Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hey everybody! You can still buy tickets...

Featured Replies

Looking at attendance records in wikipedia, we had more people at the Halladay PG (seperatly) than at A's Dallas Bradens PG and Sox's Burhle PG.... Can the Marlins print me tickets to those two games as well since I only went to the one this past Saturday??? Also, since the printers will be on I would like a ticket to Sandy Koufax's PG ...

 

 

Either way, I'll try to pick up a pair of fishtank seats...

 

I'll take one from Don Larsen's PG in the playoffs.

 

 

If you buy these tickets you get the whole ticket instead of just the stub right? More money out of Rabbethan's pocket. Or would just the stub be more valuable because it signifies you were actually at the game?

 

 

 

If 35,000 is a sellout, and 10,000 people were at the game, wouldn't that mean 25,000 are available. And how can you sell an unlimited number of tickets?

Wait... this is real?!? How stupid is this? If I wasn't there, I wouldnt wanna lie to people and buy a ticket just to say I was... how disprespectful is this to the Marlins and Halladay. It was a huge moment, don't taint it by selling whats essentially fake tickets just for a profit.

 

 

 

I think it's smart business.

 

Same.

 

Make that 3. Ask around how many people were at the playoff or WS games. Or either of the no-no's that were pitched here. Probably comes out to around 250K for each game by now. Selling unused tickets won't make any difference. Heck, I'll sell my 2 right now. And they are the special printed ones for season ticket holders. Let the bidding begin.

Looking at attendance records in wikipedia, we had more people at the Halladay PG (seperatly) than at A's Dallas Bradens PG and Sox's Burhle PG.... Can the Marlins print me tickets to those two games as well since I only went to the one this past Saturday??? Also, since the printers will be on I would like a ticket to Sandy Koufax's PG ...

 

 

Either way, I'll try to pick up a pair of fishtank seats...

 

I'll take one from Don Larsen's PG in the playoffs.

 

 

If you buy these tickets you get the whole ticket instead of just the stub right? More money out of Rabbethan's pocket. Or would just the stub be more valuable because it signifies you were actually at the game?

 

 

 

If 35,000 is a sellout, and 10,000 people were at the game, wouldn't that mean 25,000 are available. And how can you sell an unlimited number of tickets?

 

Been quite some time since you have been to a game??

 

And you have the numbers backwards. 25K tickets were sold for the game.

http://sports.espn.g...http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5236340

 

I still find it funny that ESPN continues to always make shots at the teams attendance. Fun fact, we aren't last in attendance in the majors this year, try and lay off the "nobody shows up to games" thing. kthnxbye.

 

 

That's a fun fact? Wow, talk about using stats to try and make things sound good. Isn't Pitt the ONLY team with worse attendance numbers than us?

 

Fun fact...We aren't last in the majors in turning double plays!!!! There are two teams that have pulled off less. Yeah us!!!

Looking at attendance records in wikipedia, we had more people at the Halladay PG (seperatly) than at A's Dallas Bradens PG and Sox's Burhle PG.... Can the Marlins print me tickets to those two games as well since I only went to the one this past Saturday??? Also, since the printers will be on I would like a ticket to Sandy Koufax's PG ...

 

 

Either way, I'll try to pick up a pair of fishtank seats...

 

I'll take one from Don Larsen's PG in the playoffs.

 

 

If you buy these tickets you get the whole ticket instead of just the stub right? More money out of Rabbethan's pocket. Or would just the stub be more valuable because it signifies you were actually at the game?

 

 

 

If 35,000 is a sellout, and 10,000 people were at the game, wouldn't that mean 25,000 are available. And how can you sell an unlimited number of tickets?

 

Been quite some time since you have been to a game??

 

And you have the numbers backwards. 25K tickets were sold for the game.

Oh yeah, 10,000 was for the Milwaukee game. How'd I do that? So then 35k being a (official) sellout and 10,000 posthumous tickets available?

 

BTW What is the proper word? Posthumous isn't quite right I don't think.

I'm trying to find an similar analogy that has nothing to do with baseball... and the best I can come up with is...

 

Did they try selling tickets to the Titanic the week after it sank?

 

LMAO... you get my point though right? RIGHT?!?! :blink:

Don't blame the owners, it is the nuts who buy them, they know people out there will buy that is why there are going to sell them, what they should do is encourage fans to go to games, i would not pay a penny for one of them.

I'm off the soapbox and done ranting... Just bought 4 in outfield terrace, sec 135 row 1, seat 1-4... Not hypocritical right?

My plan is getting the unsold sold tixs auto'ed by all marlins that had at least one at bat that game, my season ticket stub by Halladay. Would make nice display piece! BTW the unsold tix came out to a bit over $100 in total, they're selling all seats by section so if you want one and want it cheap, buy it now... Fish tank was not available

all I can say is wow.... :banghead

 

from twitter:

 

clarkspencer #Marlins prez David Samson said they'll keep printing Halladay tix -- perhaps up to stadium capacity of 65,000 -- if demand is there. 10 minutes ago from web

all I can say is wow.... :banghead

 

from twitter:

 

clarkspencer #Marlins prez David Samson said they'll keep printing Halladay tix -- perhaps up to stadium capacity of 65,000 -- if demand is there. 10 minutes ago from web

Robert Mugabe approves.

Last post in this subject: INTERESTING FACT, unsold tickets sold after the game ended will show TRUE DATE PRINTED on lower left corner.... Nice footnote on all tickets to let everyone know the ticket was purchased postmortem...

Last post in this subject: INTERESTING FACT, unsold tickets sold after the game ended will show TRUE DATE PRINTED on lower left corner.... Nice footnote on all tickets to let everyone know the ticket was purchased postmortem...

 

Well, that should make things interesting.

money is money I guess. I guess it was classy move to give Halladay the pitching rubber, but I'd personally like it if the organization would just forget about the whole thing, not celebrate it.

Looking at attendance records in wikipedia, we had more people at the Halladay PG (seperatly) than at A's Dallas Bradens PG and Sox's Burhle PG.... Can the Marlins print me tickets to those two games as well since I only went to the one this past Saturday??? Also, since the printers will be on I would like a ticket to Sandy Koufax's PG ...

 

 

Either way, I'll try to pick up a pair of fishtank seats...

 

I'll take one from Don Larsen's PG in the playoffs.

 

 

If you buy these tickets you get the whole ticket instead of just the stub right? More money out of Rabbethan's pocket. Or would just the stub be more valuable because it signifies you were actually at the game?

 

 

 

If 35,000 is a sellout, and 10,000 people were at the game, wouldn't that mean 25,000 are available. And how can you sell an unlimited number of tickets?

 

Been quite some time since you have been to a game??

 

And you have the numbers backwards. 25K tickets were sold for the game.

Oh yeah, 10,000 was for the Milwaukee game. How'd I do that? So then 35k being a (official) sellout and 10,000 posthumous tickets available?

 

BTW What is the proper word? Posthumous isn't quite right I don't think.

 

LOL Don't lnow the word you are looking for, but that one works.

money is money I guess. I guess it was classy move to give Halladay the pitching rubber, but I'd personally like it if the organization would just forget about the whole thing, not celebrate it.

 

 

 

I don't think it's celebrating it. It's called commercialism. The American way.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.