I am seriously going to have to kill someone...

Sirspud

Over react much? Yeah it's annoying when you are listening to the TV but I'm pretty sure the people at the ballpark are having a good time, and anytime there is some noise in the stadium that's a good thing on my book.

Over react much? Yeah it's annoying when you are listening to the TV but I'm pretty sure the people at the ballpark are having a good time, and anytime there is some noise in the stadium that's a good thing on my book.

If I was at the stadium it would be even worse. I'm pretty sure its no more enjoyable for the players having to endure it either, and I'd classify that as pretty important.

I dont really like them. I guess the crowd getting fired up was a good thing, although saturdays attendance are usually good anyway, no? Whatever the case, I doubt anyone would bring them back to the stadium, at least not in great numbers, so it's not something I'm concerned over.

Guest Guest

I doubt anyone would bring them back to the stadium, at least not in great numbers, so it's not something I'm concerned over.

I read that they aren't going to be allowed back into the stadium as per the the noisemaker policy.

They were great and they made the crowd actually enjoy the game more.

Best Giveaway of the year indeed. Too bad we couldn't pull off a win.

I'm not sure about that. I think about half the crowd hated those things. Even if half loves it you can't say anything that half your base dislikes is a good giveaway.

I doubt anyone would bring them back to the stadium, at least not in great numbers, so it's not something I'm concerned over.

I read that they aren't going to be allowed back into the stadium as per the the noisemaker policy.

Makes sense to me. I assume this promotion was cooked up long before their now world renowned infamy in the World Cup? I heard Yankee Stadium and the US Open proactively banned them as well.

They were great and they made the crowd actually enjoy the game more.

Best Giveaway of the year indeed. Too bad we couldn't pull off a win.

I'm not sure about that. I think about half the crowd hated those things. Even if half loves it you can't say anything that half your base dislikes is a good giveaway.

I saw a couple fans on TV annoyed by it. It did seem like half and half, in terms of likes/dislikes. The last thing the Marlins need is for half of the attendance that they barely get to dislike something and not want to come back out to the stadium.

I'm sure some of you guys had a great time, and it sounds like some of you didn't. What I wonder is just how many of the players got the crap annoyed out of them as well. Its one thing to know that a crowd is gonna shake a cow-bell or cheer in big moments, that amps up the players as much as anything, but when its a constant buzzing it must be hard as heck to get your mind straight. Like when you're a member of a bullpen that gave up double digit walks. Talent was certainly a factor in this, but I can't imagine it not annoying a pitcher who can't find the freaking strike zone.

I'm sure some of you guys had a great time, and it sounds like some of you didn't. What I wonder is just how many of the players got the crap annoyed out of them as well. Its one thing to know that a crowd is gonna shake a cow-bell or cheer in big moments, that amps up the players as much as anything, but when its a constant buzzing it must be hard as heck to get your mind straight. Like when you're a member of a bullpen that gave up double digit walks. Talent was certainly a factor in this, but I can't imagine it not annoying a pitcher who can't find the freaking strike zone.

At least a couple, apparently.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/2010/06/fredi-gonzalez-blames-home-plate-ump-lance-barksdale-for-lineup-confusion.html

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.