Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8/01 Post Game

Featured Replies

I blame Badenhop and Pinto.

 

Why Badenhop? We got all his runs back.

 

And if you're going to blame Pinto, blame Fredi. As I said, high leverage are by far his worst situations yet Fredi continues to use him in them. And like I said in the GDT, tonight was the first time in over a year that he threw more than one inning.

 

As far as I'm concerned, I blame Fredi, Fredi, and Fredi.

 

If Cantu was able to make that play, then Pinto would've had 2 scoreless innings. I don't see the need to blame Fredi there.

I dislike this argument. Errors are a part of the game. Average single inning relief pitchers, who usually throw to 4 batters tops in a game, should be able to get an extra out if it's needed. The fact is that Pinto has never been good pitching in ~3 run games and probably never will be. It seems like Fredi just sees a pretty ERA and says "let's use this guy" no matter what inning it is or no matter what situation it is. He did it twice tonight, with Pinto and with Nunez, who is our second worst reliever in extra innings.

  • Author

BTW, what happened to FishFan after Johnson singled in the 9th? Hmmm.....

Wow I went from being really low to crazy high then back to really low. This would have been a good game to steal. I expected a loss with hopper vs Zambrano and we had a few chances to win it and blew it. Also as usual Heilman with his nasty change up owns us. I hope the giants lose.

  • Author

Wow I went from being in the really low to crazy high then back to really low. This would have been a good game to steal. I expected a loss with hopper vs Zambrano. It we had a few chances to win a blew it. Also as usual Heilman with his nasty change up owns us. I hope the giants lose.

 

 

They won. Along with the Rockies

I blame Badenhop and Pinto.

 

Why Badenhop? We got all his runs back.

 

And if you're going to blame Pinto, blame Fredi. As I said, high leverage are by far his worst situations yet Fredi continues to use him in them. And like I said in the GDT, tonight was the first time in over a year that he threw more than one inning.

 

As far as I'm concerned, I blame Fredi, Fredi, and Fredi.

 

 

Why Badenhop? Youve got to be kidding. It hurt the team to be down 6-0 early. The fact we got all his runs back was very lucky for him that he avoided a deserving loss. If we didnt come back who would the score keeper have awarded the Cubs win to?

Terrible finish. I was hoping for Gregg to bounce a splitter in the dirt for Boner to score from third.

But I guess that was just asking for too much.

Would have been nice, after seeing him do it all those times for the Marlins.

I blame Badenhop and Pinto.

 

Why Badenhop? We got all his runs back.

 

And if you're going to blame Pinto, blame Fredi. As I said, high leverage are by far his worst situations yet Fredi continues to use him in them. And like I said in the GDT, tonight was the first time in over a year that he threw more than one inning.

 

As far as I'm concerned, I blame Fredi, Fredi, and Fredi.

 

 

Why Badenhop? Youve got to be kidding. It hurt the team to be down 6-0 early. The fact we got all his runs back was very lucky for him that he avoided a deserving loss. If we didnt come back who would the score keeper have awarded the Cubs win to?

Sure, but we did. And I have no clue what you mean by the last sentence.

Hermida came through with some hits. But struck out twice with bases loaded. And Uggla was completely horrendous. On D and at the plate.

Cantu should have done better, but he hasn't played an inning at third in forever. I still think Uggla could have caught the ball and stayed on the bag. He seemed to prematurely have come off. But I guess it's better than letting it go into RF.

down 6-0, we could have mailed it in...Cubs used 6 pitchers out of the bullpen tonight....I don't know if it will make a difference Sunday....but their bullpen should have gotten more rest tonight...

Just a really awful game. Losing after scoring 3 runs in the 9th to tie it is just really tough.

 

Someone needs to teach this team what a sac fly/productive out is. Seriously, I am sick of watching them choke with runners on.

 

Nice job by Bonifacio tonight, though. He definitely impressed me-- for the first time.

I blame Badenhop and Pinto.

 

Why Badenhop? We got all his runs back.

 

And if you're going to blame Pinto, blame Fredi. As I said, high leverage are by far his worst situations yet Fredi continues to use him in them. And like I said in the GDT, tonight was the first time in over a year that he threw more than one inning.

 

As far as I'm concerned, I blame Fredi, Fredi, and Fredi.

 

 

Why Badenhop? Youve got to be kidding. It hurt the team to be down 6-0 early. The fact we got all his runs back was very lucky for him that he avoided a deserving loss. If we didnt come back who would the score keeper have awarded the Cubs win to?

Sure, but we did. And I have no clue what you mean by the last sentence.

 

Those runs could have padded a bigger lead for us so it hurt the team and we usually dont come back like this at all. Im asking who would have been the winning Cubs pitcher if we didnt have this miracle comeback

We're in the race despite below average production from our corner outfielders, terrible production from 3B, and a 2B who only produces in irrelevant situations. And we've had one consistent starting pitcher all year. We should consider ourselves lucky that this team is only 3 games out of a wildcard berth, really.

 

Anyways, the Marlins gave this one away.

 

The Baker error cost us a run...no one is mentioning that play, but it hurts more now.

Cantu made Bonifacio look like Brooks Robinson at 3B. There's no excuse for such horrendus throws. I can understand a bad throw, but his first error of the night...that's gotta be the worst throw from a 3B on a routine play that I have ever seen.

 

Fredi once again is clueless.

Pinto is now unavailable tomorrow, for no reason. Down by 1 in the 9th sounds like a perfect situation to "ease Matt Lindstrom back into the closers role," considering that's what he wants to do. So why not do it? Instead you use Pinto for a 2nd inning when Pinto has thrown 2 innings...how many times this year? I don't get it.

 

Great job by the pen tonight. It's a shame they get a loss b/c of one bad pitch by Leo Nunez (who, btw, needs to grow up. Why the f*** did he stay looking at Koyie Hill? Maybe he wouldn't have bumped you, if you wouldn't have shown him up last night after K'ing him to end the game, retard...next time show some class, and that won't happen). Overall, the pen went 8.2 innings, allowing 1 ER. They kept us in it.

 

And props to the Marlins for battling back...at least they didn't go down without a fight.

 

Take the series tomorrow.

I blame Badenhop and Pinto.

 

Why Badenhop? We got all his runs back.

 

And if you're going to blame Pinto, blame Fredi. As I said, high leverage are by far his worst situations yet Fredi continues to use him in them. And like I said in the GDT, tonight was the first time in over a year that he threw more than one inning.

 

As far as I'm concerned, I blame Fredi, Fredi, and Fredi.

 

 

Why Badenhop? Youve got to be kidding. It hurt the team to be down 6-0 early. The fact we got all his runs back was very lucky for him that he avoided a deserving loss. If we didnt come back who would the score keeper have awarded the Cubs win to?

Guzman went the longest for the Cubs(1.2 inn.....pitched in 6th & 7th) without giving up a run....

Boxscore...

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp?gid=2009_08_01_chnmlb_flomlb_1

I blame Badenhop and Pinto.

 

Why Badenhop? We got all his runs back.

 

And if you're going to blame Pinto, blame Fredi. As I said, high leverage are by far his worst situations yet Fredi continues to use him in them. And like I said in the GDT, tonight was the first time in over a year that he threw more than one inning.

 

As far as I'm concerned, I blame Fredi, Fredi, and Fredi.

 

 

Why Badenhop? Youve got to be kidding. It hurt the team to be down 6-0 early. The fact we got all his runs back was very lucky for him that he avoided a deserving loss. If we didnt come back who would the score keeper have awarded the Cubs win to?

Sure, but we did. And I have no clue what you mean by the last sentence.

 

Those runs could have padded a bigger lead for us so it hurt the team and we usually dont come back like this at all. Im asking who would have been the winning Cubs pitcher if we didnt have this miracle comeback

 

 

Samardjiza (SP?)...I think.

Not that it matters at this point but... why was Johnson stealing? That was just so dumb.

We're in the race despite below average production from our corner outfielders, terrible production from 3B, and a 2B who only produces in irrelevant situations. And we've had one consistent starting pitcher all year. We should consider ourselves lucky that this team is only 3 games out of a wildcard berth, really.

 

Anyways, the Marlins gave this one away.

 

The Baker error cost us a run...no one is mentioning that play, but it hurts more now.

Cantu made Bonifacio look like Brooks Robinson at 3B. There's no excuse for such horrendus throws. I can understand a bad throw, but his first error of the night...that's gotta be the worst throw from a 3B on a routine play that I have ever seen.

 

Fredi once again is clueless.

Pinto is now unavailable tomorrow, for no reason. Down by 1 in the 9th sounds like a perfect situation to "ease Matt Lindstrom back into the closers role," considering that's what he wants to do. So why not do it? Instead you use Pinto for a 2nd inning when Pinto has thrown 2 innings...how many times this year? I don't get it.

 

Great job by the pen tonight. It's a shame they get a loss b/c of one bad pitch by Leo Nunez (who, btw, needs to grow up. Why the f*** did he stay looking at Koyie Hill? Maybe he wouldn't have bumped you, if you wouldn't have shown him up last night after K'ing him to end the game, retard...next time show some class, and that won't happen). Overall, the pen went 8.2 innings, allowing 1 ER. They kept us in it.

 

And props to the Marlins for battling back...at least they didn't go down without a fight.

 

Take the series tomorrow.

 

 

yes yes and yes

The whole pen was great. Except Nunez seemed to be up in the strike zone his whole inning. Should be glad that only Lee was able to capitalize.

It sucks that he did, but who actually expected to win the game after all the bulls*** that went down. The Marlins had a chance to win so many times throughout the game and couldn't come through.

We're in the race despite below average production from our corner outfielders, terrible production from 3B, and a 2B who only produces in irrelevant situations. And we've had one consistent starting pitcher all year. We should consider ourselves lucky that this team is only 3 games out of a wildcard berth, really.

 

Anyways, the Marlins gave this one away.

 

The Baker error cost us a run...no one is mentioning that play, but it hurts more now.

Cantu made Bonifacio look like Brooks Robinson at 3B. There's no excuse for such horrendus throws. I can understand a bad throw, but his first error of the night...that's gotta be the worst throw from a 3B on a routine play that I have ever seen.

 

Fredi once again is clueless.

Pinto is now unavailable tomorrow, for no reason. Down by 1 in the 9th sounds like a perfect situation to "ease Matt Lindstrom back into the closers role," considering that's what he wants to do. So why not do it? Instead you use Pinto for a 2nd inning when Pinto has thrown 2 innings...how many times this year? I don't get it.

 

Great job by the pen tonight. It's a shame they get a loss b/c of one bad pitch by Leo Nunez (who, btw, needs to grow up. Why the f*** did he stay looking at Koyie Hill? Maybe he wouldn't have bumped you, if you wouldn't have shown him up last night after K'ing him to end the game, retard...next time show some class, and that won't happen). Overall, the pen went 8.2 innings, allowing 1 ER. They kept us in it.

 

And props to the Marlins for battling back...at least they didn't go down without a fight.

 

Take the series tomorrow.

 

 

Both Johnson and Volstad have had bad starts this year which is normal. Even though Volstad has been a little less consistant he has had many great starts ( 13 quality starts and 4 other near misses) and pitched well also. Whats laughable about tonights game is Gregg blowing the save 4 hits and 3 runs and getting the win

We're in the race despite below average production from our corner outfielders, terrible production from 3B, and a 2B who only produces in irrelevant situations. And we've had one consistent starting pitcher all year. We should consider ourselves lucky that this team is only 3 games out of a wildcard berth, really.

 

Anyways, the Marlins gave this one away.

 

The Baker error cost us a run...no one is mentioning that play, but it hurts more now.

Cantu made Bonifacio look like Brooks Robinson at 3B. There's no excuse for such horrendus throws. I can understand a bad throw, but his first error of the night...that's gotta be the worst throw from a 3B on a routine play that I have ever seen.

 

Fredi once again is clueless.

Pinto is now unavailable tomorrow, for no reason. Down by 1 in the 9th sounds like a perfect situation to "ease Matt Lindstrom back into the closers role," considering that's what he wants to do. So why not do it? Instead you use Pinto for a 2nd inning when Pinto has thrown 2 innings...how many times this year? I don't get it.

 

Great job by the pen tonight. It's a shame they get a loss b/c of one bad pitch by Leo Nunez (who, btw, needs to grow up. Why the f*** did he stay looking at Koyie Hill? Maybe he wouldn't have bumped you, if you wouldn't have shown him up last night after K'ing him to end the game, retard...next time show some class, and that won't happen). Overall, the pen went 8.2 innings, allowing 1 ER. They kept us in it.

 

And props to the Marlins for battling back...at least they didn't go down without a fight.

 

Take the series tomorrow.

 

 

Both Johnson and Volstad have had bad starts this year which is normal. Even though Volstad has been a little less consistant he has had many great starts and pitched well also. Whats laughable about tonights game is Gregg blowing the save 4 hits and 3 runs and getting the win

 

 

Volstad has had 2 good months, 1 month where he was below average, and 1 month where he pitched like sh*t. I wouldn't exactly call that consistent.

Consistent is Josh Johnson...fortunately, you can make an argument that Josh Johnson has been the most consistent pitcher in baseball. (tied for the best QS % in baseball, with Grienke and Haren).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.