5/5 Post Game

Very impressed with Hanley at 3B! Being a 3B myself, I know how hard those barehanders are. He is making it look easy over there and looks like the answer at 3rd for a long time. In fact the whole infield has been awesome! The outfield that's a diff story.

well we should be a little lenient with Hanley over there at 3rd anyway. Most people who actually follow the sport of baseball could tell you it was going to take an adjustment period with Hanley sliding over there and Reyes manning his old position. There will probably still be some hiccups along the way but he does look much better defensively as a 3b than a SS. I just wish his bat would return to its old self. The lollygagging out of the box had me screaming in his first AB. That should have been an EASY double for him.

He should have gone faster but he thought it was out. I don't think he was being lazy.

No, he had a point. You run hard every hit ball, every time. Unlike a certain 3B we had at one time that would hit a grounder and half-way to 1B turn his trot towards the dugout.

He should have gone faster but he thought it was out. I don't think he was being lazy.

Yeah out or in he should have gotten out of the box quicker. You can't really do that at Petco unless your Giancarlo. like you I don't think he was being lazy, just a mental mistake.

Hanley has been been Great at 3rd and been a great sport all year so I can't knock him for that. Just got to hustle your balls out especially at these bigger parks.

Ramirez, for whatever reason, sometimes seems to lose focus.

It's a given that you run your ass off no matter whether you think it's out or not because you don't really know. Every so often, he forgets that and embarrasses himself by getting thrown out.

Which then reminds him of the rule and he doesn't screw-up for a while. At some point, perhaps he'll have actually fully learned the lesson and hustle 100% of the time no matter what he thinks about the ball he hit, but after 6 years you have to wonder.

Meanwhile, he's playing a great 3B. I think he's eventually going to conclude (if he hasn't already) that he's better off at 3B and it's the best thing that could have happened to him. I hope he also finally gets the hustle thing.

I just want Hanley to start hitting the damn ball like last night. He was great last night and played awesome defense and offense. If he can get his bat back, he will be the best third baseman in baseball. Brilliant move to put him at third.