May 31, 201016 yr http://sports.espn.g...http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5236340 I still find it funny that ESPN continues to always make shots at the teams attendance. Fun fact, we aren't last in attendance in the majors this year, try and lay off the "nobody shows up to games" thing. kthnxbye.
May 31, 201016 yr Well, it wasn't ESPN, it was AP. Also, f*** the Marlins for selling those tickets man, only those of us who were there that night should have them.
May 31, 201016 yr Wait... this is real?!? How stupid is this? If I wasn't there, I wouldnt wanna lie to people and buy a ticket just to say I was... how disprespectful is this to the Marlins and Halladay. It was a huge moment, don't taint it by selling whats essentially fake tickets just for a profit.
May 31, 201016 yr Wait... this is real?!? How stupid is this? If I wasn't there, I wouldnt wanna lie to people and buy a ticket just to say I was... how disprespectful is this to the Marlins and Halladay. It was a huge moment, don't taint it by selling whats essentially fake tickets just for a profit. I think it's smart business.
June 1, 201016 yr Smart business... but its bordering on unethical... It violates the magic of actually being at the game. They can make some commerative type of plaque, or poster or something to honor it. But this is just giving people the chance to lie. Its upsetting
June 1, 201016 yr At face value lol... how retarded. When everyone is looking back at memoribilia nobody will care if you sat in a $90 seat or a $8 seat.
June 1, 201016 yr This is a sad joke... Beinfest and Loria are out of their Minds!!! Hope Halladay and Selig come out and PUBLICLY bash them for cheaping the game(understanding that neither can do anything about it)... Admin and Jeff have found a new low.... This is so greedy and especially after MLB already called them out on not spending the profit sharing money they receive...
June 1, 201016 yr Smart business??? How about the Marlins stamp a couple of balls with Cobb and Ruths autographs and sell them as authentic ad well... Cross the line??? They can't see the line from where they are currenty standing... Very sad.... Who ever approved this decision should be banned from baseball can't see how anyone can justify this with any type of logic or good intension??
June 1, 201016 yr This is a sad joke... Beinfest and Loria are out of their Minds!!! Hope Halladay and Selig come out and PUBLICLY bash them for cheaping the game(understanding that neither can do anything about it)... Admin and Jeff have found a new low.... This is so greedy and especially after MLB already called them out on not spending the profit sharing money they receive... Beinfest has a whole lot of nothing to do with this.
June 1, 201016 yr Smart business??? How about the Marlins stamp a couple of balls with Cobb and Ruths autographs and sell them as authentic ad well... Cross the line??? They can't see the line from where they are currenty standing... Very sad.... Who ever approved this decision should be banned from baseball can't see how anyone can justify this with any type of logic or good intension?? Perhaps if people came to the stadium, the Marlins wouldn't even think about such a thing. It's not a big deal. Loria sees an opportunity to get something out of this, and as a businessman, he's doing his job.
June 1, 201016 yr This is a sad joke... Beinfest and Loria are out of their Minds!!! Hope Halladay and Selig come out and PUBLICLY bash them for cheaping the game(understanding that neither can do anything about it)... Admin and Jeff have found a new low.... This is so greedy and especially after MLB already called them out on not spending the profit sharing money they receive... Beinfest has a whole lot of nothing to do with this. either Beinfest or Hill should have the veto power over a decision like this... maybe I should have included Hill's name in orginal post... Do you at least agree that this is a bad idea? If Loria wants more money, sell the clay from the infield or grass patches... I would have bought some.. They could remove the grass after the brewers series is over... then again, the Dolphins own the stadium so Loria can't sell something he doesn't own..
June 1, 201016 yr I don't think it's so much "pretending to be there" as it is a collectors thing. Some people are into collecting rare baseball items and a ticket to the 20th perfect game in history is one of those.
June 1, 201016 yr ^Exactly, like Erick said, people are willing to pay for it so it's good business. I'm sure 99% of the people at the game took some kind of picture/video, they have their proof they were there.
June 1, 201016 yr I agree with what Gizmo said, although I'm sure that's not Loria's motivation. I don't think too many people are gonna buy a ticket just to lie about being there. What would be the motivation that would make it worth the money? Wait. Does anybody know a girl who has a fetish for guys who've seen perfect games in person? How many tickets are we talking about? A sell-out is 35,000 right? So 25,000? Or maybe the whole stadium? Which would be 55,000 I think.
June 1, 201016 yr Let's see, the Marlins are entitled to sell you a ticket to tomorrow's game. After that game is played, there are probably not many people who would want unsold tickets to it, but some might. The Marlins are still entitled to sell them, there being no MLB rule or any statute barring the practice. Tickets to the perfect game are no different than tickets to any other game. Nothing unethical or immoral about selling them, they were legitimately for sale before the game was played and remain so after. No one is holding a gun to the head of any buyer. Now, if they were to have an additional set of tickets for the entire stadium printed and then sell those, that would be not just unethical but also probably illegal under some general fraud statute. The Marlins, by virtue of luck are in possession of a rather large pile of legitimate baseball memorabilia. Of course they should sell it.
June 1, 201016 yr Ticket are printed way in advance and they would*n't* have printed more than a sell-out, I guess 35,000, at most you're talking about 10,000 available tix.
June 1, 201016 yr This is a sad joke... Beinfest and Loria are out of their Minds!!! Hope Halladay and Selig come out and PUBLICLY bash them for cheaping the game(understanding that neither can do anything about it)... Admin and Jeff have found a new low.... This is so greedy and especially after MLB already called them out on not spending the profit sharing money they receive... Beinfest has a whole lot of nothing to do with this. either Beinfest or Hill should have the veto power over a decision like this... maybe I should have included Hill's name in orginal post... Do you at least agree that this is a bad idea? If Loria wants more money, sell the clay from the infield or grass patches... I would have bought some.. They could remove the grass after the brewers series is over... then again, the Dolphins own the stadium so Loria can't sell something he doesn't own.. Neither. Their job is to build a competitive team on the field with the resources they have. General managers have nothing to do with this.
June 1, 201016 yr Ticket are printed way in advance and they would*n't* have printed more than a sell-out, I guess 35,000, at most you're talking about 10,000 available tix. You're assuming they are season ticket stock. If they are just regular tickets you can make as many as you want.
June 1, 201016 yr I don't think it's so much "pretending to be there" as it is a collectors thing. Some people are into collecting rare baseball items and a ticket to the 20th perfect game in history is one of those. But a ticket to that game says that you were there, period... why would that be otherwise? I understand wanting something for collectors, thus I say make a plaque or something. I just think that selling these cheapens the tickets that guys like Rab and everyone else in that stadium Saturday night. It loses so much value to me. Personally, I was "supposed" to go to Saturdays game but, due to whatever unforseen issues I had, I never made it to the game. I wholeheartedly regret that decision and wish I was there... but I would never want to go back and try and cover up the fact that i never went. On the other hand... if I did get my s*** together Saturday afternoon and DID make it to the game... I'd have been honored to be there because the perfect game was an unforseen event and Id have been lucky and priviledged to have seen it and have bought the ticket. Buying the ticket four days after the fact completely goes against the honor and the magic of being their live before knowing it would be a historic night. Doesn't anyone else see this side of it?
June 1, 201016 yr Not just that but, if you see on eBay, these tickets are actually worth something. Thanks Loria for taking money out of my pocket. (That was half kidding, I'm planning on holding on to my ticket for a long long time.)
June 1, 201016 yr Looking at attendance records in wikipedia, we had more people at the Halladay PG (seperatly) than at A's Dallas Bradens PG and Sox's Burhle PG.... Can the Marlins print me tickets to those two games as well since I only went to the one this past Saturday??? Also, since the printers will be on I would like a ticket to Sandy Koufax's PG ... Either way, I'll try to pick up a pair of fishtank seats...
June 1, 201016 yr Exactly, at over $60 a ticket for a used one, it would be wise to make some money on them. I don't like it, but I respect it. I might actually buy the tickets I sat in that night....lol.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.