December 11, 201114 yr Ken_Rosenthal: Source: Braun tested positive for a prohibited substance, not a performance-enhancing drug. More coming on FOXSports.com. #Brewers #MLB
December 11, 201114 yr This is gonna be interesting. Did he or didn't he have elevated testosterone levels? You know if this is a false report Braun is gonna be pissed. Looking for heads to roll.
December 11, 201114 yr Hopefully we'll find out what these "highly unusual circumstances" are. Exoneration would be the ultimate Hanukkah present.
December 11, 201114 yr I knew I was right to without a condemning/supporting comment, and I'm gonna continue to do so for now.
December 11, 201114 yr Prohibitive substance? .... so.... Ryan Braun just toked a little before games? I mean hell, Doc Ellis threw a no-hitter while on LSD in the 70's.
December 11, 201114 yr here's more btw: http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Ryan-Braun-positive-drug-test-possible-50-game-suspension-121111
December 11, 201114 yr Prohibitive substance? .... so.... Ryan Braun just toked a little before games? I mean hell, Doc Ellis threw a no-hitter while on LSD in the 70's. LOL. The Dock Ellis no-hitter is one of my favorite stories in baseball history.
December 11, 201114 yr Most of the time when players get caught, they are getting busted for masking substances or things they take when they are coming off of a steroid cycle. Remember that Manny never tested positive for an actual PED in 2009. I believe the same thing happened with Paulino back in 2010.
December 11, 201114 yr I'll never understand why people lionize athletes. It seems so naive. I get more annoyed when people are so quick to give Braun the benefit of the doubt.
December 11, 201114 yr I'll never understand why people lionize athletes. It seems so naive. I get more annoyed when people are so quick to give Braun the benefit of the doubt. I think the two emotions are related. Look at the people in this thread saying "I never thought Braun would get caught!" He's a human being, he has flaws, he makes mistakes. You don't have to absolve him of guilt, but you don't have to believe he's innocent simply because you like him.
December 12, 201114 yr Ryan Braun Tested Positive For Prohibited Substance By Mike Axisa [December 11 at 5:21pm CST] 5:21pm: According to a source familiar with the case, Braun's original test for performance-enhancing drugs was "insanely high, the highest ever for anyone who has ever taken a test, twice the level of the highest test ever taken," writes Teri Thompson of the New York Daily News. 3:55pm: Yahoo's Jeff Passan reports (in these five Twitter links) that baseball's new CBA contains a provision stating that if a player tests positive for a banned substance, the drug will be publicly announced. The Players' Union could contest the announcement, as Braun's test was conducted under the old CBA, which prevented that information from becoming public. Experts say that false positives are nearly impossible under the carbon-isotope testing performed by WADA. His source also confirmed that MLB has never lost an arbitration case with PEDs. Ultimately, Passan says it's unlikely Braun's appeal will stand, and we'll probably learn which substance Braun tested for.
December 12, 201114 yr It's worth mentioning that Manny Ramirez was also not caught for PEDs but for a PED masking agent.
December 12, 201114 yr personally I don't give a damn if a player takes PED's or not. people want to act like this is the only time players have used substances to up their game throughout history while they look back to baseball's "Golden Age" as some ultimate clean era where every player was a choir boy.
December 12, 201114 yr personally I don't give a damn if a player takes PED's or not. people want to act like this is the only time players have used substances to up their game throughout history while they look back to baseball's "Golden Age" as some ultimate clean era where every player was a choir boy. But now, it's clearly against the rules, and the game appears mostly clean. That's a straw man.
December 19, 201114 yr http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111219&content_id=26195328&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb From MLB.com: Braun's positive drug test may stem from private medical issue. Kind of weird that MLB.com is using TMZ as its source.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.