November 21, 201015 yr Author I hate Orange Juice and Mayo... All also hate Rudy Gay. We lose to Memphis. You know, because when it was announced we had signed Bosh, Wade, and Lebron, I totally thought "Damn, we are totally an 8-5 team now. CAN YOU SAY DYNASTY!!!!!!!!?????" I think we should just name Chris Bosh head coach. You know, so they could "chill" more often. It would help team chemistry
November 21, 201015 yr Is there something in the water here that's causing all the injuries to the sports teams players? And its the most important players. First Jacory Harris, the the Dolphin QB's and Jake Long, and now Wade and Haslem.
November 21, 201015 yr I hate to say it... but it's gonna be off with Spolstra's head. yup Pat Riley is not a happy camper right now.
November 21, 201015 yr No excuse for Memphis getting so many offensive rebounds. Paint defense is our Achilles heel
November 22, 201015 yr Can we please get a real center... We don't need a big scorer just a tall, mobile big man that plays defense well and gets physical along with grabbing those rebounds or boxing out.
November 22, 201015 yr Haslem likely out 6+ weeks: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=5836434
November 22, 201015 yr chris bosh is such a horrible fit for the heat. they needed to get a bruiser, not a shooting guard in a forward's body. i think they're best choice right now is to go out and sign erick dampier, he's at least a big body
November 22, 201015 yr chris bosh is such a horrible fit for the heat. they needed to get a bruiser, not a shooting guard in a forward's body. i think they're best choice right now is to go out and sign erick dampier, he's at least a big body He's not a horrible fit. If he was a very good center, we'd still have a hole at PF. Maybe you could say center is a more important position, but either way we'd have 3 big stars and 2 holes.
November 23, 201015 yr Author Being down 17 to the Pacers at home is completely unacceptable. Not calling for anybody to be fired, but at this point in the season and with the talent we have, there is no reason to play so poorly to a mediocre team. Things will probably change and we will win this game, but that doesn't change the fact that this team isn't playing up to it's potential. --------------------------- I think Spoelstra is a VERY good coach, he just might not be the right guy for THIS particular job. Doesn't seem like the Lebron's, Wade's, and Bosh's of the world are 100% willing to listen to him and take direction from him. Riley REALLY doesn't want to coach again. He doesn't want to become the villian he was cast out as in the Stan Van Gundy situation in 06. However, if the situation gets out of hand at some point, Riley may have no other choice. I'd like to see the team be patient with Spoelstra just a little bit, but we won't have Bosh/Wade/Lebron ALL in their primes for very long. Time is of the essence, and the time to win is pretty much now (or the media will have a field day).
November 23, 201015 yr I know the team isn't playing up to their potential despite injuries and lack of a bigman but I'd have to put Spo at some fault. He puts some bad teams on the floor at times and is really over playing Eddie House while under playing Mario Chalmers and Stackhouse. He also doesn't seem to spread the floor well enough for LeBron or Wade to create space and drive... It's not all on Spolstra but if we don't get to at least the Conference Finals with a top 4 seed in the east he might be gone and someone like Riley or maybe even Coach K could take over. (I just threw K out there as he's said he's leaving Duke and he's coach LeBron, Wade and Bosh all on team USA already.)
November 23, 201015 yr I know the team isn't playing up to their potential despite injuries and lack of a bigman but I'd have to put Spo at some fault. He puts some bad teams on the floor at times and is really over playing Eddie House while under playing Mario Chalmers and Stackhouse. He also doesn't seem to spread the floor well enough for LeBron or Wade to create space and drive... It's not all on Spolstra but if we don't get to at least the Conference Finals with a top 4 seed in the east he might be gone and someone like Riley or maybe even Coach K could take over. (I just threw K out there as he's said he's leaving Duke and he's coach LeBron, Wade and Bosh all on team USA already.) I was thinking the exact same thing!! It would be perfect! Even without coach K, why don't the Heat run the same offense they were running in the Olympics? Wade was awesome off the ball. Lets start spreading a Coach K to the Heat rumor. Does anybody know how to hack Twitter accounts?:mischief
November 23, 201015 yr I know the team isn't playing up to their potential despite injuries and lack of a bigman but I'd have to put Spo at some fault. He puts some bad teams on the floor at times and is really over playing Eddie House while under playing Mario Chalmers and Stackhouse. He also doesn't seem to spread the floor well enough for LeBron or Wade to create space and drive... It's not all on Spolstra but if we don't get to at least the Conference Finals with a top 4 seed in the east he might be gone and someone like Riley or maybe even Coach K could take over. (I just threw K out there as he's said he's leaving Duke and he's coach LeBron, Wade and Bosh all on team USA already.) Are you just pulling this out of your butt? Not leaving: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5244171 Nope, not leaving, many links: http://basketballcoachingclub.com/new-jersey-nets/coach-k-has-no-interest-in-leaving-duke-for-nets/ And again: http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2010/04/duke_coach_mike_krzyzewski_cla.html
November 23, 201015 yr Best thing that can happen to the Heat would be Mike D'Antoni getting fired, and the Heat hiring him. This team should be running all game long.
November 23, 201015 yr Author No, best thing for the Heat would be Coach K, without any question. If Coach K were to ever leave Duke, after this season is the time and the Heat are the team. This would be the best NBA opportunity ever presented to him or any other coach outside of Phil Jackson. If the Heat don't interest him, there's 0 chance he will EVER leave Duke, period. First let's give Spoelstra a little more time. Still very early in the season. If this continues into January, then it's time to panic. ----------------------- A double digit loss to the Pacers is just unacceptable. Don't know how many times I need to say it. I get the feeling that Spoelstra doesn't have the complete respect of Lebron and Bosh. I think they both came here expecting free reign with the offense and just playing 3 on 5 basketball all season and winning in blowouts. Now that they are facing troubles, they are crumbling, every single player on this team. This team needs a reality check, and they need it fast. The offense isn't going to succeed when it is built with only isolation and pick and roll plays. A real offensive gameplan needs to be instituted. Even superstars aren't going to succeed each time down the court when they don't have a clear direction from their coaching staff as to what to do with the ball. Right now, I don't know what to think. This is a little bit humbling considering the expectations. I think we stay the course, let this play out a little, and hope things work themselves out. Not much we can do, other than sign Dampier or Riley taking over for Spoelstra, and I don't think Riley is ready for the rigors of an NBA season as coach again. I think he enjoys his role as president right now.
November 23, 201015 yr Basketball's all about dreams and Spoelstra's living his! Who are we to end this.
November 23, 201015 yr I know the team isn't playing up to their potential despite injuries and lack of a bigman but I'd have to put Spo at some fault. He puts some bad teams on the floor at times and is really over playing Eddie House while under playing Mario Chalmers and Stackhouse. He also doesn't seem to spread the floor well enough for LeBron or Wade to create space and drive... It's not all on Spolstra but if we don't get to at least the Conference Finals with a top 4 seed in the east he might be gone and someone like Riley or maybe even Coach K could take over. (I just threw K out there as he's said he's leaving Duke and he's coach LeBron, Wade and Bosh all on team USA already.) Are you just pulling this out of your butt? Not leaving: http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5244171 Nope, not leaving, many links: http://basketballcoa...-duke-for-nets/ And again: http://www.nj.com/ne...zewski_cla.html Those are all about him denying the Nets job offer, I bet he'd think long and hard if the heat offered him the job.
November 23, 201015 yr But you can't just throw it our there that HE SAID he's leaving Duke w/o any proof! lol
November 23, 201015 yr But you can't just throw it our there that HE SAID he's leaving Duke w/o any proof! lol It was a rumor I heard, but you're right i don't have proof.
November 23, 201015 yr Why was Wade playing? He went 1-13 and 1-5 from the FT line. It obvious he was in no condition to play with the hurt wrist. He at least should've sat out the 2nd half. Spolestra should be fired for this alone.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.