August 2, 200917 yr Just a terrible game all around for the Marlins. I'm glad Boni came up clutch today off the bench but is there any news on Hanley? He got a bad bruise or contusion.
August 2, 200917 yr How is it that Aaron Heilman continues to own this team? It is just so irritating.
August 2, 200917 yr I do not believe words can describe how I feel right now, so... is me where did you find such a high quality pic of manny paquio in a dress shirt and tie??
August 2, 200917 yr I do not believe words can describe how I feel right now, so... is me where did you find such a high quality pic of manny paquio in a dress shirt and tie??
August 2, 200917 yr Its always amazed me that while Aaron Heilman is generally awful he is Cy Young against the Fish. Bonifacio isnt worthless for the first time since April and we blow it. Cubs probably take the series tomorrow. And yet there he is, still just one less run scored than team leader Hanley (60 and 61) and miles ahead of anyone else in that category on this team (Cody's 51 being the closest). So I guess you are saying two things here. 1.) Runs scored is worthless. 2.) You have no confidence in Ricky.
August 2, 200917 yr I had to watch on WGN... and I'm really starting to hate Len Kasper. At least Boog Sciambi still shows a little respect to his former employer. No class at all from Len. I couldn't keep track of the number of times he took shots the organization, the fans, or the team. He and his partner even had the nerve to bitch about Nunez after Koiye Hill threw out his elbow running past first. I know this is nothing new with Len, but it just gets worse and worse, especially after games like tonight So that's what happened over there. Was wondering why Leo was glaring at him. Couldn't see the elbow from my angle. Chalk that up to retaliation for Leo's own antics at times.
August 2, 200917 yr Not that it matters at this point but... why was Johnson stealing? That was just so dumb. I really didn't get that either. Against a catcher that is tossing out 40% of stealers. And they were keeping him close, for whatever reason. Trying to take 3rd on the double/throw to home was very acceptable. But the attempted steal made it look like he was trying to do too much to impress.
August 2, 200917 yr Even though we lost last night, I like the feeling the team is giving off.... does anyone agree with me that it felt abit like a playoff game
August 2, 200917 yr Not that it matters at this point but... why was Johnson stealing? That was just so dumb. Probably a missed sign. If it was then it was on his part. You do not put on a hit and run with 2 strikes and less than 3 balls on the batter at that point. Baseball 101. But maybe they do in Washington.
August 2, 200917 yr Even though we lost last night, I like the feeling the team is giving off.... does anyone agree with me that it felt abit like a playoff game Only because it was a big crowd. Despite the loss, it was a fun game to be at. Big highs and big lows for fans of both teams. I stopped by Customer Service and ordered another replacement seat. I wore out the front edge of mine again. 4 hours and 11 minutes for the game makes me glad I never was a disco fan. Left right after the fireworks. Did anyone notice the "Happy 135th Anniversary Morgyn" message on the big screen? That wasn't a typo, it's an inside joke for us. Had Billy make a delivery, too.
August 2, 200917 yr This was a game we lost, it was team effort and they deserved the outcome they got. I never say things like that but losing last night, from Cody's emotional melt-down giving away a valuable at bat to shoddy defense and a number of them not having their heads in the game (and I'm purposely not naming names because that always takes away from the bigger point) I hope it is at least a wake up call about how strong is their desire to play in October. And I hate #$%@&* Cubs fans.
August 2, 200917 yr This was a game we lost, it was team effort and they deserved the outcome they got. I never say things like that but losing last night, from Cody's emotional melt-down giving away a valuable at bat to shoddy defense and a number of them not having their heads in the game (and I'm purposely not naming names because that always takes away from the bigger point) I hope it is at least a wake up call about how strong is their desire to play in October. And I hate #$%@&* Cubs fans. Even though I'm not in Miami until the 9th and didn't attend this game, I have attended other Marlins vs. Cubs games and i completely agree with this sentiment. Some might call them passionate, I just call them f***ing annoying.
August 2, 200917 yr I wasn't at the game, but I hated the amount of cheers I heard on the TV when the Marlins made the last out. Ugh! I don't even know who to blame for this loss. Cantu and Uggla better come up big today. They both had a chance to redeem themselves after their 9th inning opportunity and didn't get on base. Yeah, Uggla could have ended it, but so could Cantu with some single anywhere. Whatever.
August 2, 200917 yr I had to watch on WGN... and I'm really starting to hate Len Kasper. At least Boog Sciambi still shows a little respect to his former employer. No class at all from Len. I couldn't keep track of the number of times he took shots the organization, the fans, or the team. He and his partner even had the nerve to bitch about Nunez after Koiye Hill threw out his elbow running past first. I know this is nothing new with Len, but it just gets worse and worse, especially after games like tonight So that's what happened over there. Was wondering why Leo was glaring at him. Couldn't see the elbow from my angle. Chalk that up to retaliation for Leo's own antics at times. I'm not a fan of Leo's emotional outburst either, but if Hill didn't like it maybe he shouldn't have gone 0-6, and let his own game do the talking, instead of resorting to cheap shots.
August 2, 200917 yr We could also balme Theguy for starting the game thread before benched. I know benched was late but I think there needs to be a rule where if the game thread starter of the night before is late we give him or her a minute or two after the game has started and if they still haven't got one up then some one else can start one.
August 2, 200917 yr We could also balme Theguy for starting the game thread before benched. I know benched was late but I think there needs to be a rule where if the game thread starter of the night before is late we give him or her a minute or two after the game has started and if they still haven't got one up then some one else can start one. What are the rules on who can start threads?
August 2, 200917 yr the worse part is that this game was so close for us to steal and we had like 5 opportunities....oh well asl ong as we win the seriesi ll forgive em
August 2, 200917 yr Its always amazed me that while Aaron Heilman is generally awful he is Cy Young against the Fish. Bonifacio isnt worthless for the first time since April and we blow it. Cubs probably take the series tomorrow. And yet there he is, still just one less run scored than team leader Hanley (60 and 61) and miles ahead of anyone else in that category on this team (Cody's 51 being the closest). So I guess you are saying two things here. 1.) Runs scored is worthless. 2.) You have no confidence in Ricky. Runs scored are a dependent stat. Although, for Bonifacio I must add that some of his runs scored are due to his amazing speed...like scoring from 1st on a single. But runs scored is better used to evaluate a team, not a player.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.