Noob here with a question

SteveD

Hello everyone. I'm from Illinois and I have been considering taking in a Marlins game on my way back home from vacation in the Keys. I have heard one conflicting opinion after another that it is not safe around the ball stadium there in Miami. I would like to make a game there since I'd like to take in a game somewhere every time I go on vacation, but do not know how safe it would be for someone driving around there with an Illinois license plates (obvious tourist). So would I be alright down there around the stadium?

Hello everyone. I'm from Illinois and I have been considering taking in a Marlins game on my way back home from vacation in the Keys. I have heard one conflicting opinion after another that it is not safe around the ball stadium there in Miami. I would like to make a game there since I'd like to take in a game somewhere every time I go on vacation, but do not know how safe it would be for someone driving around there with an Illinois license plates (obvious tourist). So would I be alright down there around the stadium?

You're allowed to have plates from other states- no big deal. I live in Chicago and drive down to Miami twice a year.

LOL-Worried about safety because of an out of town license plate? It's not like you're going to Fenway with a Yankees license plate...

Nothing to worry about.

He's not worried because somebody will think he 's a Cubs fan smarty pants. He's worried because he doesn't want to make it obvious that he's out of his environment. Reasonable thing to worry about, but you shouldn't have to.

LOL-Worried about safety because of an out of town license plate? It's not like you're going to Fenway with a Yankees license plate...

Nothing to worry about.

He's not worried because somebody will think he 's a Cubs fan smarty pants. He's worried because he doesn't want to make it obvious that he's out of his environment. Reasonable thing to worry about, but you shouldn't have to.

I thought he was worried because he might get a ticket for having an out of town license plate.

Nothing to worry about.

Thank you brother. You just hit the nail on the head. :banana I have this concern no matter where I go when I leave far away from IL and I've heard bad things about that area from people who have lived in the Miami area, but it sounds like I'll be alright. I usually like to get to games early anyway.

I'm a Cards fan by the way folks. I've lived my entire life about 90 minutes southeast of St Louis. I'm a good 6 hours from Chicago.

In terms of cars, the area is certainly no more dangerous for someone out of state than one in state. There's a lot of out of state people who come into Florida and specifically South Florida, so nobody cares about that kind of stuff.

The area itself is not the nicest area, but much like SunLife Stadium, despite not being such a nice area you're not really in any sort of danger.

I'm comig down in June.

Just got done added the mounted machine guns to my car and installed a hidden compartment for my blow, so I dont have to leave it all in the back seat.

:D

You forgot the box of jelly donuts.

Damnit , I'll have to load up on krispy kremes

I have a Florida Marlins license plate-Do I need to update it to the Miami Marlins before going to the ballpark or am I OK?

You have a restraining order and you're not allowed within 100 yards of the Clevelander. Your license plate is the least of your worries.

I have a Florida Marlins license plate-Do I need to update it to the Miami Marlins before going to the ballpark or am I OK?

You have a restraining order and you're not allowed within 100 yards of the Clevelander. Your license plate is the least of your worries.

Been there. Done that. ;)

Nothing to worry about.

Thank you brother. You just hit the nail on the head. :banana I have this concern no matter where I go when I leave far away from IL and I've heard bad things about that area from people who have lived in the Miami area, but it sounds like I'll be alright. I usually like to get to games early anyway.

I'm a Cards fan by the way folks. I've lived my entire life about 90 minutes southeast of St Louis. I'm a good 6 hours from Chicago.

There is no problem with the area around the ballpark. It's a lower income area, but not unsafe at all. Besides there will be thousands of others at the ballgame, and there is safety in numbers.

Sounds like you got advice from some of those "Miami Haters", who it sometimes seems are much of the rest of the citizens of Florida. If they can put Miami down, they will.

I laughed

I looked at my tat and coffee came out my nose.

Good advice and thank you everyone. I almost decided against going, but you have convinced me to go. I'd like to see as many ballparks as I can in my life and Miami's one of those long distance ones that I may not have another chance to get to. I'm wanting to take in another game somewhere else before season's end, but would have to make plans. Outside of Busch Stadium, I live too far from anywhere else just to get in the car and go. Cubs, Sox, Royals, and Braves are all about 6 hours, Brewers are 7-8 hours, TX Rangers and Tigers are 8-9 hours. Cincy is the next closest behind StL at 5 and a half. Of course, then again,this is a nice number of choices for overnight trips.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.