Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who had the worst offseason?

Featured Replies

the mets by far. plus, cowherd mentioned that this is the first time he recalls a big market team being this bad. but it's partly their fault that they got into this mess to start with, spending first tier money on second tier stars. a classic case that money can't buy winners.

the mets by far. plus, cowherd mentioned that this is the first time he recalls a big market team being this bad. but it's partly their fault that they got into this mess to start with, spending first tier money on second tier stars. a classic case that money can't buy winners.

It is the Mets, because once the offseason was complete, the team was still the NY Mets, and frankly that is just the worst thing to be.

It is the Mets, because once the offseason was complete, the team was still the NY Mets, and frankly that is just the worst thing to be.

You guys are right, maybe the Mets should have signed a back-up catcher to a deal averaging 6 Mil a season.

 

But seriously, how did the Mets improve? They replaced an inept GM and Manager with two very no-nonsense leaders in Sandy Alderson and Terry Collins, they hired a dream team of front office execs, and rather than trading away bad contracts for even worse contracts they set themselves up for payroll flexibility next season. The Mets have the following contracts coming off the books:

 

Carlos Beltran: 18.5 Mil in 2011

Luis Castillo:6 Mil in 2011

Oliver Perez: 12 Mil in 2011

Francisco Rodriguez: 11.5 Mil in 2011 (with 3.5 Mil buyout)

 

They also added cheap, low risk options in Chris Young, Chris Capuano, Pedro Beato, Brad Emaus.

 

All in all, by standing pat the Mets set themselves up nicely.

You guys are right, maybe the Mets should have signed a back-up catcher to a deal averaging 6 Mil a season.

 

But seriously, how did the Mets improve? They replaced an inept GM and Manager with two very no-nonsense leaders in Sandy Alderson and Terry Collins, they hired a dream team of front office execs, and rather than trading away bad contracts for even worse contracts they set themselves up for payroll flexibility next season. The Mets have the following contracts coming off the books:

 

Carlos Beltran: 18.5 Mil in 2011

Luis Castillo:6 Mil in 2011

Oliver Perez: 12 Mil in 2011

Francisco Rodriguez: 11.5 Mil in 2011 (with 3.5 Mil buyout)

 

They also added cheap, low risk options in Chris Young, Chris Capuano, Pedro Beato, Brad Emaus.

 

All in all, by standing pat the Mets set themselves up nicely.

The Mets did not have a bad offseason.

They were limited due to the fact that Omar Minaya royally screwed the franchise in the past recent years.

 

All the Mets did was what we usually do every offseason. They made some nice low-risk, high-reward signings.

The Mets did not have a bad offseason.

They were limited due to the fact that Omar Minaya royally screwed the franchise in the past recent years.

 

All the Mets did was what we usually do every offseason. They made some nice low-risk, high-reward signings.

the mets by far. plus, cowherd mentioned that this is the first time he recalls a big market team being this bad. but it's partly their fault that they got into this mess to start with, spending first tier money on second tier stars. a classic case that money can't buy winners.

 

Colin is the only national radio show I can listen to and I like him but he says some crazy things. I guess he doesn't recall the 2010 Cubs or the 2006 Cubs.

the mets by far. plus, cowherd mentioned that this is the first time he recalls a big market team being this bad. but it's partly their fault that they got into this mess to start with, spending first tier money on second tier stars. a classic case that money can't buy winners.

 

Colin is the only national radio show I can listen to and I like him but he says some crazy things. I guess he doesn't recall the 2010 Cubs or the 2006 Cubs.

the mets by far. plus, cowherd mentioned that this is the first time he recalls a big market team being this bad. but it's partly their fault that they got into this mess to start with, spending first tier money on second tier stars. a classic case that money can't buy winners.

 

Colin is the only national radio show I can listen to and I like him but he says some crazy things. I guess he doesn't recall the 2010 Cubs or the 2006 Cubs.

 

 

Really?

the mets by far. plus, cowherd mentioned that this is the first time he recalls a big market team being this bad. but it's partly their fault that they got into this mess to start with, spending first tier money on second tier stars. a classic case that money can't buy winners.

 

Colin is the only national radio show I can listen to and I like him but he says some crazy things. I guess he doesn't recall the 2010 Cubs or the 2006 Cubs.

 

 

Really?

what made Werth chose the Nats?

 

126 million dollars

Id play with all the guys on this board for a fraction of that $.

Ya know a good number of us could probably field a half-decent independent league team.

Wanna give that a shot?

what made Werth chose the Nats?

 

126 million dollars

Id play with all the guys on this board for a fraction of that $.

Ya know a good number of us could probably field a half-decent independent league team.

Wanna give that a shot?

the mets by far. plus, cowherd mentioned that this is the first time he recalls a big market team being this bad. but it's partly their fault that they got into this mess to start with, spending first tier money on second tier stars. a classic case that money can't buy winners.

 

Colin is the only national radio show I can listen to and I like him but he says some crazy things. I guess he doesn't recall the 2010 Cubs or the 2006 Cubs.

 

those cubs teams didn't have to deal with the owners being broke (i may be wrong).

the mets by far. plus, cowherd mentioned that this is the first time he recalls a big market team being this bad. but it's partly their fault that they got into this mess to start with, spending first tier money on second tier stars. a classic case that money can't buy winners.

 

Colin is the only national radio show I can listen to and I like him but he says some crazy things. I guess he doesn't recall the 2010 Cubs or the 2006 Cubs.

 

those cubs teams didn't have to deal with the owners being broke (i may be wrong).

I'm gonna go with Iowa.

he had to watch the Packers blow past the Bears en route to their Super Bowl championship.

I'm gonna go with Iowa.

he had to watch the Packers blow past the Bears en route to their Super Bowl championship.

the mets by far. plus, cowherd mentioned that this is the first time he recalls a big market team being this bad. but it's partly their fault that they got into this mess to start with, spending first tier money on second tier stars. a classic case that money can't buy winners.

 

Colin is the only national radio show I can listen to and I like him but he says some crazy things. I guess he doesn't recall the 2010 Cubs or the 2006 Cubs.

 

those cubs teams didn't have to deal with the owners being broke (i may be wrong).

 

The Dodgers' owner is also broke, and the Cubs for the last few years have had a pending sale that limited their movement.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.