Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011-2012 Florida Panthers/NHL Thread

Featured Replies

  • Author

I beg to differ... between the 7 game series Stanley Cup Final to the rioting in Vancouver followed by a Florida Panther re-overhaul followed by arguably the single largest Free Agency Day in Panther history all mixed in with three dead NHLers followed by the deaths of all 37 KHLers of an entire team roster (a fair share of whom were notable NHLers and former Panthers).

 

In my eyes, it's been the longest off season ever, that needs to end now!

  • Author

Can't make it riding Vokoun's back...

 

Granted you can't win a Stanley Cup without a great goalie...

 

But lets take this one step at a time.

My expectations are in check. I don't expect the team to make the playoffs, but I do expect them to play hard and make the games entertaining to watch.

Can't make it riding Vokoun's back...

 

Granted you can't win a Stanley Cup without a great goalie...

 

But lets take this one step at a time.

 

 

A great team can.

 

Edit: Not that I think this is a great team, just saying. I think they can make the playoffs, for a change? That'd be nice...

  • Author

More than just a great team. An exceptional team can win a Stanley Cup without a great goaltender. But, for the most part, history will tell that the winning team has both a Stanley Cup team and either a goalie who was already good or who shined in the playoffs.

My expectations are in check. I don't expect the team to make the playoffs, but I do expect them to play hard and make the games entertaining to watch.

 

I think they'll finally squeak in with a 7th or 8th seed. They've made a lot of upgrades and its been 11 years, so the odds are in their favor. And I'll be ecstatic if they do so.

  • Author

I wouldn't necessarily say that all of the 'upgrades' they've made are enough.

 

A lot of it was filling in blatant holes. They're not a bottom dweller anymore, but unless they get some serious chemistry running and all of these players live up to their potential we're not looking at a playoff team until guys like Howden, Huberdeau, etc. all develop.

My expectations are in check. I don't expect the team to make the playoffs, but I do expect them to play hard and make the games entertaining to watch.

 

I think they'll finally squeak in with a 7th or 8th seed. They've made a lot of upgrades and its been 11 years, so the odds are in their favor. And I'll be ecstatic if they do so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability

Win or lose, I really want the season to start already.

 

 

Ditto. Although I am interested in how Huberdeau performs. I think it's fair to give him at least the 9 game tryout

  • Author

Nah, if he doesn't make the team (and I'm sure he wont, they'll want that extra year on his ELC come time), they can save those 9 games if they're in a real sh*thole at the end of the season and they need an extra body or two and then they can see how he does.

Clemmensen had knee surgery today.

 

Plante the likely backup to start the season.

WHY NO MARKSTROM?!

 

:(

 

 

Markstrom needs to be playing everyday at the AHL to continue his development. He'd be wasted up here backing up Theodore and possibly getting shelled every game. He still needs time not only continuing to adjust to the NA style of play but also from his surgery.

  • Author

WHY NO MARKSTROM?!

 

:(

 

 

Markstrom needs to be playing everyday at the AHL to continue his development. He'd be wasted up here backing up Theodore and possibly getting shelled every game. He still needs time not only continuing to adjust to the NA style of play but also from his surgery.

 

Oi chief, I know.

 

One sport I don't need a lecture on.

 

#ItalianAccent

  • Author

Reinprecht and Repik were waived today.

 

 

Shocks me that they waived Repik.

 

Obviously Reinprecht was a no brainer.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.