said, there is no accountability for your actions. You don't have to hustle out fly balls, you don't have to go all out when a ball comes your way in the field, because there is no fear of you losing your job and your starting spot the next day. As Erick said, Gload could do just as good a job today if not better than Hermida, and it would also send a message to Hermida, maybe put a fire under his ass.

Yea, my bad. I just saw his stats, and I saw he as been playing better.

IMO, benching a player improves nothing. We saw Hermida get benched last year. Nothing has changed. Benching him will not improve his hustle or concentration. He just doesn't have it. We have to learn to live with it.

Yea, my bad. I just saw his stats, and I saw he as been playing better.

IMO, benching a player improves nothing. We saw Hermida get benched last year. Nothing has changed. Benching him will not improve his hustle or concentration. He just doesn't have it. We have to learn to live with it.

 

 

 

 

 

We benched Hermida at the end of last season, and we went on that long winning streak at the end of the year. Surely improved the team.

 

EDIT: We won 12 of our last 17 games, and 3 of our last 4.

Yea, my bad. I just saw his stats, and I saw he as been playing better.

IMO, benching a player improves nothing. We saw Hermida get benched last year. Nothing has changed. Benching him will not improve his hustle or concentration. He just doesn't have it. We have to learn to live with it.

 

 

 

 

 

We benched Hermida at the end of last season, and we went on that long winning streak at the end of the year. Surely improved the team.

 

 

Benching Hermida had nothing to do with the winning streak.

Yea, my bad. I just saw his stats, and I saw he as been playing better.

IMO, benching a player improves nothing. We saw Hermida get benched last year. Nothing has changed. Benching him will not improve his hustle or concentration. He just doesn't have it. We have to learn to live with it.

 

 

 

 

 

We benched Hermida at the end of last season, and we went on that long winning streak at the end of the year. Surely improved the team.

 

 

Benching Hermida had nothing to do with the winning streak.

 

 

Benching Hermida easily could've put the thought in the players head that it could've been any of them that was benched, and was a catalyst in them playing harder to end the season.

Yea, my bad. I just saw his stats, and I saw he as been playing better.

IMO, benching a player improves nothing. We saw Hermida get benched last year. Nothing has changed. Benching him will not improve his hustle or concentration. He just doesn't have it. We have to learn to live with it.

 

 

 

 

 

We benched Hermida at the end of last season, and we went on that long winning streak at the end of the year. Surely improved the team.

 

EDIT: We won 12 of our last 17 games, and 3 of our last 4.

 

Yeah and his replacement was a guy who hit 16-32 in September. But I never understood why he started against the Mets when Johan was pitching and sat when Pelfrey was pitching.

Yea, my bad. I just saw his stats, and I saw he as been playing better.

IMO, benching a player improves nothing. We saw Hermida get benched last year. Nothing has changed. Benching him will not improve his hustle or concentration. He just doesn't have it. We have to learn to live with it.

 

 

 

 

 

We benched Hermida at the end of last season, and we went on that long winning streak at the end of the year. Surely improved the team.

 

 

Benching Hermida had nothing to do with the winning streak.

 

 

Benching Hermida easily could've put the thought in the players head that it could've been any of them that was benched, and was a catalyst in them playing harder to end the season.

 

 

LOL.

 

The reason the Marlins dominated at the end of the regular season is because our starting pitching was lights out. It had nothing to do with the fear of being benched.

Your opinion is just that, but you weren't in that dugout, you weren't in the players heads. None of us were. Baseball is as much a psychological game as it is physical, just remember that.

Your opinion is just that, but you weren't in that dugout, you weren't in the players heads. None of us were. Baseball is as much a psychological game as it is physical, just remember that.

 

So, you're allowed to say that benching Hermida did that but he's not allowed to say that's dumb because none of us actually know?

Quick question - I'm flying over to Florida tomorrow and does anyone know if I will be able to watch the Marlins on MLB.tv in Longboat Key? Surely it would be deemed to be in the Rays market and so I could watch the Fish?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.