Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2010-2011 Miami Heat Season Thread

Featured Replies

About the 72 win thing. Does anybody remember that season for the Bulls(I'm sure Iowa does :shifty)? The must've clinched best record a month before the season ended. So why did they go full boar until the end of the season risking injury instead of putting it in cruise control and playing Jordan and Pippen just enough to keep the rust off? Everyone talks about the Heat breaking that but nobody explains why the Bulls did it when they didn't have to.

 

MJ doesn't sit.

 

About as simple as I can make it

By the way, I think Zydrunas Ilguaskus (not Joel Anthony) and Eddie House (not Carlos Arroyo) should be starting.

 

Anthony is starting because of his defense, but I don't see how anyone expects him to truly contain the Shaq's/Howard's of the world. He's undersized. There's no point. Might as well put your best offensive team on the court, and Z can actually hit open shots on pick & rolls, etc. He has experience/chemistry with LeBron, as well.

 

Carlos Arroyo is a horrible fit on this team. He shouldn't be getting significant minutes, much less starting. This team doesn't need a conservative backup PG who doesn't turn the ball over. The PG is the guy with the ball who can make plays, and that guy is LeBron James. Even Dwayne Wade when he has the ball. When the superstars are on the court, you need guys who can shoot some spot up, open 3's. Eddie House can do that. He's a much better fit on this team than Arroyo is, and for what it's worth, Chalmers is too. Where is Chalmers, anyway?

 

Just my $.02 on that.

 

Regarding Z, he should definitely start especially if they plan on playing a halfcourt game, as they did tonight. I believe Anthony is also starting because of his athleticism, but they didn't really run tonight, anyway. If you're going to be a halfcourt team, start your best halfcourt offense, no?

Good Wake up call, passing was awful, Wade showed he's still hurt and rusty from not playing in the preseason.

Miller and Chalmers could have been game changers if they were healthy, they'd spread the floor and not allow Boston to keep all their big men down low, giving Bron, Bosh and Wade room to drive and if they bite, House, Jones, Miller or Rio could have drained the shots.

Also, many shots didn't fall tonight for us which will change with time.

 

I didn't expect more then 67 wins but if we want to reach 60 we'll need to step it up until everyone is 100 %.

 

P.S. When will Stackhouse play?

 

 

 

Are we really doing this? I mean come on guys...

 

You watch one game and all of the sudden everything that you expected... you lose? God you sound like Panther fans on an emotional rollercoaster. One day it's a playoff team and the next it's the worst in the league. The Miami Heat are a 60 win team, you definitely dont need to worry about that. Tonight they played one of the best teams in the league, the defending EC Champs. Who only got better this off season (despite getting older). There are 22 games they can lose to be a 60 win team, I dont see why the season opener with a completely brand spanking new team doesnt make sense for one of those.

 

They played terribly offensively, but they played great defensively. Dont expect 80 points to be a trend in Miami. Clearly the Miami Thrice spent more time this offseason making doccumentaries and getting endorsements than they did on the basketball court together, give them some time and they'll be doing what everyone thinks they can do.

Played like crap but still had a chance in the end

 

Anyways, it was only game 1...

 

Btw, did anyone notice the trend of missing WIDE OPEN shots? they need to get that together.

Played like crap but still had a chance in the end

 

Anyways, it was only game 1...

 

Btw, did anyone notice the trend of missing WIDE OPEN shots? they need to get that together.

 

 

Wade and Bosh missed 29 shots combined.

 

That's horrible.

Man, Dish Network is still going to war with Fox, so I can't watch the game tonight. What's the best way to track it?

Heat beat 76ers by 10 but were up by 26 after 3. So (I hope) it was just garbage time complacency that caused the Heat to give away most of the lead. James was 6 of 9 from 3 and Wade lead team in scoring with 30 points.

 

 

 

In other news, the Celtics lost to the Lebronless Cleveland 95-87. I know its only 2 games but I think they got problems.

Tonight seemed like the exact opposite of last night.

 

Still sloppy with the ball, but I thought Wade and Bosh played very well and LeBron needs to work on his turnovers.

 

I still like what I am seeing after watching the only two games that these guys have ever played with eachother. By mid-season, this team is going to be on a roll.

1st win means I can officially say....

 

HAPPY LEBRONNAKUH!!!!

 

Celtics lose to Cavs to ahahaha.

 

Keep it going and win the home opener to make a statement.

Heat beat 76ers by 10 but were up by 26 after 3. So (I hope) it was just garbage time complacency that caused the Heat to give away most of the lead. James was 6 of 9 from 3 and Wade lead team in scoring with 30 points.

 

 

 

In other news, the Celtics lost to the Lebronless Cleveland 95-87. I know its only 2 games but I think they got problems.

 

 

Yeah, the last few minutes they would just dribble up the court and spot up to shoot 3's.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvMDWx28FZizTaKNu09BLi68vLYF?slug=aw-heatceltics102710

 

 

Anybody see that? Its crazy that the cavs used to plan their flights around when Lebron wanted to leave and let his friends go on the team plane. According to that article, Lebron asked if the Heat could stay in New Orleans an extra night during the preseason so he could go out with Chris Paul. Thankfully, Pat Riley has said no to him.

 

How selfish is this guy? If you want to say, then stay yourself. Dont make the whole team stay an extra night especially since many of the players and coaches have families.

Maybe if the Cavs took more force with the situation, he would stop doing that.

 

 

Btw, not surprised at all that was written by Woj...read anything he writes about LeBron, you'd swear LeBron f**ked his mother or something.

I have 2 Tickets FOR SALE to Tues. 11/2/10 Heat v Twovles game.

 

110.00 for both. 300 Level, Isle Seats, Row 3! Below Face Value! 89.00 on ticketmaster! PAYPAL ONLY

 

If anyone is interested PM me...

Heat with a statement win over the Magic: Taking over the southeast!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvMDWx28FZizTaKNu09BLi68vLYF?slug=aw-heatceltics102710

 

 

Anybody see that? Its crazy that the cavs used to plan their flights around when Lebron wanted to leave and let his friends go on the team plane. According to that article, Lebron asked if the Heat could stay in New Orleans an extra night during the preseason so he could go out with Chris Paul. Thankfully, Pat Riley has said no to him.

 

How selfish is this guy? If you want to say, then stay yourself. Dont make the whole team stay an extra night especially since many of the players and coaches have families.

 

 

I'm no huge LeBron James fan (I feel that I'm a fan now simply because he's on my team), but how exactly is that extremely selfish? Shouldn't be feeding the baby with a silver spoon and maybe it wont happen? He is, after all, like a gigantic child.

 

I mean... if he were able to stay himself I'm sure he wouldn't have asked for everyone else to stay.

http://sports.yahoo....atceltics102710

 

 

Anybody see that? Its crazy that the cavs used to plan their flights around when Lebron wanted to leave and let his friends go on the team plane. According to that article, Lebron asked if the Heat could stay in New Orleans an extra night during the preseason so he could go out with Chris Paul. Thankfully, Pat Riley has said no to him.

 

How selfish is this guy? If you want to say, then stay yourself. Dont make the whole team stay an extra night especially since many of the players and coaches have families.

 

 

 

It all depends on his reaction afterwards. Asking isn't the same thing as demanding. Given what I've seen from the ownership in Cleveland, LeBron probably didn't have to demand anything. Their owner was emotionally unstable enough to disregard everything to make their main attraction happy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.