2010-11 Florida Panthers thread

Erick

There's a new GM in town, and his name is Dale Tallon. He played a big part in building the defending Stanley Cup Champion, Chicago Blackhawks.

Notable departures

Nathan Horton (Boston)

Keith Ballard (Vancouver)

Gregory Campbell (Boston)

New players

Dennis Wideman (from Boston)

Steve Bernier (from Vancouver)

Chris Higgins (from Calgary)

Mike Santorelli (from Nashville)

Marty Reasoner (from Atlanta)

Mike Weaver (from St.Louis)

Nathan Paetsch (from Buffalo)

Erik Gudbranson (2010 3rd pick of the draft...looks like he'll start the year with the team)

Darcy Hordichuk (from Vancouver)

The season starts this Sunday night in Edmonton. This is likely another rebuilding year for the Panthers, but anything is possible when you're 0-0. :hat Team had some good battles in training camp/preseason, and finished with a 3-2-1 record in preseason.

We'll see; hopefully the team is at least better than last year's. I mean, I'm just hoping there are no Booth-like injuries this year. That's not too much to ask for...is it? :(

Panthers have made some trades before the start of the season.

Traded LW Andrew Peters to Vancouver for LW Darcy Hordichuk.

Traded D/W Nathan Paetsch to Vancouver for D Sean Zimmerman.

Hordichuk has played here, before. He's an enforcer; Zimmerman is an AHL D man. I didn't really see the point of trading Paetsch as he was our 7th D man who could also fill in at forward (depth, versatile), but I guess nothing surprises me with the Panthers anymore.

Two minor deals at the end of the day, but deals, nonetheless.

Also, the Panthers didn't sign their 1st round pick, Erik Gudbranson, in time for the start of the season, so he's going back to Juniors. I don't mind that move since the team is likely not going far this year, and Guds probably needs some more development, anyway.