August 2, 200917 yr Marlins lose 8-9 f***ing Uggla. Bonifacio deserves to start at 2nd tomorrow if Hanley is ok to play. Also, this was an excellent first game from Nick Johnson. I hope to see much more of this from him. Cantu needs to work on his defense at 3B........fast.
August 2, 200917 yr Marlins lose 8-9 f***ing Uggla. Bonifacio deserves to start at 2nd tomorrow if Hanley is ok to play. agree 100% uggla is worthless
August 2, 200917 yr I'm pretty much done with Uggla. I can't remember the last time he's done something in the clutch. I'd rather see Bonifacio at second base tomorrow rather than his sad deer in headlights expression after he strikes out for the billionth time.
August 2, 200917 yr Marlins lose 8-9 f***ing Uggla. Bonifacio deserves to start at 2nd tomorrow if Hanley is ok to play. Also, this was an excellent first game from Nick Johnson. I hope to see much more of this from him. Cantu needs to work on his defense at 3B........fast. Could've shook some of the rust off last night. But of course it was more important to get Bonifacio's bat in the lineup.
August 2, 200917 yr Its always amazed me that while Aaron Heilman is generally awful he is Cy Young against the Fish. Bonifacio isnt worthless for the first time since April and we blow it. Cubs probably take the series tomorrow.
August 2, 200917 yr Author Its always amazed me that while Aaron Heilman is generally awful he is Cy Young against the Fish. Bonifacio isnt worthless for the first time since April and we blow it. Cubs probably take the series tomorrow. What makes you automatically think that?
August 2, 200917 yr Its always amazed me that while Aaron Heilman is generally awful he is Cy Young against the Fish. Bonifacio isnt worthless for the first time since April and we blow it. Cubs probably take the series tomorrow. Nolasco-Dempster?
August 2, 200917 yr Nolasco pitches tommorow we can still get 2 of 3... The key is for us to continue to get 2 of 3 in series... Glaring needs is a 5th SP we should of gotten one... We have JJ/Ricky and half of CV/RVH... I am worried...
August 2, 200917 yr Especially since Dempster is coming off bad starts in 2 of his last 3 starts. Nolasco is coming off a 7 IP 2 ER game. We have the advantage going into tomorrow.
August 2, 200917 yr we lost but this game got me real excited at times especially bonis triple...hopefully marlins baseball gets more exciting as we try to get into october
August 2, 200917 yr Doubt Hanley plays tomorrow. According to WebMD, knee contusions take at least five days to heal, perhaps longer depending on the depth. Brian Giles landed on the DL last year with the same injury.
August 2, 200917 yr Yeah, the Marlins were able to score a lot of runs without their best player for most of the game.
August 2, 200917 yr Makes me feel better to just say that Badenhop allowed 6 runs early and that's usually a loss.
August 2, 200917 yr I blame Badenhop and Pinto. Why Badenhop? We got all his runs back. And if you're going to blame Pinto, blame Fredi. As I said, high leverage are by far his worst situations yet Fredi continues to use him in them. And like I said in the GDT, tonight was the first time in over a year that he threw more than one inning. As far as I'm concerned, I blame Fredi, Fredi, and Fredi.
August 2, 200917 yr i am really really ticked at dan uggla. This guy is utterly worthless when anything matters. .202 avg with RISP this year and his bases loaded at bat was unacceptable
August 2, 200917 yr Think of the positives... we just barely lost this one in extras... we could have easily lost this one 8-0 or worse judging by the way it started
August 2, 200917 yr I had to watch on WGN... and I'm really starting to hate Len Kasper. At least Boog Sciambi still shows a little respect to his former employer. No class at all from Len. I couldn't keep track of the number of times he took shots the organization, the fans, or the team. He and his partner even had the nerve to bitch about Nunez after Koiye Hill threw out his elbow running past first. I know this is nothing new with Len, but it just gets worse and worse, especially after games like tonight
August 2, 200917 yr I am sick of Uggla. He K's at every key moment.. But at least we fought back from 6-0...
August 2, 200917 yr I blame Badenhop and Pinto. i blame uggla and cantu and mainly ugglas horrid at bat in the 8th. they combined to go 0-8 and were dreadful when it mattered
August 2, 200917 yr let's all cheer the Nick Johnson pickup though. 2-3, 2 walks and a HBP. On base 5 times tonight. Now if Cantu can just settle in at 3rd...
August 2, 200917 yr Author I blame Badenhop and Pinto. Why Badenhop? We got all his runs back. And if you're going to blame Pinto, blame Fredi. As I said, high leverage are by far his worst situations yet Fredi continues to use him in them. And like I said in the GDT, tonight was the first time in over a year that he threw more than one inning. As far as I'm concerned, I blame Fredi, Fredi, and Fredi. If Cantu was able to make that play, then Pinto would've had 2 scoreless innings. I don't see the need to blame Fredi there.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.