Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryan Braun tested positive for PEDs

Featured Replies

I love watching him hit. Was hoping when I heard PED it would be some pre work out sup but damn synthetic testosterone. Can't really argue that it's BS.

 

Sources say he knew about the test results about a month before he received the MVP.

I guess there isn't a chance that this came up because of something else he took, right?

 

Dammit Braun...

I'm not so ready to cast stones. Having asthma, I know some perfectly legitimate drugs with legitimate uses have Steroids in them. As such, I want to hear more before I condemn or defend him.

I'm sure all the girls on this forum are going to cut my head off for saying this, but I actually can't stand Ryan Braun, so this makes me laugh quite a bit.

I'm pretty disappointed. I love Ryan Braun. =[

 

 

This. I really felt like Braun was one of those guys we'd never hear steroid rumors about. I shouldn't have thought this way, but I did.

 

It's a shame. Kinda shows that it's gonna be hard to trust any player out there anymore.

I'm not so ready to cast stones. Having asthma, I know some perfectly legitimate drugs with legitimate uses have Steroids in them. As such, I want to hear more before I condemn or defend him.

 

Those aren't anabolic steroids in asthma drugs. Not all steroids are the same. In Braun's case, there are no possible excuses.

 

Those legitimate uses are mostly corticosteroids, which aren't the types of steroids Braun took.

I'm not so ready to cast stones. Having asthma, I know some perfectly legitimate drugs with legitimate uses have Steroids in them. As such, I want to hear more before I condemn or defend him.

 

Those aren't anabolic steroids in asthma drugs. Not all steroids are the same. In Braun's case, there are no possible excuses.

 

Those legitimate uses are mostly corticosteroids, which aren't the types of steroids Braun took.

 

Still I didn't see the story name anabolic steroids. I'm still waiting out for more info.

I'm not so ready to cast stones. Having asthma, I know some perfectly legitimate drugs with legitimate uses have Steroids in them. As such, I want to hear more before I condemn or defend him.

 

Those aren't anabolic steroids in asthma drugs. Not all steroids are the same. In Braun's case, there are no possible excuses.

 

Those legitimate uses are mostly corticosteroids, which aren't the types of steroids Braun took.

 

Still I didn't see the story name anabolic steroids. I'm still waiting out for more info.

Excessive levels of synthetic testosterone can only mean one thing.

Hanley will still get more sh*t for nothing than braun will for PEDs.

 

 

Braun cared so much for his team and the city of Milwaukee that he sacrificed his image and took PEDs for the good of the Brewers.

 

Hanley tried to field a tough play and dislocated his shoulder. Prick.

One of my favorite non-Marlins, and one of the guys I thought for sure would be clean for his whole career.

 

Baseball cynicism is increasing... :/

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I despise when crap like this happens and players are caught using PEDs. To me their reputation is tarnished and I find it disgraceful to the clean players of past and present.

 

Braun will have his chance at the appeal so we will see what happens.

I was speechless when I first heard (which is saying something for me), and I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. How could Braun be so stupid and/or careless? Was it the pressure of his lucrative contract? If this were the NCAA that MVP award would be snatched away immediately. Of course, this is Major League Baseball and he will get a 50-game suspension. So this offseason is now extra painful for Brewers fans. He's arguing an invalid test, but he has a pretty uphill battle to fight with that one.

 

I wonder what Matt Kemp thinks about all this.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.