Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FSU or UCF?

Featured Replies

OH MY GOD STOP DISTRACTING ME I HAVE A FINAL ON FRIDAY

 

 

I have one on Thursday!

 

let me whipe both of your tears away for you. I had three today and I have two tomorrow (well, one was a paper that I'm turning in at noon tomorrow, but I wrote it today and yesterday so it's pretty much an exam lol).

As much as I feel your pain, and I do, law school makes undergrad look like something far less than child's play. The depth and breadth of material is staggering. And 1st-year law school exams determine 2nd-year internships, which in turn determine your job when you get out of school, AKA could be the difference between $40k and $160k (the extremes, admittedly). So I've likely got a bit more pressure heh

As much as I feel your pain, and I do, law school makes undergrad look like something far less than child's play. The depth and breadth of material is staggering. And 1st-year law school exams determine 2nd-year internships, which in turn determine your job when you get out of school, AKA could be the difference between $40k and $160k (the extremes, admittedly). So I've likely got a bit more pressure heh

 

 

Of course, draw the elderly card. Soon it'll be the 'yeah but this is the real world'. Before you know it you'll be drawing your AARP card to me.

 

:p

I graduated from UCF last May, so I feel I can provide some insight here to help you decide.

 

Whomever said it before is right, VISIT BOTH CAMPUSES. Both of my older sisters went to FSU, so I've been up in that area quite a bit. To be honest, I didn't really dig Tallahassee. It felt to "country" for my liking, but I was still pretty young and didn't really learn how to appreciate certain things like history and tradition. But when I took the tour at UCF in high school, I was really impressed with the campus and made it my first priority to apply here.

 

Considering the fact as well that UCF is now the second largest university in the USA, it's surprisingly not that overcrowded here (except parking). Dr. Beinfest was also right when he said the meal plan isn't really that necessary, but it helps when you live in a dorm with just a microwave and mini fridge.

 

But yeah, visit both campuses man and see which one is more baller ass to you.

I looked up some pictures of FSU and UCF and it is actually ridiculous how awesome the buildings and campus looks compared to the university I attend here in Scotland.

Not that this should really play a factor into your decision, but one thing I've noticed UCF lacks is a distinguishable building/landmark...something of a signature to the university.

 

For FSU, it's the Westcott Building

 

 

For UF it's Century Tower

Anyone else hate having to do subjects/assignments that are just not that related to the actual degree?!

 

 

read my first post.

Not that this should really play a factor into your decision, but one thing I've noticed UCF lacks is a distinguishable building/landmark...something of a signature to the university.

 

For FSU, it's the Westcott Building

 

 

For UF it's Century Tower

 

 

 

Well then I dont think you've got enough experience at UCF. What you're pointing out is that UCF has a completely different look to it. UCF is a modern campus, with modern buildings. Of course it isn't going to have any chapels or buildings of such architectural style.

 

The Reflection Pond, however, is easily the most recognizable area, which sits just in front of Millican Hall and our Hogwartz-esque Library.

OH MY GOD STOP DISTRACTING ME I HAVE A FINAL ON FRIDAY

 

 

I have one on Thursday!

 

let me whipe both of your tears away for you. I had three today and I have two tomorrow (well, one was a paper that I'm turning in at noon tomorrow, but I wrote it today and yesterday so it's pretty much an exam lol).

 

I had one yesterday and - get ready for it -

 

 

I have one on Saturday!

lol, I'm so excited, 2 hours until my last exam and my semester is done.

 

 

2 hours before your exam and your are on marlinsbaseball.com.

 

That is committment to the forums!

lol, I'm so excited, 2 hours until my last exam and my semester is done.

 

 

2 hours before your exam and your are on marlinsbaseball.com.

 

That is committment to the forums!

 

lol it's pre-calc, math for dummies and I was forced to be in it (what does that say about me :( )

 

should be starting in calc.

 

Anyways, I'm a relaxed studier. None of that library nonsense or crap like that. I'm on my computer, listening to U2, occasionally poping onto these forums and another forum, and then every 5 or 10 minutes I do a math problem lol.

lol, I'm so excited, 2 hours until my last exam and my semester is done.

 

 

2 hours before your exam and your are on marlinsbaseball.com.

 

That is committment to the forums!

 

lol it's pre-calc, math for dummies and I was forced to be in it (what does that say about me :( )

 

should be starting in calc.

 

Anyways, I'm a relaxed studier. None of that library nonsense or crap like that. I'm on my computer, listening to U2, occasionally poping onto these forums and another forum, and then every 5 or 10 minutes I do a math problem lol.

 

Haha I'm a bit like that. Constantly on Facebook and Marlinsbaseball.com during study leave. So no different to normal......

lol, I'm so excited, 2 hours until my last exam and my semester is done.

 

 

2 hours before your exam and your are on marlinsbaseball.com.

 

That is committment to the forums!

 

lol it's pre-calc, math for dummies and I was forced to be in it (what does that say about me :( )

 

should be starting in calc.

 

Anyways, I'm a relaxed studier. None of that library nonsense or crap like that. I'm on my computer, listening to U2, occasionally poping onto these forums and another forum, and then every 5 or 10 minutes I do a math problem lol.

 

That's more or less what I do, except the U2 part (ewwwwww)

That Century Tower picture looks a bit fishy...like it's an old picture. Though I definitely agree that the Reflecting Pond is gorgeous.

 

 

Well, from the perspective of a UF senior, I'd say go with UCF. Ignoring my biases, you have to go with the school that best suits your interest and it seems that UCF is that school for you. Best of luck in choosing your undergraduate institution, college is pretty awesome. (sometimes...)

That Century Tower picture looks a bit fishy...like it's an old picture. Though I definitely agree that the Reflecting Pond

 

 

Well, from the perspective of a UF senior, I'd say go with UCF. Ignoring my biases, you have to go with the school that best suits your interest and it seems that UCF is that school for you. Best of luck in choosing your undergraduate institution, college is pretty awesome. (sometimes...)

 

 

Until the final year which is an utter nightmare!

  • Author

A little more on your major. Sports Management isnt offered here as an Undergraduate Degree. It is offered and it's not too bad at FSU. I think our Communications school is our second best school behind the Engineering dept., so Journalism isnt bad. But Sports Management... for a graduate degreee... UCF is I believe 2nd in the nation with strong, strong ties to ESPN.

 

 

Well the reason I mentioned those two majors is because I'm hoping to become a sports writer (probably will get an internship somewhere wherever I go), so it made sense to major in Journalism or Sports Management.

 

I've been to FSU quite a bit over the last four years, and I can honestly say that I have gotten the "country" feel to it. A little too old school for me, not a lot of things to do around the campus from what I saw. Don't remember a whole lot from my sister's tour to UCF when I was still in 8th grade, but I remember really liking the overall look and feel of UCF. I've always been a fan of the modern type of look that UCF has. Honestly, I'm probably leaning towards UCF, but always felt a degree from FSU sounded better when trying to find a job later on in life. Thanks for the information, I've gotten some information before this, but I wanted to hear some info from people who have gone to or are currently attending either school.

First of all, Conrats on getting accepted my man!

 

Next I would like to say that both a solid schools and have there own great aspects.

Personally I love UCF because of the location and the school is relatively young but coming up strong.

FSU though is very well known and respected and the fact that it's a state University helps.

 

What it all really comes down to is money. You're going to get a high quality education at both Universities and they both have an abundance of fields to fall into for a major but the Money is important. If you can get a scholarship to pay something like room, board or books then I'd head over to that school in a heartbeat.

 

That's just my two cents.

A little more on your major. Sports Management isnt offered here as an Undergraduate Degree. It is offered and it's not too bad at FSU. I think our Communications school is our second best school behind the Engineering dept., so Journalism isnt bad. But Sports Management... for a graduate degreee... UCF is I believe 2nd in the nation with strong, strong ties to ESPN.

 

 

Well the reason I mentioned those two majors is because I'm hoping to become a sports writer (probably will get an internship somewhere wherever I go), so it made sense to major in Journalism or Sports Management.

 

I've been to FSU quite a bit over the last four years, and I can honestly say that I have gotten the "country" feel to it. A little too old school for me, not a lot of things to do around the campus from what I saw. Don't remember a whole lot from my sister's tour to UCF when I was still in 8th grade, but I remember really liking the overall look and feel of UCF. I've always been a fan of the modern type of look that UCF has. Honestly, I'm probably leaning towards UCF, but always felt a degree from FSU sounded better when trying to find a job later on in life. Thanks for the information, I've gotten some information before this, but I wanted to hear some info from people who have gone to or are currently attending either school.

 

If you're trying to become a sports writer, you're trying to become a journalist. Sports Management has little to do with that. You'd be a communications - journalism major, and you'd go to a sports business program after for graduate school. Steer clear of Sports Management though. That's a business degree, hence management, you wont get any skills out of that to become a sports writer.

 

If you want to be a GM or an agent, or any of that, Sports Management is that degree.

FSU Alum here. Go to FSU! Thats all.

 

 

Hmm....strong argument

 

typical :shifty .

 

lol jk. BTW gizmo, what major did you graduate with?

FSU Alum here. Go to FSU! Thats all.

 

 

Hmm....strong argument

 

typical :shifty .

 

lol jk. BTW gizmo, what major did you graduate with?

 

I was a Digital Media major.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.