Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7/8 Post Game

Featured Replies

If Ozzie Guillen was not too busy getting drunk after every game (his own admission) he would have the foresight to see that there is only one man on this team who should be closing for us...Steve Cishek. I know Leo Nunez is coming back, but he would be better off in a less stressful role, such as an 8th inning man. I honestly do not see anyone else but Cishek who can step up to the plate

 

link?

haha that cannot possibly be true. (him admitting it, at least)

 

Ozzie Guillen admits he get's drunk after every game: http://www.nbcmiami....-146455145.html

If we handn't added anyone and sucked it wouldn't be so bad. But we added all stars to the team. Proven players and not rule 5 scrubs. Not 1 year deal old ass vets taking one more shot but real and good players to multi year deals. No wash ups like cantu trying to start over. They didn't try to buy a ws ring for one season. And we still suck.

 

The captain hindsights of this board will say they saw it coming. No. You didn't. Sorry, but predicting regression in Reyes, bell, hanley, lomo and pretty much the rest of the team is just not believable. So suck a dick.

 

The new ballpark is amazing. So much hype and expectations. Its the only reason to see a game now imo. I go to a lot of games and i would rather eat and hangout than watch heath bell lose another game.

 

I remember thinking about how the marlins were going to have a really good shot at the postseason. Looking forward to playoff games felt great even though premature. Now I just want this team to save some face and end up over .500 and not in last place.

 

That's why I hate this season. I broke a rule of mine, which is to always expect less than what is realistic. I expected so much more than what was reasonable. Unrealistic expectations is a knife in every unhappy persons back. I let it get me. f***.

 

 

f***ing exactly. Having thought like that makes it suck even more right now. I was gonna fly down in August for a weekend to chill with my cousin and catch a game or 2 but its pretty much like f*** it now, id rather just save my money lol. God I hate the Mets right now...

If Ozzie Guillen was not too busy getting drunk after every game (his own admission) he would have the foresight to see that there is only one man on this team who should be closing for us...Steve Cishek. I know Leo Nunez is coming back, but he would be better off in a less stressful role, such as an 8th inning man. I honestly do not see anyone else but Cishek who can step up to the plate

 

link?

haha that cannot possibly be true. (him admitting it, at least)He said it.

It was said, it's in the first episode of the franchise as well.

Heath Bell leads the Majors in blown saves (tied with Brandon League). Heath Bell has the worst WHIP in the National League for pitchers with 30+ innings pitched. Just atrocious.

 

 

this would be amazing in and of itself, but add to it that he just signed a 3 year 27 million deal....it's astonishing. this has to already rank at the top of the worst performing multi-year deals they have ever handed out.

Heath Bell sucks right now but there comes a point where you have to wonder wtf is Ozzy thinking still throwing him out there. In between Ozzy still having Bell close games and having Hanley in the top third of our line up you have to wonder what goes through this guys head.

Heath Bell sucks right now but there comes a point where you have to wonder wtf is Ozzy thinking still throwing him out there. In between Ozzy still having Bell close games and having Hanley in the top third of our line up you have to wonder what goes through this guys head.

Ozzie's on automatic pilot right now, as far as this season is concerned, he's already checked out. Now he's just trying to prove a point with Beinfest, Samson and Loria about how f***ed up this team is. Showtime will tell all.

Heath Bell sucks right now but there comes a point where you have to wonder wtf is Ozzy thinking still throwing him out there. In between Ozzy still having Bell close games and having Hanley in the top third of our line up you have to wonder what goes through this guys head.

 

 

I'd take Edwin over him. At least Edwin knew what he was doing half the time.

Heath Bell sucks right now but there comes a point where you have to wonder wtf is Ozzy thinking still throwing him out there. In between Ozzy still having Bell close games and having Hanley in the top third of our line up you have to wonder what goes through this guys head.

 

 

I'd take Edwin over him. At least Edwin knew what he was doing half the time.

 

Everybody has bitched about every manager since Joe G, except maybe McKeon.

I was visiting my mom for her birthday and she gets mlb network - we watched the 9th inning... my mom hasn't really followed the marlins since '03 (she was a big Ivan Rodriguez fan), but when Heath Bell came out, she said, "Who the hell is that fat guy?" and before long followed it with "Wow, this guy really sucks..."

Now I have to go to the game on Friday with this cloud hanging over the team and how Heath bell cost us 3 of our last 6 losses.

 

How dare we ever win a series against the cardinals.

 

I would've done anything for solano to knock in those runs in the ninth.

Now I have to go to the game on Friday with this cloud hanging over the team and how Heath bell cost us 3 of our last 5 losses.

 

How dare we ever win a series against the cardinals.

 

I would've done anything for solano to knock in those runs in the ninth.

 

 

Ozzie woulda been a dumb ass and still put Bell in just so that Porky could blow it

Capozzi just retweeted this. Funny.

 

@joecapMARLINS: RT @mitch_702: BELLSUCKS , AND THE ONLY THING HE CAN CLOSE IS A REFRIGERATOR!

 

 

I seriously doubt that. If Heath bell could close the refrigerator, his gut wouldn't be so big.

Capozzi just retweeted this. Funny.

 

@joecapMARLINS: RT @mitch_702: BELLSUCKS , AND THE ONLY THING HE CAN CLOSE IS A REFRIGERATOR!

 

 

I seriously doubt that. If Heath bell could close the refrigerator, his gut wouldn't be so big.

 

When I think of Heath now I don't think of:

 

 

I think of Chet from Weird Science:

Now I have to go to the game on Friday with this cloud hanging over the team and how Heath bell cost us 3 of our last 5 losses.

 

How dare we ever win a series against the cardinals.

 

I would've done anything for solano to knock in those runs in the ninth.

 

 

Ozzie woulda been a dumb ass and still put Bell in just so that Porky could blow it

yeah i really wasn't happy when he didn't go to Choate to face descalso but I think that was because he only had Hayes left.

I can only hope that when Oviedo gets back and if he's closing games that the leocoaster days are over.

 

He has the stuff just has to not overthrow like he did at time and mix up his pitches well. Also use the slider.

 

He didn't always make it easy but he got through it more often than not.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.