Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike Cameron acquired, Ceda optioned to AAA

Featured Replies

He played very good defense with the Brewers.

 

He played "less than his normal stellar defense" with the Red Sox because of an injury. I personally don't think he played in enough games to say he played bad defense but if you must say that then yes it would be because of his injury issues the last 2 years, not because he is aging.

 

He has played good defense most of his career.

 

Lol, it's like you try to confuse yourself in thinking I said something that I didn't, of all the people here I feel like you misunderstand every post I make and it's really not that hard.

 

Your sig says more than one thing about you, I don't really need to go on anything else, and hell if thats what gets you through life good for you.

 

I am ... seriously waiting with popcorn and a soft drink for Rab to tear you a new one.

 

 

At least Rab argues for what he believes, you just sit on your ass and do nothing. :rolleyes:

I feel like you're the guy in the background playing a triangle. :lol

Well, bobbob just pretty much summed up how I feel. You have the whole "I'm always right" thing going on and if someone disagrees with you, they're automatically idiots. Rab is one of the most knowledgeable posters on this board, he knows what he's talking about. Cameron's old. The reason he wasn't getting much playing time is because his defense had gotten worse. Not an injury that he's healed from.

 

You say "5 years ago he won a gold glove", that is a pretty long time in Baseball years. Especially on the wrong side of 35. You're a Mariners fan as well, so I can understand your love for Cameron. But relax, he's not going to be that good.

 

I'm not always right, not do I claim to be, nor will I ever claim to be.

 

I have strong opinions as do others that i like being shared, I also like sharing news with other fans on this board.

 

I'm sorry you feel that I think "I'm always right", it's not true but I mean maybe you should have the balls to send me a pm instead of acting like a jack ass in the game threads. I usually ignore what you say because you just attack me with ridiculous comments, It's a real mature way of handling things, so I don't bother wasting my time with you.

 

What is it with Rab, I feel like Rab is a God and I am being persecuted because I will not bow down to his "holiness" especially on this forum board.

 

Isn't Rab just like everyone else who has an account at Malrinsbaseball.com? or is he like "above" me. I didn't know we had rankings, hell what level am I on?

 

I'm a very passionate Marlins fan which is why I came to this board, if you don't like it then well I'm sorry.

Ignoring someone is definitely not a "mature" way to handle things but I do agree it can be useful.

As for "attacking" you, please give examples. I'd love to see this.

Ceda optioned to AAA

 

 

Good he was terrible.

 

Maybe lets leave guys down there and just struggle with what we have for a while.

 

This whole rushing guys up thing doesn't work. (See Hand) (Ceda)

 

EDIT: I know we didn't have an option with Hand this year has just been brutal injuries all over the Marlins from the minors up.

ROTFL.

 

 

See, the issue is people like the two of you don't bring anything to the table besides your crappy opinions. When people respond to you with legitimate responses, you get all huffy and puffy about how "it's my opinion, I KNOW WHAT I SEE." And when someone responds to you with the same level of intellectual capability (and, let's be honest, "uhhhh" is about on par with what you're bringing), you get all huffy and puffy too.

 

Bring something to the table, and people will respect you. If not, don't get mad. Rab actually responded to you, and you came back with "OH I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE A DOCTOR!"

 

Your posts in this thread have been absolute crap. You don't deserve responses.

 

 

People like you are arrogant "know-it-alls" and are what ruin forum boards, Marlinsbaseball.com is for people who want to discuss baseball with other intelligent posters. Strong beliefs and opinions will be shared that's part of forum board life in any topic (in case you haven't noticed) if you need an example look at politics.

 

People who don't let others share their opinions ruin the art of discussion and debate, as you need different opinions to spark a good debate. Being able to present your points with facts AND observations with other posters and why you believe what you do is key, because some people believe in sabermetrics and others on observation. I would consider myself in the middle.

 

I'm sure many people don't like me and I'm sure some do, people know who I am though, some may not value my posts but I also know some do. There is no place where you will have everyone on your side.

 

Hell if I was here to win anyone over, I would be wasting my time.

 

The problem is people like you aren't willing to let other opinions be shared, which is what you have done and which is also why Erick called you stubborn.

 

The reason this forum isn't bigger is because of people like you who are conservative and close-minded, people want their opinions heard not shut down.

 

 

So try listening once, instead of responding with pointless "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" comments.

You have arguably the 2nd-most-distorted self-image on this board. That's both a fact and an observation. Am i doing it rite?

 

And super LOLZ at bobbob being "conservative."

ROTFL.

 

 

See, the issue is people like the two of you don't bring anything to the table besides your crappy opinions. When people respond to you with legitimate responses, you get all huffy and puffy about how "it's my opinion, I KNOW WHAT I SEE." And when someone responds to you with the same level of intellectual capability (and, let's be honest, "uhhhh" is about on par with what you're bringing), you get all huffy and puffy too.

 

Bring something to the table, and people will respect you. If not, don't get mad. Rab actually responded to you, and you came back with "OH I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE A DOCTOR!"

 

Your posts in this thread have been absolute crap. You don't deserve responses.

 

 

People like you are arrogant "know-it-alls" and are what ruin forum boards, Marlinsbaseball.com is for people who want to discuss baseball with other intelligent posters. Strong beliefs and opinions will be shared that's part of forum board life in any topic (in case you haven't noticed) if you need an example look at politics.

 

People who don't let others share their opinions ruin the art of discussion and debate, as you need different opinions to spark a good debate. Being able to present your points with facts AND observations with other posters and why you believe what you do is key, because some people believe in sabermetrics and others on observation. I would consider myself in the middle.

 

I'm sure many people don't like me and I'm sure some do, people know who I am though, some may not value my posts but I also know some do. There is no place where you will have everyone on your side.

 

Hell if I was here to win anyone over, I would be wasting my time.

 

The problem is people like you aren't willing to let other opinions be shared, which is what you have done and which is also why Erick called you stubborn.

 

The reason this forum isn't bigger is because of people like you who are conservative and close-minded, people want their opinions heard not shut down.

 

 

So try listening once, instead of responding with pointless "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" comments.

You have arguably the 2nd-most-distorted self-image on this board. That's both a fact and an observation. Am i doing it rite?

 

And super LOLZ at bobbob being "conservative."

And mystikol is a f***ing LAWYER!

... I think.

The funny part is, when Cameron play his first game and goes 2for3 and we win the game you are going to be reading here how he is a man beast.

 

You say things like this all the time. Do you have anything to show you've been right? Because this board doesn't usually go crazy for short run success. For example, most were waiting for/expecting Dobbs to come back to Earth this year

ROTFL.

 

 

See, the issue is people like the two of you don't bring anything to the table besides your crappy opinions. When people respond to you with legitimate responses, you get all huffy and puffy about how "it's my opinion, I KNOW WHAT I SEE." And when someone responds to you with the same level of intellectual capability (and, let's be honest, "uhhhh" is about on par with what you're bringing), you get all huffy and puffy too.

 

Bring something to the table, and people will respect you. If not, don't get mad. Rab actually responded to you, and you came back with "OH I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE A DOCTOR!"

 

Your posts in this thread have been absolute crap. You don't deserve responses.

 

 

People like you are arrogant "know-it-alls" and are what ruin forum boards, Marlinsbaseball.com is for people who want to discuss baseball with other intelligent posters. Strong beliefs and opinions will be shared that's part of forum board life in any topic (in case you haven't noticed) if you need an example look at politics.

 

People who don't let others share their opinions ruin the art of discussion and debate, as you need different opinions to spark a good debate. Being able to present your points with facts AND observations with other posters and why you believe what you do is key, because some people believe in sabermetrics and others on observation. I would consider myself in the middle.

 

I'm sure many people don't like me and I'm sure some do, people know who I am though, some may not value my posts but I also know some do. There is no place where you will have everyone on your side.

 

Hell if I was here to win anyone over, I would be wasting my time.

 

The problem is people like you aren't willing to let other opinions be shared, which is what you have done and which is also why Erick called you stubborn.

 

The reason this forum isn't bigger is because of people like you who are conservative and close-minded, people want their opinions heard not shut down.

 

 

So try listening once, instead of responding with pointless "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" comments.

You have arguably the 2nd-most-distorted self-image on this board. That's both a fact and an observation. Am i doing it rite?

 

And super LOLZ at bobbob being "conservative."

 

 

Who has the 1st most distorted, amuse me.

 

Bob is conservative in the sense that he doesn't listen to what others have to say (he sticks to his own opinion), he's liberal in his beliefs when it comes to baseball or so it seems, which is like a double whammy.

ROTFL.

 

 

See, the issue is people like the two of you don't bring anything to the table besides your crappy opinions. When people respond to you with legitimate responses, you get all huffy and puffy about how "it's my opinion, I KNOW WHAT I SEE." And when someone responds to you with the same level of intellectual capability (and, let's be honest, "uhhhh" is about on par with what you're bringing), you get all huffy and puffy too.

 

Bring something to the table, and people will respect you. If not, don't get mad. Rab actually responded to you, and you came back with "OH I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE A DOCTOR!"

 

Your posts in this thread have been absolute crap. You don't deserve responses.

 

 

People like you are arrogant "know-it-alls" and are what ruin forum boards, Marlinsbaseball.com is for people who want to discuss baseball with other intelligent posters. Strong beliefs and opinions will be shared that's part of forum board life in any topic (in case you haven't noticed) if you need an example look at politics.

 

People who don't let others share their opinions ruin the art of discussion and debate, as you need different opinions to spark a good debate. Being able to present your points with facts AND observations with other posters and why you believe what you do is key, because some people believe in sabermetrics and others on observation. I would consider myself in the middle.

 

I'm sure many people don't like me and I'm sure some do, people know who I am though, some may not value my posts but I also know some do. There is no place where you will have everyone on your side.

 

Hell if I was here to win anyone over, I would be wasting my time.

 

The problem is people like you aren't willing to let other opinions be shared, which is what you have done and which is also why Erick called you stubborn.

 

The reason this forum isn't bigger is because of people like you who are conservative and close-minded, people want their opinions heard not shut down.

 

 

So try listening once, instead of responding with pointless "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" comments.

You have arguably the 2nd-most-distorted self-image on this board. That's both a fact and an observation. Am i doing it rite?

 

And super LOLZ at bobbob being "conservative."

And mystikol is a f***ing LAWYER!

... I think.

Not quite yet. By the time Michelle Bachman gets inaugurated, I should nearly done with my J.D.

And there are lots of lawyers who ain't too bright. :)

mystikol is the board lawyer. We demand comments on Casey Anthony. That's real life, not Mike Cameron.

 

And you're all awful people. I'm going to ignore all of you and talk to myself on this forum. Life will be spectacular.

Oh just so everyone knows I'm not expecting Cameron to hit .400 in his 1st month as a Marlin, not do I think he will come out and be some hidden superstar we had lacked, if he does fantastic!

 

It also bring up the CC question? Is his injury more severe, i don't even know what was wrong with him but he has been on the DL for sometime.

 

Maybe the FO isn't even going to consider CC anymore, which would be sad considering what he did in 09. :(

And you're all awful people. I'm going to ignore all of you and talk to myself on this forum. Life will be spectacular.

 

You're so conservative!

Or... liberal or ... something.

MAKE YOUR OPINION THE SAME AS MINE OR SUFFER!!

1. Brett Hayes has a .669 career minor league OPS, and Brad Davis' isn't much better. Hayes has been cool this year, but in an insanely small sample size. That's a terrible idea and would give us the same holes we have now.

 

 

Brett Hayes has been better than Buck and while Hayes sample size is low getting Buck after one good season is about the same risk I would say IMO ( oh wait I forgot you don't like those ).

 

 

2. Michael Young is owed $48 million from 2011-2013 and would have cost us a prospect.

 

 

You have to spend money to make money.

 

Young would have added a .300 hitter to the lineup and put Dobbs back on the bench where he belongs. Dobbs on the bench actually fills the hole we have on the weak bench.

 

Young in the lineup can also be used to protect Stanton so maybe Stanton can get better pitches to look at.

 

We could have used Young primarily this year and next year and if he starts tailing off around next year hopefully Dominguez would have gotten enough experience and we could start incorporating him into the lineup.

 

3. Trading a PTBNL for Mike Cameron making the minimum is not stopping us from selling pieces off in 3 weeks.

 

 

It's also not necessarily going to make us any better, even with Coghlan sucking he was hitting about as good as Cameron. Coghlan also has the chance of going on a tear like he has in previous years.

 

We have plenty of players that can currently play OF and wasn't an area that we needed to address.

 

4. Regardless of the value of the team, Beinfest can only spend what Loria allots him, and your criticism was aimed specifically at Beinfest, so that is 100% irrelevant.

 

 

Your rational of don't complain cause you can't do better by giving me examples is flawed. Beinfest has been in this business for years and has a ton more experience than I ever will putting a team together. I voiced my displeasure of his moves "LATELY" which is in my right to do. Telling me I have no right to complain because you think I can't do a better job than Beinfest is silly.

 

If I buy a Mustang and it breaks down constantly do I have no right to complain about Ford because I can't build a better Mustang with my bare hands? Thats silly

ROTFL.

 

 

See, the issue is people like the two of you don't bring anything to the table besides your crappy opinions. When people respond to you with legitimate responses, you get all huffy and puffy about how "it's my opinion, I KNOW WHAT I SEE." And when someone responds to you with the same level of intellectual capability (and, let's be honest, "uhhhh" is about on par with what you're bringing), you get all huffy and puffy too.

 

Bring something to the table, and people will respect you. If not, don't get mad. Rab actually responded to you, and you came back with "OH I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE A DOCTOR!"

 

Your posts in this thread have been absolute crap. You don't deserve responses.

 

 

People like you are arrogant "know-it-alls" and are what ruin forum boards, Marlinsbaseball.com is for people who want to discuss baseball with other intelligent posters. Strong beliefs and opinions will be shared that's part of forum board life in any topic (in case you haven't noticed) if you need an example look at politics.

 

People who don't let others share their opinions ruin the art of discussion and debate, as you need different opinions to spark a good debate. Being able to present your points with facts AND observations with other posters and why you believe what you do is key, because some people believe in sabermetrics and others on observation. I would consider myself in the middle.

 

I'm sure many people don't like me and I'm sure some do, people know who I am though, some may not value my posts but I also know some do. There is no place where you will have everyone on your side.

 

Hell if I was here to win anyone over, I would be wasting my time.

 

The problem is people like you aren't willing to let other opinions be shared, which is what you have done and which is also why Erick called you stubborn.

 

The reason this forum isn't bigger is because of people like you who are conservative and close-minded, people want their opinions heard not shut down.

 

 

So try listening once, instead of responding with pointless "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" comments.

 

Very good post, there are so many "Elitist" here that it makes it sometimes unpleasant to even post here.

 

Fortunately the nice people here outweigh them so its still a fun board to visit.

 

Seriously tho some people here need to learn to chill, its only a game.

Very good post, there are so many "Elitist" here that it makes it sometimes unpleasant to even post here.

 

Fortunately the nice people here outweigh them so its still a fun board to visit.

 

Seriously tho some people here need to learn to chill, its only a game.

 

 

I mean this in no offense because I try to be as non-confrontational as possible but I see no elitist posts in this thread, whatsoever. And in regards to the 'situation' at hand, also no elitist posters as well.

 

This is an overreaction. People here are friendly. People get along. Trust me, as a member of several message boards on top of MarlinsBaseball.com (MB.com being my 'home' forum, if you will), it doesn't get much nicer than here.

ROTFL.

 

 

See, the issue is people like the two of you don't bring anything to the table besides your crappy opinions. When people respond to you with legitimate responses, you get all huffy and puffy about how "it's my opinion, I KNOW WHAT I SEE." And when someone responds to you with the same level of intellectual capability (and, let's be honest, "uhhhh" is about on par with what you're bringing), you get all huffy and puffy too.

 

Bring something to the table, and people will respect you. If not, don't get mad. Rab actually responded to you, and you came back with "OH I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE A DOCTOR!"

 

Your posts in this thread have been absolute crap. You don't deserve responses.

 

 

People like you are arrogant "know-it-alls" and are what ruin forum boards, Marlinsbaseball.com is for people who want to discuss baseball with other intelligent posters. Strong beliefs and opinions will be shared that's part of forum board life in any topic (in case you haven't noticed) if you need an example look at politics.

 

People who don't let others share their opinions ruin the art of discussion and debate, as you need different opinions to spark a good debate. Being able to present your points with facts AND observations with other posters and why you believe what you do is key, because some people believe in sabermetrics and others on observation. I would consider myself in the middle.

 

I'm sure many people don't like me and I'm sure some do, people know who I am though, some may not value my posts but I also know some do. There is no place where you will have everyone on your side.

 

Hell if I was here to win anyone over, I would be wasting my time.

 

The problem is people like you aren't willing to let other opinions be shared, which is what you have done and which is also why Erick called you stubborn.

 

The reason this forum isn't bigger is because of people like you who are conservative and close-minded, people want their opinions heard not shut down.

 

 

So try listening once, instead of responding with pointless "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" comments.

 

Very good post, there are so many "Elitist" here that it makes it sometimes unpleasant to even post here.

 

Fortunately the nice people here outweigh them so its still a fun board to visit.

 

Seriously tho some people here need to learn to chill, its only a game.

Some people need to learn manners, but thats why I'm here. Trying to have a rational discussion with people here is sometimes like trying to talk to a dog, but it doesn't speak back.

 

Sometimes it's better that the dog doesn't talk though.

 

 

It's the "Elitist" principle and "I have been here longer and am more important than you." or in another case "You are wrong because I say so, because I like to argue with every post you make." "I also know way more about Marlins Baseball than you and it's why I am here, because I am smart and people love smart people like me, because I am smart and like to share my smartness, with not so smart people"

 

Sad, well I'm not going anywhere!

 

 

 

The truth doesn't lie or hide in this instance. (lol)... but seriously

It's a shame there's no reason to tank in baseball... and being a seller doesn't really entail as much without tradeable draft picks :|

Very good post, there are so many "Elitist" here that it makes it sometimes unpleasant to even post here.

 

Fortunately the nice people here outweigh them so its still a fun board to visit.

 

Seriously tho some people here need to learn to chill, its only a game.

 

 

I mean this in no offense because I try to be as non-confrontational as possible but I see no elitist posts in this thread, whatsoever. And in regards to the 'situation' at hand, also no elitist posters as well.

 

This is an overreaction. People here are friendly. People get along. Trust me, as a member of several message boards on top of MarlinsBaseball.com (MB.com being my 'home' forum, if you will), it doesn't get much nicer than here.

 

I found Bobbobs reply to my post to be "elitist" in tone. He could have just as easily replied with something like. "I'd have to disagree with you Zero's I think Beinfest is doing a good job because of blah blah blah" etc.

 

His reply was "Uhhhhhhhhhh" like my post was so stupid for him that he couldn't take a minute to use his brain for a reply.

 

Doesn't that not sound "elitist" to you? I mean if it doesn't its ok cuz I actually value your opinion.

 

The fact is there was a better and nicer way to respond to my post. I am pretty sure he doesn't act like that in the "real world" but on the internet its easy to be rude cause there are no repercussions.

Very good post, there are so many "Elitist" here that it makes it sometimes unpleasant to even post here.

 

Fortunately the nice people here outweigh them so its still a fun board to visit.

 

Seriously tho some people here need to learn to chill, its only a game.

 

 

I mean this in no offense because I try to be as non-confrontational as possible but I see no elitist posts in this thread, whatsoever. And in regards to the 'situation' at hand, also no elitist posters as well.

 

This is an overreaction. People here are friendly. People get along. Trust me, as a member of several message boards on top of MarlinsBaseball.com (MB.com being my 'home' forum, if you will), it doesn't get much nicer than here.

 

I found Bobbobs reply to my post to be "elitist" in tone. He could have just as easily replied with something like. "I'd have to disagree with you Zero's I think Beinfest is doing a good job because of blah blah blah" etc.

 

His reply was "Uhhhhhhhhhh" like my post was so stupid for him that he couldn't take a minute to use his brain for a reply.

 

Doesn't that not sound "elitist" to you? I mean if it doesn't its ok cuz I actually value your opinion.

 

The fact is there was a better and nicer way to respond to my post. I am pretty sure he doesn't act like that in the "real world" but on the internet its easy to be rude cause there are no repercussions.

 

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

 

Sounds like everyone is having an orgasm in this thread!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.