July 8, 201214 yr Lomo should have been replaced by Scott Cousins. Another piece of idiocy by Ozzie. I think everyone should start to realize LoMo is best at 1B and if he can improve his offensive numbers which he has been doing I think next year's solution would be to play him at 1B not in LF. He is such a liability out there it pains me watching him chase down balls, run into walls, bobble the ball before he throws.
July 8, 201214 yr Thats the point: you have already used Cousin's bat, might as well use his superior glove (to Morrison's anyway). DVH hinted at this during the radio broadcast.
July 8, 201214 yr Guys, it's ok. We have Carlos Lee. There is a part of me that wants Matty D to turn into the next Brooks Robinson, just to illustrate that Beinfest and Hill aren't all that.
July 8, 201214 yr Author Samson is done and so is Ozzie (I think). I don't expect to see Bell closing again for a long time, I hope at least from what twitter is saying. (I don't mean LoMo) If they fire Samson, its only 1/3 of who needs to go. Take Beinfest and Hill too.
July 8, 201214 yr Was this the worst game of the year??? 1) Hanley injures himself on purpose 2) Bell blows up and destroys our lead 3) Ruggiano stank 4) We had 6 walks but our offense was too pathetic to take advantage of it 5) Ozzie showed us yet again why he sucks so much as a manager
July 8, 201214 yr Samson is done and so is Ozzie (I think). I don't expect to see Bell closing again for a long time, I hope at least from what twitter is saying. (I don't mean LoMo) If they fire Samson, its only 1/3 of who needs to go. Take Beinfest and Hill too. I mean they are done with Bell, I wasn't talking about them in general. Samson said bell has reached his limit of 5 blown saves whatever in the hell that means (yes I mean to use poorish grammar).
July 8, 201214 yr Author Lomo should have been replaced by Scott Cousins. Another piece of idiocy by Ozzie. I think everyone should start to realize LoMo is best at 1B and if he can improve his offensive numbers which he has been doing I think next year's solution would be to play him at 1B not in LF. He is such a liability out there it pains me watching him chase down balls, run into walls, bobble the ball before he throws. He is NOT going to 1st base now that Lee is here, so get over that for now.....It's not happening.
July 8, 201214 yr Author Wasn't Loria the one who wanted Bell? Yep and its the job of Beinfest, Samson and Hill to talk him out of that crap.
July 8, 201214 yr Lomo should have been replaced by Scott Cousins. Another piece of idiocy by Ozzie. I think everyone should start to realize LoMo is best at 1B and if he can improve his offensive numbers which he has been doing I think next year's solution would be to play him at 1B not in LF. He is such a liability out there it pains me watching him chase down balls, run into walls, bobble the ball before he throws. He is NOT going to 1st base now that Lee is here, so get over that for now.....It's not happening. I didn't say this year I said next year, Lee won't be here next year. I don't like LoMo in the outfield he doesn't know how to play it, thats not for lack of effort but he's a 1B mold if there ever was one.
July 8, 201214 yr Wasn't Loria the one who wanted Bell? Yep and its the job of Beinfest, Samson and Hill to talk him out of that crap. Yeah, I don't think they're going to go against what their boss says.
July 8, 201214 yr Author I didn't say this year I said next year, Lee won't be here next year. I don't like LoMo in the outfield he doesn't know how to play it, thats not for lack of effort but he's a 1B mold if there ever was one. Sorry didn't see that. And yes LoMo at 1st next year would be okay, but you know, he wasn't lights out when he was playing a lot of 1st earlier this year. He didn't look special over there.
July 8, 201214 yr I just can't believe how any games bell has cost us. We all battle through these games as fans and this is what we get.
July 8, 201214 yr I've never heard of a "lights out" fielder, ever. :| But, still. Morrison is much better at first than in left.
July 8, 201214 yr Wasn't Loria the one who wanted Bell? YES! That's why this franchise is in more trouble than we think. Owners should not be involved with personel decisions until it needs to be approved because of money. That's why the baseball on the field is a mess and will stay a mess because he's not going to get fired.
July 8, 201214 yr Hanley hurt his hand punching a fan. Another classic Hanley being Hanley moment. Seems like the time of year where they usually happen.
July 8, 201214 yr Author Wasn't Loria the one who wanted Bell? Yep and its the job of Beinfest, Samson and Hill to talk him out of that crap. Yeah, I don't think they're going to go against what their boss says. If he fires them, and they are worth anything they will find other jobs. If they can't, then it's not a bad thing they are gone. If Loria is such a bad owner that he is that much of a meglomanic then don't expect too much from this franchise unless they just happen to get lucky (like 2003)
July 8, 201214 yr Author I just can't believe how any games bell has cost us. We all battle through these games as fans and this is what we get. and this is why you'll see more and more empty seats at the stadium. Loria needed this to be a BIG year and it looks like the whole thing is blowing up in his face. How will he react to this ? I am afraid to know......
July 8, 201214 yr Some of you act like you've been godamned fortune tellers and were expecting these guys,who have been great the past few year, to suck.
July 8, 201214 yr Author I've never heard of a "lights out" fielder, ever. :| But, still. Morrison is much better at first than in left. Agreed but if he doesn't hit better in the 2nd half, he's not worth that much even if he plays at 1st.
July 8, 201214 yr Wasn't Loria the one who wanted Bell? Yep and its the job of Beinfest, Samson and Hill to talk him out of that crap. Yeah, I don't think they're going to go against what their boss says. If he fires them, and they are worth anything they will find other jobs. If they can't, then it's not a bad thing they are gone. If Loria is such a bad owner that he is that much of a meglomanic then don't expect too much from this franchise unless they just happen to get lucky (like 2003) At the same time, none of us [except maybe Erick who noticed his down trend] expected this to happen. Canada-marlin might say he did, but won't have proof. [Jokes, my friend] Seriously, he was the top closer available with a damn good track record the last 3 years. Shit happens, sadly.
July 8, 201214 yr I've never heard of a "lights out" fielder, ever. :| But, still. Morrison is much better at first than in left. Agreed but if he doesn't hit better in the 2nd half, he's not worth that much even if he plays at 1st. He's already hitting better, though. 11 game hitting streak with some power in it.
July 8, 201214 yr Wasn't Loria the one who wanted Bell? Yep and its the job of Beinfest, Samson and Hill to talk him out of that crap. Yeah, I don't think they're going to go against what their boss says. Why not? Cashman talked Steinbrenner out of a lot of FA signings. And Steinbrenner is a heckuva lot more knowledgable owner than the art dealer.
July 8, 201214 yr Wasn't Loria the one who wanted Bell? Yep and its the job of Beinfest, Samson and Hill to talk him out of that crap. Yeah, I don't think they're going to go against what their boss says. Why not? Cashman talked Steinbrenner out of a lot of FA signings. And Steinbrenner is a heckuva lot more knowledgable owner than the art dealer. That's cause Steinbrenner made moves moreso out of anger and whatnot [billy Martin hired and fired 6 times...]
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.