Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike Cameron acquired, Ceda optioned to AAA

Featured Replies

Dewayne Wise hasn't sucked for the Marlins so you misunderstood my point was that I assumed Wise would suck coming to the Marlins but he didn't.

 

Some of you don't actually read threads you just post. :rolleyes:

 

 

Are you absolutely certain Dewayne Wise hasn't sucked for the Marlins?

 

Because he has a .384 OPS and has struck out in 34% of his at bats. So it really seems like he's sucked for us.

 

Some of you don't actually look at anything resembling proof when talking about things, you just post :rolleyes:

 

Early on he was batting .300 for the Marlins and was doing well, obviously since then Wise has tailed off, he still played amazing defense much better than Coghlan ever has, which is why you don't measure a player on hitting stats alone. There will always be people like "you" who bash players before they even have a chance with the Marlins "just because" it's like your expecting the Front Office to bring in a 40 year old Albert Pujols who was just released, oh wait.... THERE IS NO PLAYERS LIKE THAT! Take it for what it is sure he's older but that doesn't mean he' s gonna suck, some of you people all like drinking the same kool-aid just for the hell of it.

 

:rolleyes:

Early on he was batting .300 for the Marlins and was doing well, obviously since then Wise has tailed off, he still played amazing defense much better than Coghlan ever has, which is why you don't measure a player on hitting stats alone. There will always be people like "you" who bash players before they even have a chance with the Marlins "just because" it's like your expecting the Front Office to bring in a 40 year old Albert Pujols who was just released, oh wait.... THERE IS NO PLAYERS LIKE THAT! Take it for what it is sure he's older but that doesn't mean he' s gonna suck, some of you people all like drinking the same kool-aid just for the hell of it.

 

:rolleyes:

 

 

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I was being sarcastic, he is a 3 time gold glove winner.

 

In 2006.

Oh yea and he hit 4 home runs in 1 game.

 

We should get Shawn Green.

 

But seriously, I'm fine with getting Cameron because we're not doing all that well in CF, between Wise (who's bad enough he lost his job to Petey Pipes) and Petey Pipes.

I was being sarcastic, he is a 3 time gold glove winner.

 

In 2006.

Oh yea and he hit 4 home runs in 1 game.

 

We should get Shawn Green.

 

But seriously, I'm fine with getting Cameron because we're not doing all that well in CF, between Wise (who's bad enough he lost his job to Petey Pipes) and Petey Pipes.

 

 

Gold Glove

 

01,03 and 06

 

Most notably as a Mariner. (2000-03)

 

Eh, I suppose it can't hurt if he sucks we'll thrown him out with the trash.

I was being sarcastic, he is a 3 time gold glove winner.

 

In 2006.

Oh yea and he hit 4 home runs in 1 game.

 

We should get Shawn Green.

 

But seriously, I'm fine with getting Cameron because we're not doing all that well in CF, between Wise (who's bad enough he lost his job to Petey Pipes) and Petey Pipes.

 

01,03 and 06

 

Most notably as a Mariner.

Yeah, the point is that 2006, his most recent one, was half a decade ago. It'd be like lauding Omar Vizquel's current defense.

I was being sarcastic, he is a 3 time gold glove winner.

 

In 2006.

Oh yea and he hit 4 home runs in 1 game.

 

We should get Shawn Green.

 

But seriously, I'm fine with getting Cameron because we're not doing all that well in CF, between Wise (who's bad enough he lost his job to Petey Pipes) and Petey Pipes.

 

01,03 and 06

 

Most notably as a Mariner.

Yeah, the point is that 2006, his most recent one, was half a decade ago. It'd be like lauding Omar Vizquel's current defense.

 

 

Who cares? You make it sound like 2006 with 20 years ago.

 

I guess since "YOU" say so I should expect Cameron to play unimpressive defense, because 5 years is sooooooo long. :lol :rolleyes:

Well, he's also been pretty bad the last two years.

 

 

??? I honestly am starting to believe you just make things up.

 

He has had limited playing time with the Red Sox the last 2 years and before that he was still a great fielder with the Brewers he had like 5 errors total in 2 years with Milwaukee, omg thats so awful.

Who cares? You make it sound like 2006 with 20 years ago.

 

I guess since "YOU" say so I should expect Cameron to play unimpressive defense, because 5 years is sooooooo long. :lol :rolleyes:

 

It is, especially when you were 33-years-old in 2006, right about when a player starts their decline. 38 is a LONG way from 33.

 

But I guess since "YOU" say I should expect Cameron to play impressive defense, because 38 far from 33... this is the part where I replace substance with an annoying emoticon.

Well, he's also been pretty bad the last two years.

 

 

??? I honestly am starting to believe you just make things up.

 

He has had limited playing time with the Red Sox the last 2 years and before that he was still a great fielder with the Brewers he had like 5 errors total in 2 years with Milwaukee, omg thats so awful.

Why do you think he had limited playing time? Was it because the Red Sox hate good players?

 

Also, errors isn't a good way to measure a player defensively, ESPECIALLY not an OFer.

 

And even if they were, the 4 errors he made in 2009 was the 3rd most for any CFer in the league.

When will people learn errors are a horrible way to measure defense? It's 2011.

 

I attribute it to the Tommy Hutton effect.

Who cares? You make it sound like 2006 with 20 years ago.

 

I guess since "YOU" say so I should expect Cameron to play unimpressive defense, because 5 years is sooooooo long. :lol :rolleyes:

 

It is, especially when you were 33-years-old in 2006, right about when a player starts their decline. 38 is a LONG way from 33.

 

But I guess since "YOU" say I should expect Cameron to play impressive defense, because 38 far from 33... this is the part where I replace substance with an annoying emoticon.

According to who Professor Rab? You're a fan just like everyone else, I can't simply start to believe what you tell me because you are "Rab."

The second part is less surprising you always seem to make smart ass comments when commenting on my posts, nothing new there. Here > :rolleyes:

 

 

 

 

Well, he's also been pretty bad the last two years.

 

 

??? I honestly am starting to believe you just make things up.

 

He has had limited playing time with the Red Sox the last 2 years and before that he was still a great fielder with the Brewers he had like 5 errors total in 2 years with Milwaukee, omg thats so awful.

Why do you think he had limited playing time? Was it because the Red Sox hate good players?

 

Also, errors isn't a good way to measure a player defensively, ESPECIALLY not an OFer.

 

And even if they were, the 4 errors he made in 2009 was the 3rd most for any CFer in the league.

He was injured, which is probably the biggest reason why he wasn't playing good defense, not because he had "aged" which is what you are wanting me to believe.

 

Blah blah blah, errors aren't a bad stat, they measure your defensive ability on normal routinely made plays, there is nothing wrong with errors.

The only interesting thing about Mike Cameron is watching to see if he can out-produce Wes Helms. Maybe they can retire together.

It is, especially when you were 33-years-old in 2006, right about when a player starts their decline. 38 is a LONG way from 33.

 

But I guess since "YOU" say I should expect Cameron to play impressive defense, because 38 far from 33... this is the part where I replace substance with an annoying emoticon.

 

According to who Professor Rab? You're a fan just like everyone else, I can't simply start to believe what you tell me because you are "Rab."

The second part is less surprising you always seem to make smart ass comments when commenting on my posts, nothing new there. Here > :rolleyes:

 

 

 

??? I honestly am starting to believe you just make things up.

 

He has had limited playing time with the Red Sox the last 2 years and before that he was still a great fielder with the Brewers he had like 5 errors total in 2 years with Milwaukee, omg thats so awful.

 

Why do you think he had limited playing time? Was it because the Red Sox hate good players?

 

Also, errors isn't a good way to measure a player defensively, ESPECIALLY not an OFer.

 

And even if they were, the 4 errors he made in 2009 was the 3rd most for any CFer in the league.

He was injured, which is probably the biggest reason why he wasn't playing good defense, not because he had "aged" which is what you are wanting me to believe.

 

Blah blah blah, errors aren't a bad stat, they measure your defensive ability on normal routinely made plays, there is nothing wrong with errors.

First the age thing:

 

According to who? Well, besides myself, Dr. Rabbert Bethan, with my BS in Rounders Derived Athletics; here is a Sports Illustrated Article about the age 33, with Bill James, the most respected name in baseball analysis on the planet.

 

Now then, as far as defense goes. 40 minutes ago he played great defense with the Brewers and now he played bad defense because of injury? Which one was it, what he great or was he not good? (I'll give you a hint, it's the second one you admitted).

 

As far as smart ass comments, here is one: My uncle always told me as a kid, it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

This is what we have to look forward to lol. Great signing, Admin Beinfest must really want his job...

This is what we have to look forward to lol. Great signing, Admin Beinfest must really want his job...

 

 

 

 

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is what we have to look forward to lol. Great signing, Admin Beinfest must really want his job...

 

 

 

 

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is what we have to look forward to lol. Great signing, Admin Beinfest must really want his job...

 

 

 

 

Not every trade or signing is supposed to bring in a front line All Star starter... Nobody has said that Cameron is here for anything more than being a backup veteran outfielder who won't do much more than platoon at the most. In that sense, the trade is fine because he's better than Wise and should contribute more than Helms. It's not like he's here to replace Stanton or Morrison.

It is, especially when you were 33-years-old in 2006, right about when a player starts their decline. 38 is a LONG way from 33.

 

But I guess since "YOU" say I should expect Cameron to play impressive defense, because 38 far from 33... this is the part where I replace substance with an annoying emoticon.

 

According to who Professor Rab? You're a fan just like everyone else, I can't simply start to believe what you tell me because you are "Rab."

The second part is less surprising you always seem to make smart ass comments when commenting on my posts, nothing new there. Here > :rolleyes:

 

 

 

??? I honestly am starting to believe you just make things up.

 

He has had limited playing time with the Red Sox the last 2 years and before that he was still a great fielder with the Brewers he had like 5 errors total in 2 years with Milwaukee, omg thats so awful.

 

Why do you think he had limited playing time? Was it because the Red Sox hate good players?

 

Also, errors isn't a good way to measure a player defensively, ESPECIALLY not an OFer.

 

And even if they were, the 4 errors he made in 2009 was the 3rd most for any CFer in the league.

He was injured, which is probably the biggest reason why he wasn't playing good defense, not because he had "aged" which is what you are wanting me to believe.

 

Blah blah blah, errors aren't a bad stat, they measure your defensive ability on normal routinely made plays, there is nothing wrong with errors.

First the age thing:

 

According to who? Well, besides myself, Dr. Rabbert Bethan, with my BS in Rounders Derived Athletics; here is a Sports Illustrated Article about the age 33, with Bill James, the most respected name in baseball analysis on the planet.

 

Now then, as far as defense goes. 40 minutes ago he played great defense with the Brewers and now he played bad defense because of injury? Which one was it, what he great or was he not good? (I'll give you a hint, it's the second one you admitted).

 

As far as smart ass comments, here is one: My uncle always told me as a kid, it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

 

He played very good defense with the Brewers.

 

He played "less than his normal stellar defense" with the Red Sox because of an injury. I personally don't think he played in enough games to say he played bad defense but if you must say that then yes it would be because of his injury issues the last 2 years, not because he is aging.

 

He has played good defense most of his career.

 

Lol, it's like you try to confuse yourself in thinking I said something that I didn't, of all the people here I feel like you misunderstand every post I make and it's really not that hard.

 

Your sig says more than one thing about you, I don't really need to go on anything else, and hell if thats what gets you through life good for you.

This is what we have to look forward to lol. Great signing, Admin Beinfest must really want his job...

 

 

 

 

Not every trade or signing is supposed to bring in a front line All Star starter... Nobody has said that Cameron is here for anything more than being a backup veteran outfielder who won't do much more than platoon at the most. In that sense, the trade is fine because he's better than Wise and should contribute more than Helms. It's not like he's here to replace Stanton or Morrison.

 

So you have a sub .500 ball club and you bring in Mike Cameron???? lol to help do what exactly? More veteran leadership with the mouth like Helms? How bout veteran leadership on the field and with the bat?

 

Vazquez, Buck, Wise, Lopez...Lately Beinfest is a f***ing genius.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.