Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011-2012 Florida Panthers/NHL Thread

Featured Replies

Can't continue to lose in OT. It's bitten us in the ass before and it will bite us in the ass again. Knock it off. If you can't do SOs, that's fine. So win it in regulation or OT.

 

 

I can't be too upset with the loss considering we had to come back down 2-0. It's still a 3 game point streak and give credit to Crawford for making some nice saves.

 

As long as we stick to getting at least 6 points every 5 games, we are in line to nab a playoff spot. We've done that so far and now we need to win 2 of the next 3 games to stay with the trend.

Can't continue to lose in OT. It's bitten us in the ass before and it will bite us in the ass again. Knock it off. If you can't do SOs, that's fine. So win it in regulation or OT.

 

 

I can't be too upset with the loss considering we had to come back down 2-0. It's still a 3 game point streak and give credit to Crawford for making some nice saves.

 

As long as we stick to getting at least 6 points every 5 games, we are in line to nab a playoff spot. We've done that so far and now we need to win 2 of the next 3 games to stay with the trend.

 

yeah we gotta take it to tampa bay on sunday. would really like a win because a loss would make these games sting a little more.

I know Theodore's been solid, but it's rather obvious who the better goaltender is already...

If it's Detroit, I could maaaaybe see a team like NYI coming to the southeast just for media purposes.

 

Detroit and Chicago not being in the same division would just be wrong

  • Author

I know Theodore's been solid, but it's rather obvious who the better goaltender is already...

 

 

... which clearly makes Scott Clemmensen the odd man out. Markstrom/Theodore make a perfect tandem in net for a young goalie who still needs to learn a thing or two. I mean lets be honest... Markstrom is amazing but I know you're noticing the stupid rookie mistakes he's made. Then again, Theo was making those same silly mistakes as well.

 

It's scary to think that Markstrom can clearly be better than he is. Really scary.

 

But that all being said, there should be absolutely no reason to send down Markstrom. Clemmensen has no space on this team.

  • Author

If it's Detroit, I could maaaaybe see a team like NYI coming to the southeast just for media purposes.

 

Detroit and Chicago not being in the same division would just be wrong

 

Yes but Detroit has had dibs on a spot in the Eastern Conference for quite some time now.

If it's Detroit, I could maaaaybe see a team like NYI coming to the southeast just for media purposes.

 

Detroit and Chicago not being in the same division would just be wrong

 

thats what i was thinking. winnipeg to the NW, Minnesota to the central, and nashville to the southeast makes most sense.

  • Author

Nashville to the SE is the only one that makes any sense.

 

But be prepared for things to not make sense. That very well could happen.

 

Be ready for the NHL to make a tactical market move. A Nashville move to the SE would all but destroy that franchise, IMO. Just as the Panthers draw crowd from teams like New York and Montreal in the East, I'm sure Nashville draws from it's Western Central Division foes. The same wont be said for teams from the Southeast. That's just one of the many lil theories as to why realignment might be a little more complex than what simply looks best on a map.

Nashville to the SE is the only one that makes any sense.

 

But be prepared for things to not make sense. That very well could happen.

 

Be ready for the NHL to make a tactical market move. A Nashville move to the SE would all but destroy that franchise, IMO. Just as the Panthers draw crowd from teams like New York and Montreal in the East, I'm sure Nashville draws from it's Western Central Division foes. The same wont be said for teams from the Southeast. That's just one of the many lil theories as to why realignment might be a little more complex than what simply looks best on a map.

 

 

i dont know, i feel like nashville playing against southern teams like florida, tampa bay, and carolina might actually work to create some rivalry. detroit and chicago are probably big draws but st. louis and columbus probably are not.

 

minneapolis is much more similar, in terms of the type of city, to chicago or detroit than nashville is.

  • Author

Thin chance. That's like saying Atlanta would work as a rival. It didn't. St. Louis is still closer. Nashville would be a disaster in the Southeast as a sports market.

 

I don't know where I referenced or why you brought up Minneapolis though :lol

Would hate to lose STL too. Chicago-STL is a great hockey rivalry

 

Should be interesting.

Thin chance. That's like saying Atlanta would work as a rival. It didn't. St. Louis is still closer. Nashville would be a disaster in the Southeast as a sports market.

 

I don't know where I referenced or why you brought up Minneapolis though :lol

 

 

lol i forgot the wild are in st paul but either way they should be in the central.

 

but i have to disagree in that nashville is closest to the southeast not st. louis. i dont see why st louis would work but not nashville.

 

columbus is a litte more east but certainly not south.

  • Author

No I just meant we weren't really discussing the Wild though.

 

And you're misunderstanding me. I never said St. Louis was closer to the SE. I never implied St. Louis would be coming to the SE, either. I said St. Louis is closer to Nashville than Nashville is to the SE.

No I just meant we weren't really discussing the Wild though.

 

And you're misunderstanding me. I never said St. Louis was closer to the SE. I never implied St. Louis would be coming to the SE, either. I said St. Louis is closer to Nashville than Nashville is to the SE.

 

 

well if the jets go the NW the someone will have to move and that should be the wild to the central so that was my main argument. then i remembered they were in st.paul which is basically minneapolis anyway.

 

but either way, i dont think the nhl will want to break up chicago-st.louis-detroit.

 

it will most likely be columbus or nashville will nashville making the most sense.

  • Author

Well I was never debating that. I completely agree that the NW is the best fit for Winnipeg, although the Central could always happen. Although I doubt that. Because really... Colorado has no place in the NW. Which is why I'd imagine that a team is coming out of the central and either Dallas or Colorado is heading to the Central (because Dallas also has no place in the Pacific).

 

Alternatively Dallas could could be heading to the Southeast if you change the Division naming to the 'South'. There's a lot of possibilities, really. But it's going to have a chain reaction with no matter what happens.

  • Author

These TB announcers are batshit stupid.

 

"It's amazing how good the Lightning are at home and how bad they are on the road. 4-1 at home where they've dominated and just two points on the road".

 

Give no heads up to the fact that it's the teams that they've played. The Panthers are why they've lost at home (7-2), and the Panthers are on their way to giving Tampa another road loss (of which the Panthers already beat them 2-1 in the shootout).

 

They completely ignore that we've only played like 12 games in total and a quarter of those have been against the Panthers, who are making Tampa appear so god awful.

wow great way to finish the period. turn a big lead into a nail biter.

 

of course stamkos scores. 9 goals in 9 games.

 

panthers better find some more goals.

I bet the Panthers have the worst record in OT since they went to the 4-4 and shootout. And I bet its not even close.

I bet the Panthers have the worst record in OT since they went to the 4-4 and shootout. And I bet its not even close.

 

 

this is absolutely pathetic.

 

when it was 3-0 i actually felt more unfortable becuase ive seen this too many times.

 

i cannot beleive this. 3 straight shootout loses AND 2 of them on blown leads against division teams.

 

where is dale tallon now? he was quick to strike when it was the 6th game of the season. thats 3 points the panthers should have.

  • Author

Game shouldn't have even gone to OT. It should've been a blowout.

 

But damn... they need to learn how to score in the SO. And Dineen needs to choose better players in the shootout. Versteeg should not have shot. Goc was questionable. Bergenheim was a good choice. Weiss? We know he can't. Santorelli should've been put in there.

  • Author

He's volatile, that's the problem. Him and Gudbranson together are like the duo of polarity.

 

Ellerby has been okay versus what he looked like earlier on. One odd thing about him though that's been bothering me is when he lowers his high hand on the stick to receive a pass on his stick. It's so weird.

The Panthers are 20th in GF and GA. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.