4/7 Post Game

gizmo

Someone take that win from Nuñez and give it to Nolasco (and then slap Leo).

Least deserved win by a bullpen pitcher in Marlin history? (or does Matt Perisho compete for this title?)

Excellent 10th inning of baseball, excellent 1st through 6th innings of baseball as well.

Baseball just not fair sometimes.

Great 10th inning though, really showed some heart. Proud of the guys to get the W.

Great night for the offense and Ricky, Timmy gets a big moment too... but damn that middle relief. That worries me. The other concern is some of the sloppiness on defense but I feel like we can improve that every day, the bullpen still gives me cause for longterm concern though.

I had to switch off in the top of the 9th after Cantu struck out. I was just so convinced this was going to end badly.

I'm glad to see the Marlins managed to come through and pull this one out of the bag. I voted Tim Wood because I saw every other member of the bullpen and well... they sucked.

There's so much I could say about this game about what was annoying, but these 7th and 8th innings say it all:

Nolasco: Walk - Walk - Groundout (men on 1st and 3rd) - Sacrifice Fly (run scored) - 2 out.

Pinto: Single - Hit by Pitch - Walk

Veras: Wild pitch/passed ball/whatever (runner thrown out at home) on 1st pitch.

So you think the 7th inning is over and we got lucky. Time to calm down cos it'll be easier in the 8th:

Veras: Single - Single - Groundout (man out at 2nd, but throwing error allows man on 1st to move to 2nd) - Walk - Walk - Flyout (Coghlan really mis-throws and we got lucky)

Nunez: Walk (bases loaded) - Balk (run scores) - Groundout

So, in case anybody was unsure, that's a detailed explanation of how NOT to get your team from your starter to your closer, who then decides to join in with the fun of blowing the lead.

There needs to be both a POTG and an Asshole of the Game poll so I can vote for both Wood and Fredi.

As frustrating as Fredi can be... at what point do we say that Pinto, Veras, and Nunez are at fault for all three not getting the job done? I mean, they are major league pitchers. If Tony LaRussa's bullpen blows a game, I dont think Cardinal fans all want Tony's head.

There needs to be both a POTG and an Asshole of the Game poll so I can vote for both Wood and Fredi.

As frustrating as Fredi can be... at what point do we say that Pinto, Veras, and Nunez are at fault for all three not getting the job done? I mean, they are major league pitchers. If Tony LaRussa's bullpen blows a game, I dont think Cardinal fans all want Tony's head.

The players need to be blamed but they are literally the 3 worst guys we have in the pen when it comes to control. To bring those guys in with Runners at 1st and 3rd, Bases Loaded, and Bases Loaded is just the wrongest thing you can do.

I would have had absolutely no beef with Fredi if he brought in Veras to set up the 8th, bases empty and he sucked. I wouldn't have had a problem with him bringing in Pinto bases empty and he sucked. Same with Leo. However, when you go to the first, second and third worst control pitchers in your pen with the bases loaded (twice) and guys on first and second, you're a moron.

As I've said, this kind of sh*t BP management has been going on since the day he got here and I'm downright sick and tired of it. So is my wall and my fist.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.