Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9/6 Marlins @ Phillies -- Game 2

Featured Replies

Anibal Sanchez

26 GS, 1 CG, 160.1 innings, 11-8, 3.14 ERA, 1.33 WHIP, 58 BB/126 K, .657 opponents .OPS

 

vs.

 

 

Roy Oswalt

27 GS, 1 CG, 176.2 innings, 10-13, 3.01 ERA, 1.08 WHIP, 49 BB/161 K, .631 opponents .OPS

 

*Oswalt is 4-1 with a 1.89 ERA/.99 WHIP in 7 starts (47.2 innings) since joining the Phillies.*

I hear it's pretty difficult sweep double headers and that it's somewhat unexplainable. Anyone know where I can find the results from every double header from, let's say, the past 30 years, to see how many sweeps there have been?

Hanley not sure he can start

 

#Marlins game 2: Maybin 8, morrison 7, ramirez 6, uggla 4, tracy 3, helms 5, stanton 9, rivera 2, a. sanchez 1

I hear it's pretty difficult sweep double headers and that it's somewhat unexplainable. Anyone know where I can find the results from every double header from, let's say, the past 30 years, to see how many sweeps there have been?

 

30 years, no, too much trouble. But I will give you from 2002-2010. That's pretty easy to find thanks to ESPN.

 

In the last 9 seasons there have been 117 sweeps and 96 splits. I guess it's not as hard as baseball convention likes to say.

 

In 6 of those 9 years, there were more sweeps than splits.

 

Year	Sweep	Split
2002	14	10
2003	20	8
2004	23	15
2005	7	11
2006	10	13
2007	12	10
2008	14	11
2009	13	10
2010	4	8

 

Hanley not sure he can start

 

#Marlins game 2: Maybin 8, morrison 7, ramirez 6, uggla 4, tracy 3, helms 5, stanton 9, rivera 2, a. sanchez 1

 

 

Because he got hit by a pitch?

:marlins

 

 

:ole

 

 

 

:marlins :marlins

 

 

:ole :ole

 

 

:marlins :marlins :marlins

 

 

:ole :ole :ole

 

 

:marlins :marlins :marlins :marlins

 

 

:ole :ole :ole :ole

Line ups: [i know the Marlins have been posted but eh...]

 

Florida Marlins

#. Pos.  Name
1. CF    Cameron Maybin
2. LF    Logan "Badass" Morrison
3. SS    Hanley Ramirez
4. 2B    Dan Uggla
5. 1B    Chad Tracy
6. 3B    Wes Helms
7. RF    Mike Stanton
8. C     Mike Rivera
9. P     Anibal Sanchez

Philadelphia Phillies

#. Pos.  Name
1. CF    Shane Victorino
2. 3B    Placido Polanco
3. 2B    Chase Utley
4. 1B    Ryan Howard
5. SS    Jimmy Rollins
6. LF    Raul Ibanez
7. RF    Dominic Brown
8. C     Carlos Ruiz
9. P     Roy Oswalt

 

No Werth?

 

Comcast announcers said Anibal made Werth look bad last time so he is not in :)

 

VS Florida: .189 | .231 | .324 | 18 K's

@ Sun Life: .125 | .125 | .125 | 13 K's

 

Play him damnit!

Hey yo! I missed the first game in the double header but seemed like a good game! Let's do something we haven't done in a while..sweep a double header! :gofish :gofishb :gofish

Hey yo! I missed the first game in the double header but seemed like a good game! Let's do something we haven't done in a while..sweep a double header! :gofish :gofishb :gofish

 

 

 

You miss a GREAT game, Hit :rolleyes:

Hey yo! I missed the first game in the double header but seemed like a good game! Let's do something we haven't done in a while..sweep a double header! :gofish :gofishb :gofish

 

 

 

You miss a GREAT game, Hit :rolleyes:

 

Yeah :confused sooooo glad to see Logan in the game! My luck this will be a bad game :zipper I didn't just say that..I swear!

Hey yo! I missed the first game in the double header but seemed like a good game! Let's do something we haven't done in a while..sweep a double header! :gofish :gofishb :gofish

 

 

 

You miss a GREAT game, Hit :rolleyes:

 

Yeah :confused sooooo glad to see Logan in the game! My luck this will be a bad game :zipper I didn't just say that..I swear!

 

:o

 

 

 

 

 

j/k

:p

Try to watch the first 6 innings to watch Mendez. Hopefully he strained muscle (on his first major hit) won't keep him out :thumbdown

 

I believe they said it was a cramp.

Try to watch the first 6 innings to watch Mendez. Hopefully he strained muscle (on his first major hit) won't keep him out :thumbdown

 

 

I heard they said he pitched really well..and then got hurt :blink:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.