Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8/23 f***ing Post Game

Featured Replies

at the very least send him down.

 

 

B/c he had a bad game?

Lets send Kiko down too, then. Funny how no one mentions him today?

 

 

no, ecause he is a detriment to the bullpen. noone who walks that many people should be in the majors. whip is a more important stat for rp then era imo.

 

Ok, fine. That's a fair opinion.

In this case, if you want to send down Pinto...you have to send down Lindstrom, as well. No?

 

no, lindstrom was pitching injured and since he has come back he has been pretty good. more importantly, he hasnt walked a batter since he has come back from the dl

 

Lindstrom's 1.69 WHIP > Pinto's 1.51 WHIP.

Gotcha.

 

Basically, Pinto and Hermida continue to get undeserved hate on this board.

I blame Pinto. He could be so good if he could ever find the strike zone.

 

 

 

I remember getting laughed at on this board last season when I constantly mentioned that Fredi has a tendency to overuse Pinto throughout a season. He did it last season and led to poor play down the stretch by him. This year he did the same, led to him going on the DL, and now that he is back he is overusing him once again. I don't get it, he showed that he was wild throughout the inning, at some point you have to bring in somebody to stop the bleeding. He showed he had no control, Lindstrom probably could've had better control in that situation (yeah CRAZY!).

 

I just wish Fredi would manage our bullpen better. I have been defending Fredi alot, but when it comes to Pinto I'm usually dumbfounded by how he manages him. It doesn't help that we don't have a lefty pitcher who specializes in getting lefties out. THANKS FOR NOT RESIGNING RHODES!

Who'd you get laughed at by because the entire board has been saying this forever and he's been disliked by basically everyone since 2007 (if not 2006).

 

 

I remember clearly that when I first joined this board in March 08, and I mentioned around June-July how Fredi was using Pinto way too much and it would cost us later on, I was told "oh you just have a grudge against Fredi" and "Fredi has done a good job with the low payroll he has". I've said he has managed the bullpen poorly for a year, seems people are starting to get the hint.

Its all Hermida's fault. The man is being down the whole team.

 

 

 

Hoping this is sarcasm.

 

 

It isn't.

 

 

It is. (to show your stupidity in the gamethread, saying that he lost this game)

 

 

Where did I say he lost the game?

 

Helped lose does not equal lost. I suggest that you go back to High School and take some reading comprehension classes.

 

And he helped lose the game b/c he couldn't throw out Matt Diaz on a sac fly? This is f***ing stupid.

I blame Pinto. He could be so good if he could ever find the strike zone.

 

 

 

I remember getting laughed at on this board last season when I constantly mentioned that Fredi has a tendency to overuse Pinto throughout a season. He did it last season and led to poor play down the stretch by him. This year he did the same, led to him going on the DL, and now that he is back he is overusing him once again. I don't get it, he showed that he was wild throughout the inning, at some point you have to bring in somebody to stop the bleeding. He showed he had no control, Lindstrom probably could've had better control in that situation (yeah CRAZY!).

 

I just wish Fredi would manage our bullpen better. I have been defending Fredi alot, but when it comes to Pinto I'm usually dumbfounded by how he manages him. It doesn't help that we don't have a lefty pitcher who specializes in getting lefties out. THANKS FOR NOT RESIGNING RHODES!

Who'd you get laughed at by because the entire board has been saying this forever and he's been disliked by basically everyone since 2007 (if not 2006).

 

 

I remember clearly that when I first joined this board in March 08, and I mentioned around June-July how Fredi was using Pinto way too much and it would cost us later on, I was told "oh you just have a grudge against Fredi" and "Fredi has done a good job with the low payroll he has". I've said he has managed the bullpen poorly for a year, seems people are starting to get the hint.

 

 

I also remember you criticizing me earlier in the year for criticizing Fredi's bullpen management. Hmmmm...............

May I ask to those who are outing Hermida right now, what exactly did he do in TODAY'S GAME, that made us lose today? Cause I honestly don't see what it is. He made a catch that he almost lost BECAUSE OF THE SUN. Is that it?

I was definently being sarcastic about hermida. I'm far from a fan of his but he's not as bad as a lot of people make him out to be.

I blame Pinto. He could be so good if he could ever find the strike zone.

 

 

 

I remember getting laughed at on this board last season when I constantly mentioned that Fredi has a tendency to overuse Pinto throughout a season. He did it last season and led to poor play down the stretch by him. This year he did the same, led to him going on the DL, and now that he is back he is overusing him once again. I don't get it, he showed that he was wild throughout the inning, at some point you have to bring in somebody to stop the bleeding. He showed he had no control, Lindstrom probably could've had better control in that situation (yeah CRAZY!).

 

I just wish Fredi would manage our bullpen better. I have been defending Fredi alot, but when it comes to Pinto I'm usually dumbfounded by how he manages him. It doesn't help that we don't have a lefty pitcher who specializes in getting lefties out. THANKS FOR NOT RESIGNING RHODES!

Who'd you get laughed at by because the entire board has been saying this forever and he's been disliked by basically everyone since 2007 (if not 2006).

 

 

I remember clearly that when I first joined this board in March 08, and I mentioned around June-July how Fredi was using Pinto way too much and it would cost us later on, I was told "oh you just have a grudge against Fredi" and "Fredi has done a good job with the low payroll he has". I've said he has managed the bullpen poorly for a year, seems people are starting to get the hint.

 

 

I also remember you criticizing me earlier in the year for criticizing Fredi's bullpen management. Hmmmm...............

 

I was arguing more that you guys were over the top with how you criticized him rather than how he managed the bullpen. You made it seem like he was costing us games when he wasn't.

Fredi didn't go by the #'s, managing the bullpen (as usual).

 

Anyways, bottom line is our SP continues to be inconsistent. We're going nowhere with this type of SP. That simple.

 

 

Preaching to the chorus. This is what I have kept saying for weeks. JJ can't lay an egg this late in the playoff push. You can't count on Ricky. I'm beginning to think he might be just an middle of the rotation guy and not an ace. He just way to inconsistent. I'm interested to see what the FO does with him next year.

I was arguing more that you guys were over the top with how you criticized him rather than how he managed the bullpen. You made it seem like he was costing us games when he wasn't.

 

 

Using Luis Ayala in a tied game in the 8th inning in Washington with lefties coming up, is pretty much losing the game.

Walking Jayson Werth to face Paul Bako is flat out retarded.

 

What other times did I "go over the top?"

I was arguing more that you guys were over the top with how you criticized him rather than how he managed the bullpen. You made it seem like he was costing us games when he wasn't.

 

 

Using Luis Ayala in a tied game in the 8th inning in Washington with lefties coming up, is pretty much losing the game.

Walking Jayson Werth to face Paul Bako is flat out retarded.

 

What other times did I "go over the top?"

 

You mean walking Bako to face Werth.

at the very least send him down.

 

 

B/c he had a bad game?

Lets send Kiko down too, then. Funny how no one mentions him today?

 

 

no, ecause he is a detriment to the bullpen. noone who walks that many people should be in the majors. whip is a more important stat for rp then era imo.

 

Ok, fine. That's a fair opinion.

In this case, if you want to send down Pinto...you have to send down Lindstrom, as well. No?

 

no, lindstrom was pitching injured and since he has come back he has been pretty good. more importantly, he hasnt walked a batter since he has come back from the dl

 

Lindstrom's 1.69 WHIP > Pinto's 1.51 WHIP.

Gotcha.

 

Basically, Pinto and Hermida continue to get undeserved hate on this board.

 

uhhh, no. lindstrom was apparently pitching injured and has proven in the past that he can pitch consistently without it being a must to give up multiple walks during every outing.

I was arguing more that you guys were over the top with how you criticized him rather than how he managed the bullpen. You made it seem like he was costing us games when he wasn't.

 

 

Using Luis Ayala in a tied game in the 8th inning in Washington with lefties coming up, is pretty much losing the game.

Walking Jayson Werth to face Paul Bako is flat out retarded.

 

What other times did I "go over the top?"

 

You mean walking Bako to face Werth.

 

 

Yeah, my bad.

I blame Pinto. He could be so good if he could ever find the strike zone.

 

 

 

I remember getting laughed at on this board last season when I constantly mentioned that Fredi has a tendency to overuse Pinto throughout a season. He did it last season and led to poor play down the stretch by him. This year he did the same, led to him going on the DL, and now that he is back he is overusing him once again. I don't get it, he showed that he was wild throughout the inning, at some point you have to bring in somebody to stop the bleeding. He showed he had no control, Lindstrom probably could've had better control in that situation (yeah CRAZY!).

 

I just wish Fredi would manage our bullpen better. I have been defending Fredi alot, but when it comes to Pinto I'm usually dumbfounded by how he manages him. It doesn't help that we don't have a lefty pitcher who specializes in getting lefties out. THANKS FOR NOT RESIGNING RHODES!

Who'd you get laughed at by because the entire board has been saying this forever and he's been disliked by basically everyone since 2007 (if not 2006).

 

 

I remember clearly that when I first joined this board in March 08, and I mentioned around June-July how Fredi was using Pinto way too much and it would cost us later on, I was told "oh you just have a grudge against Fredi" and "Fredi has done a good job with the low payroll he has". I've said he has managed the bullpen poorly for a year, seems people are starting to get the hint.

Come on, by the ASB many of us were already joking that Pinto was going to be a righty to end the season because of the loss of his recently exploded left arm. EVERYONE thought he was being used too much.

Rockies are now leading

 

 

 

doesnt really matter, we arent making the playoffs anyway. we cant consistently do anything, and the other teams are just flat out better

I was arguing more that you guys were over the top with how you criticized him rather than how he managed the bullpen. You made it seem like he was costing us games when he wasn't.

 

 

Using Luis Ayala in a tied game in the 8th inning in Washington with lefties coming up, is pretty much losing the game.

Walking Jayson Werth to face Paul Bako is flat out retarded.

 

What other times did I "go over the top?"

 

 

You know you criticize Fredi to no end every time he makes a bullpen decision in the game threads, don't try to hide from that. And it seems after every time it works you shrug it off as "oh, he got lucky". Sometimes managers have better instincts than people watching the game and looking at stats, just saying.

uhhh, no. lindstrom was apparently pitching injured and has proven in the past that he can pitch consistently without it being a must to give up multiple walks during every outing.

 

 

Pinto has been better than Lindstrom.

 

Lindstrom was pitching hurt like Gregg was pitching hurt last year. I call BS.

Also...you must be forgetting some of the past. Lindstrom was sent down to the minors last year for being horrible...remember?

 

At least Pinto doesn't get his tits ripped in the process after giving up the walks. Lindstrom does.

I was arguing more that you guys were over the top with how you criticized him rather than how he managed the bullpen. You made it seem like he was costing us games when he wasn't.

 

 

Using Luis Ayala in a tied game in the 8th inning in Washington with lefties coming up, is pretty much losing the game.

Walking Jayson Werth to face Paul Bako is flat out retarded.

 

What other times did I "go over the top?"

 

 

You know you criticize Fredi to no end every time he makes a bullpen decision in the game threads, don't try to hide from that. And it seems after every time it works you shrug it off as "oh, he got lucky". Sometimes managers have better instincts than people watching the game and looking at stats, just saying.

 

I don't give a manager credit for the result, sorry.

You, apparently, do. Let me guess if Fredi uses Pinto today, and Pinto throws a scoreless inning, it's a good move for Fredi? (to you)

I think if Pinto pitches a scoreless inning then Fredi is still overusing Pinto, but if it works I'm all happy about it and willing to give the manager credit. I don't hold grudges over certain moves, if they work out and help the Marlins the W I am willing to give credit where credit is due.

uhhh, no. lindstrom was apparently pitching injured and has proven in the past that he can pitch consistently without it being a must to give up multiple walks during every outing.

 

 

Pinto has been better than Lindstrom.

 

Lindstrom was pitching hurt like Gregg was pitching hurt last year. I call BS.

Also...you must be forgetting some of the past. Lindstrom was sent down to the minors last year for being horrible...remember?

 

At least Pinto doesn't get his tits ripped in the process after giving up the walks. Lindstrom does.

how do you call it bs? what does that mean? wtf does your opinion on whether his injury is bs have on whether it actually is. guys just dont sit out 6 weeks because they are ineffective.

 

and lindstrom came back up much better last year, something we should do with pinto

Fredi taxes the pen way too much.

and sometimes it really is his fault.

but you got to remember guys, we dont exactly have our starters going 6-7 innings every game.

Ricky didnt make it to the 5th today.

 

so that adds on even more times that fredi goes to the pen

I think if Pinto pitches a scoreless inning then Fredi is still overusing Pinto, but if it works I'm all happy about it and willing to give the manager credit. I don't hold grudges over certain moves, if they work out and help the Marlins the W I am willing to give credit where credit is due.

 

 

 

 

 

Why? The #'s heading into the game are still the same.

Basically, that's just giving credit for the result. At the end of the day, regardless of the result, he didn't exactly put his players in their best position to succeed.

 

I call that luck.

how do you call it bs? what does that mean? wtf does your opinion on whether his injury is bs have on whether it actually is. guys just dont sit out 6 weeks because they are ineffective.

 

and lindstrom came back up much better last year, something we should do with pinto

 

 

Kevin Gregg did it last year. Let me guess you thought he was faking, but that Lindstrom's injury was real, right? A lot of people did. I mean, after all, Lindstrom's more of a board favorite, while everyone hated Gregg.

 

Pinto has pitched in 13 games this month (can you say overused?), and he's allowed runs in 3 of them (1 of those games, he had to go 2 innings, and the 2 runs were unearned).

 

DFA him.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.