Pre-reporting workouts in Jupiter

Hollyberry

Somebody's gotta tell Zambrano he's on the team & doesn't have to peek through a little hole to watch the rest of the team practice...

Just chillin...

Everybody look at the guy to your right. Now look at the guy to your left. Chances are only 1 of you 3 are gonna make the club. You guys gotta work your but's off if you wanna make this team... ;)

Zambrano brushed back Guillen on a pitch during practice today...Haha, good stuff.

JUPITER, Fla. (AP) — Carlos Zambrano says his spring training is off to a good start as he tries to come back from the worst year of his career.

The three-time All-Star's first throwing session Wednesday included plenty of strikes and one brushback pitch — to Ozzie Guillen. The Miami Marlins' manager was leaning on a bat near home plate, watching Zambrano work, when a fastball came whizzing his way.

Guillen let out a yelp and dodged the pitch with a frantic skip.

Zambrano wore out his welcome with the Chicago Cubs because of a combative personality, so there are likely more brushbacks to come. He had a series of run-ins with teammates, management and umpires before his 11-year career with the Cubs ended last August.

http://www.greenwich...p#photo-2534507

Seems like Showtime is gonna have to edit out a lot of cursing...

That the circus had arrived was clear from the moment the ringmaster stood surrounded by his performers for a few introductory remarks Wednesday. Cameras were rolling. Ozzie Guillen didn’t give a [bleep].

“I expect everybody to have fun. How you have fun? Win [bleep]ing games!� he told his Miami Marlins players as spring training officially began.

Coincidence: The word fun and Guillen’s favorite expletive happen to start with the same letter and share the same monosyllabic punch. If it isn’t an oxymoron to be delightfully profane, Guillen manages, his words blunt as his accent is thick.

He asks for honesty, no, demands it, and used a rather uncommon example of what he means, telling his players that if they are late for a practice or meeting because they are drunk or were with a woman the night before, he wants to know it.

“You lie to me and I find out, we have a problem,� he said.

The low profile, under–the-radar Marlins have disappeared, replaced by glamour and bombast and stars and noise, and the evidence was everywhere you looked at Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter, two hours north of the Marlin’s new ballpark.

http://www.miamihera...llen-leads.html

It's Showtime, I don't think they'll have to. Isn't that an extra pay channel?

You're right. Yes, you have to pay extra for the channel, so I guess they could do whatever they want-which will only make the show that much better...Probably not gonna be proper for little kids to watch though (at least a lot of the scenes with Ozzie).

Buck was really impressed with JJ's throwing session today...Really nice to hear.

Though Johnson's session was short, the way he was throwing immediately caught the attention of catcher John Buck.

"Right after, I went up to him and said, 'You feel good, huh?'" Buck said. "He said, 'Why?' I said, 'That was coming at me pretty easily.' I remember last year, when he was throwing, he was like touchy-feely, taking it easy."

Johnson felt that he was doing the same thing on Wednesday, getting a feel for his pitches. The difference from a year ago was the life on his fastball.

"It was heavy," Buck said of the impact of Johnson's velocity. "Even the first couple kind of handcuffed me, because I was expecting him just going through the motions like he did in his first few bullpens last year.

"As soon as I felt those first few pitches, I was like, 'He's feeling better.' I was kind of excited about that."

http://miami.marlins...ws_mia&c_id=mia