Is there any reliever on the Marlins that we can be confident in?

When overworked the ERA of the pen will soar! Maybe its time to call up an arm or two (Ceda) to give the pen some rest, especially if they still have to use Sanches in starting rotation.

They need to callup a starter (whoever that may be); Sanches has no business starting, again.

There is just no individual consistency in the bullpen right now.

There isn't one reliever on the team that has earned any trust from the fans....

No, they haven't earned the trust me from you, not the fans. And that's because you won't look at the stats. Instead, you base the bullpen performance off whether or not you trust them.

This bullpen is good. Very good, in fact. That one game in Arizona destroyed the team ERA. Before that, we were a top 5 bullpen. I'm sure by the all star break, the numbers will look good again.

There isn't one reliever on the team that has earned any trust from the fans....

You're speaking for the entire fanbase now?

What has Leo Nunez done wrong this year?

Also, these guys are human just like everyone else. Aside from that bad outing on Monday in a meaningless situation, what has Mike Dunn done to deserve a great lack of trust?

I'm pretty confident in Choate against lefties.

Has Sanches not been a good long reliever?

Seriously, the only two guys this year that have been meh are Webb and Hensley, and Hensley's now out for the year (not that I'm happy about it...I wish him the best in his recovery).

You're either trolling or just overreacting.

Also, these guys are human just like everyone else. Aside from that bad outing on Monday in a meaningless situation, what has Mike Dunn done to deserve a great lack of trust?

Seriously, the only two guys this year that have been meh are Webb and Hensley, and Hensley's now out for the year (not that I'm happy about it...I wish him the best in his recovery).

Eric you have been trolling this board since you were in middle school.

Eric you have been trolling this board since you were in middle school.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Why are those statements inconsistent? All of them are saying the same thing....I am not convinced this bullpen will be much above average in the long run.

And why, exactly?

Beyond, like, "I feel like they will because I'm not confident in them." Because that's not a real reason.

Also, surprisingly, you've offered no answer to this question.

Nobody cares if you don't feel comfortable with them. That's not good enough for us to have to read your thread. The reason people are giving you sh*t is because you've brought no actual analysis to the table to explain what you're saying. Just saying "I DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE" isn't good enough.

the bullpen seemed to start taking some lumps back around the time they played the Reds and has not been nearly as dominant since that series. Mujica is VERY AVERAGE at best...Webb doesn't really have great stuff either....I would love to see an upgrade over one or both of those guys although i think we'll end up having to settle for just one of them (likely Mujica) being replaced at some point.

the pen isn't close to being dominant but is more of an average pen now...much better than last year but still a very average pen and unfortunately seems worse when compared to the red hot start they got off to

I bet you smile after every run they allow just so you can resort back to this thread!

Not really. When I first posted this I was just looking for friendly banter. Then personal jabs were taken as if these other posters knew everything and what I had to say was garbage.

Instead, the bullpen is garbage.

Yes, a 3.52 ERA is garbage.

Ricky Nolasco must be the definition of sh*t.

The return of Nolshitsco!

Is this thread real? LOL. Are bullpen has won a lot of games for us. Yes, they are getting taxed alittle which concerns me but there are a lot of teams out there that would love our bullpen. Leo and all. Granted javier carried it to the sixth but who cares. At least we have four guys that can start eating innings and this bp talk will be over.