Infante recovering from surgery

sgleason02

I'm always skeptical of the way players "seem" in articles, but he does not sound happy to be here; he sounds kinda like a miserable dude.

Buck up, kid. You're going to get 600 ABs if you stay healthy; stop complaining.

I got the same feeling, but I'm guessing it has to do more with his not being able to play winter ball than with being here. I know I wouldn't be too thrilled about getting traded and then being shut down during the offseason.

I'm guessing once he starts playing again (as a regular, no less) we'll be reading a different tune out of him...

He's excited at prospect of playing a full season primarily at one position. Last season with the Braves he saw time at second, third, short, left and right.

I've always thought of myself as a good player, an everyday player," Infante said. "You have to take [the trade] as a positive. This is a good team, a team that's always in the hunt, so I'm happy to be here."

Yes it certainly seems like he's not happy to be here :blink:

He's excited at prospect of playing a full season primarily at one position. Last season with the Braves he saw time at second, third, short, left and right.

I've always thought of myself as a good player, an everyday player," Infante said. "You have to take [the trade] as a positive. This is a good team, a team that's always in the hunt, so I'm happy to be here."

Don't be a smartass.

- "Omar Infante admittedly was disappointed with his new employers. On multiple occasions he requested permission to play winter ball in his native Venezuela and each time was denied.

- "It was hard for me," Infante said. "Multiple times they put me on the roster and twice [the Marlins] said no. Those are decisions they made not to let me play. It hurt me because I wanted to play to stay in shape. I took it fine. I took it like a vacation. I celebrated with the Caribes team. I was at the final and we celebrated 100 percent."

- "Where the manager decides to put me, I'm going to accept it because that's part of the game."

But yes, ignore all of the bad stuff because he says "you have to take [the trade] as a positive," (which sounds like he's trying to convince himself, anyway) and he then refers to the team with seemingly distant words (i.e. this is a good team, as opposed to we have a good team [or something like that]).

If you're going to be obnoxious, at least be right.

Don't be a smartass.

- "Omar Infante admittedly was disappointed with his new employers. On multiple occasions he requested permission to play winter ball in his native Venezuela and each time was denied.

- "It was hard for me," Infante said. "Multiple times they put me on the roster and twice [the Marlins] said no. Those are decisions they made not to let me play. It hurt me because I wanted to play to stay in shape. I took it fine. I took it like a vacation. I celebrated with the Caribes team. I was at the final and we celebrated 100 percent."

- "Where the manager decides to put me, I'm going to accept it because that's part of the game."

But yes, ignore all of the bad stuff because he says "you have to take [the trade] as a positive," (which sounds like he's trying to convince himself, anyway) and he then refers to the team with seemingly distant words (i.e. this is a good team, as opposed to we have a good team [or something like that]).

Sorry, I'll try to be more like you

Don't be a smartass.

You're looking too much into it.

Man, the season needs to start already. :banghead

Don't be a smartass.

Sorry, I'll try to be more like you

You call me out, and you're going to be like that when I answer back? If you're going to sarcastically attack/mock my post, then you can't be surprised that I would respond. And It's exceedingly clear that you both left out "relevant" information and also mocked my post, but feel free to hide behind one-liners.

You call me out, and you're going to be like that when I answer back? If you're going to sarcastically attack/mock my post, then you can't be surprised that I would respond. And It's exceedingly clear that you both left out "relevant" information and also mocked my post, but feel free to hide behind one-liners.

+1 I hate when people respond like that.

I'm always skeptical of the way players "seem" in articles, but he does not sound happy to be here; he sounds kinda like a miserable dude.

Buck up, kid. You're going to get 600 ABs if you stay healthy; stop complaining.

Not to harp on you too much but the guy was just disappointed that he couldn't play for his country and rightfully so, especially considering the team he would have been on won the league. I'm sure he'll get over it though once the season starts, if he isn't already. He's a pro, he knows we were just looking out for his best interest.

Not to harp on you too much but the guy was just disappointed that he couldn't play for his country and rightfully so, especially considering the team he would have been on won the league. I'm sure he'll get over it though once the season starts, if he isn't already. He's a pro, he knows we were just looking out for his best interest.

You may very well be right; that's why I went out of my way to qualify what I said.