4/27 Game, no TV again?

Why? Why the Rays again instead of the fish. That's 4 games in the last two weeks. I get that Sun has the heat but why do they then move the Rays to FSFlorida. Tonight I'll have two options to watch the Heat, two to watch the Rays(mlb.tv) and 0 to watch the Marlins again!

Why? Why the Rays again instead of the fish. That's 4 games in the last two weeks. I get that Sun has the heat but why do they then move the Rays to FSFlorida. Tonight I'll have two options to watch the Heat, two to watch the Rays(mlb.tv) and 0 to watch the Marlins again!

I take it you're not a "Lost" fan...lol.

Think of it this way, the more games not broadcast now means less games not broadcast when they really count (yeah, yeah, please no one be such a literalist you have this overwhelming need to explain to me "they all count"). The contract calls for 150 games, we're getting 150 games (and this year there's some plus plus games as well). The big problem is Dave Van Boring is the only alternative, unless you want to count actually going to a game... *edit* :brigginbounce

I've never been in a situation to test the theory out, but I can't picture MLB TV allowing SoFla people to watch the game. Based on the way I've seen them run things, I don't think they take much consideration to all of the weird scheduling things that all of the local stations do.

I think they just have a basic blackout policy and stick to it.

This B.S.!! Why do the Rays get priority over the Marlins?

They could have easily kept the marlins on FSN... Oh well, there's nothing we can do about it!!

Do you live in Florida ? You should know that answer if you do.

I do live in Florida! I hope your not refering to there being larger fan base for the rays.... just because Marlins fans dont go to games, I can assure you TV ratings wise Marlins have must have a high percentage.

Is it on MLB tv?

yes but you need be out south fl area because of blackout

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the game is not on local tv it won't be blacked out.

You're wrong, I wish.

I could have sworn I watched a game that wasn't on TV last year using MLB.TV.

I take it you're not a "Lost" fan...lol.

Think of it this way, the more games not broadcast now means less games not broadcast when they really count (yeah, yeah, please no one be such a literalist you have this overwhelming need to explain to me "they all count"). The contract calls for 150 games, we're getting 150 games (and this year there's some plus plus games as well). The big problem is Dave Van Boring is the only alternative, unless you want to count actually going to a game... *edit*

Unfortunately, Lost is a Re-run tonight! A great re-run (the Richard-centric Ab Aeterno), but a re-run none-the-less.

If I have extra innings can I watch the game through the game through the Padres broadcasters or I'm just not getting it at all?

I'm looking into this now. It appears Extra Innings is not carrying it. That kind of sucks.

The Padres are carrying this game locally. I wonder why Extra Innings isn't picking it up.

I rather there be no TV now then while we're in a playoff run, in mid september. Luckily the Heat are playing tonight

The way this team has played in September from 2004 on, usually it would be a blessing to not have to watch their meltdown. I'd rather watch now while I'm still excited about possibility.

Just so that you'll be prepared.....there will be no TV on:

June 12 at Tampa Bay

June 26 vs San Diego

Sept 11 at Nats

Oct 2 vs Pirates

One of the games against the Mets in June was not going to be on TV, but now that they moved the series to Puerto Rico, I don't know what the deal is.

June 12 at Tampa Bay

June 26 vs San Diego

Sept 11 at Nats

Oct 2 vs Pirates

One of the games against the Mets in June was not going to be on TV, but now that they moved the series to Puerto Rico, I don't know what the deal is.

Is that the 2nd last game of the regular season? Kinda suprised because if the playoff race is extremely tight then I would of thought they would show that. Alternatively, I guess maybe they hope that as a result of no tv, if it is a crucial match then more fans will go to the stadium

I rather there be no TV now then while we're in a playoff run, in mid september. Luckily the Heat are playing tonight

The way this team has played in September from 2004 on, usually it would be a blessing to not have to watch their meltdown. I'd rather watch now while I'm still excited about possibility.

Of course not counting the fact that in the last two seasons we have a .618 Win/Loss (34-21) in September-October.

June 12 at Tampa Bay

June 26 vs San Diego

Sept 11 at Nats

Oct 2 vs Pirates

ESPN2 has picked up that game in PR

June 12 at Tampa Bay

June 26 vs San Diego

Sept 11 at Nats

Oct 2 vs Pirates

The Tampa Bay game WILL be on TV, but the (bleck) Rays crew will be calling it.