2011-2012 Florida Panthers/NHL Thread

Dr Beinfest

I beg to differ... between the 7 game series Stanley Cup Final to the rioting in Vancouver followed by a Florida Panther re-overhaul followed by arguably the single largest Free Agency Day in Panther history all mixed in with three dead NHLers followed by the deaths of all 37 KHLers of an entire team roster (a fair share of whom were notable NHLers and former Panthers).

In my eyes, it's been the longest off season ever, that needs to end now!

Can't make it riding Vokoun's back...

Granted you can't win a Stanley Cup without a great goalie...

But lets take this one step at a time.

A great team can.

Edit: Not that I think this is a great team, just saying. I think they can make the playoffs, for a change? That'd be nice...

My expectations are in check. I don't expect the team to make the playoffs, but I do expect them to play hard and make the games entertaining to watch.

I think they'll finally squeak in with a 7th or 8th seed. They've made a lot of upgrades and its been 11 years, so the odds are in their favor. And I'll be ecstatic if they do so.

I wouldn't necessarily say that all of the 'upgrades' they've made are enough.

A lot of it was filling in blatant holes. They're not a bottom dweller anymore, but unless they get some serious chemistry running and all of these players live up to their potential we're not looking at a playoff team until guys like Howden, Huberdeau, etc. all develop.

My expectations are in check. I don't expect the team to make the playoffs, but I do expect them to play hard and make the games entertaining to watch.

I think they'll finally squeak in with a 7th or 8th seed. They've made a lot of upgrades and its been 11 years, so the odds are in their favor. And I'll be ecstatic if they do so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability

WHY NO MARKSTROM?!

:(

Markstrom needs to be playing everyday at the AHL to continue his development. He'd be wasted up here backing up Theodore and possibly getting shelled every game. He still needs time not only continuing to adjust to the NA style of play but also from his surgery.

WHY NO MARKSTROM?!

:(

Markstrom needs to be playing everyday at the AHL to continue his development. He'd be wasted up here backing up Theodore and possibly getting shelled every game. He still needs time not only continuing to adjust to the NA style of play but also from his surgery.

Oi chief, I know.

One sport I don't need a lecture on.

#ItalianAccent