Next season, the Marlins could be playing in...

To me, and I think most people, it will always be Joe Robbie Stadium.

Just trivia.....I saved my tickets that still named the place Joe Robbie while the name changed to whatever that underware company was. The very first game of the name change. Thought they may be worth something one day. But with all the name changes they may just be worth kindling.

they may be worth something one day

Entirely possible. There are a lot of collectors of esoterica of all kinds. Put 'em on eBay in 20 years, probably a $100 item (today's dollars) to someone.

As for the naming of the football stadium we play in, the initial response of "Who cares" was exactly right. Anything is better than Land Shark, not that it matters.

Just trivia.....I saved my tickets that still named the place Joe Robbie while the name changed to whatever that underware company was. The very first game of the name change. Thought they may be worth something one day. But with all the name changes they may just be worth kindling.

I usually call it that too, but it really doesn't matter what they call it as long as in a little over two years it will be forever known as the stadium the Marlins used to play in

I usually call it that too, but it really doesn't matter what they call it as long as in a little over two years it will be forever known as the stadium the Marlins used to play in

Can't wait for that!

I'd be more worried about the fact that it's not a sure thing we'll be playing there at all.

Huh?? You mean in 2011? There is no way that the stadium doesn't extend the Marlins lease 1 extra year. They make money having the Marlins there and MLB won't allow the Marlins to be homeless for a season.

As for the name, Sun Life Stadium actually is a pretty good name for the stadium. Plus it will be interesting to see the terms of the deal. It could set the naming-rights market for the Marlins stadium.

I'd be more worried about the fact that it's not a sure thing we'll be playing there at all.

Huh?? You mean in 2011? There is no way that the stadium doesn't extend the Marlins lease 1 extra year. They make money having the Marlins there and MLB won't allow the Marlins to be homeless for a season.

As for the name, Sun Life Stadium actually is a pretty good name for the stadium. Plus it will be interesting to see the terms of the deal. It could set the naming-rights market for the Marlins stadium.

There's still that chance.

That's how insignificant I think the name of the stadium is.