Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7/8 Post Game

Featured Replies

  • Author

Not forgetting he got McKeon as well.

 

 

So one experience gives him a free pass for failures in almost every draft, trade and FA signing since then ?

 

You're a cop right ? Say you save someone's life early in your career. Get commendations, key to the city, etc etc.

 

Then you start making mistakes, like getting your partner shot, not staying on your patrol, crime goes up on your beat. Do you think you'd keep your job ?

 

Same with Beinfest, why does he continue to get a free pass, year after year. His complete botching of the Cabrera trade & blowing five 1st round picks in 2005 should have cost him his job then and there.

 

Why you decided to use an example that compares baseball to someone getting shot, I don't have a clue but a simple reference to any job would have worked.

 

Every example you are listing for hating the FO is something that couldn't been predicted. Every team has bust and trades that blow up in their face. Shit happens. During the winter meetings weren't you saying that you won't believe the Marlins untill they start spending money and that they will never spend money.. Now that you spending your bitching about them spending money on high talent players that 2 out of three are PROBABLY having the worst year of their careers, one definately.

 

Untill he starts missing big with a big payroll, he gets a pass for now. Before 2012 he was playing with a low payroll. A Lower payroll means you have to play on the level of high risk players. Hoping to find gold in the creek instead of going to a jewelry store. The fact that we even fielded a few winning teams over those years should mean something.

 

I used that as an example because I believe you are a law enforcement officer - am I correct ?

 

If so, then its pertinent. That is a scenario that CAN happen correct ?

 

As far as the Marlins spending, I didn't believe Loria when he said he would spend money. I was wrong and admitted that later. Seems I am the only person on this board who can never be forgiven - but that's okay.

 

On this issue of Beinfest I still believe I am correct and will eventually be proven right. The man is below average as a GM, and his performance has been less than stellar. Other than the 2nd year here he has done little to nothing to build this team to win, and now when its ready to spend some money on winning, he has done such a horrible job at building the farm system (through his MANY mistakes in the 1st round) that we have the 3rd WORST farm system in MLB. That means the only way to get better is to spend even more money next year. I still am skeptical that Loria has the will to do that, given the disaster his FA signings this year have been. And should he trust Beinfest to be the one to help him in the future ? It depends on whether or not Loria wants to blame Beinfest or not. If he does, I'll bet Beinfest will be gone.

How come the scouting department doesn't get any shit for this? Aren't they the ones who tell Beinfest who to draft? Or at least they give reports saying, "oh, hey, this guy looks amazing, let's take him in the first round!" How come the scouts get a free pass on everything?

Not forgetting he got McKeon as well.

 

 

So one experience gives him a free pass for failures in almost every draft, trade and FA signing since then ?

 

You're a cop right ? Say you save someone's life early in your career. Get commendations, key to the city, etc etc.

 

Then you start making mistakes, like getting your partner shot, not staying on your patrol, crime goes up on your beat. Do you think you'd keep your job ?

 

Same with Beinfest, why does he continue to get a free pass, year after year. His complete botching of the Cabrera trade & blowing five 1st round picks in 2005 should have cost him his job then and there.

 

Why you decided to use an example that compares baseball to someone getting shot, I don't have a clue but a simple reference to any job would have worked.

 

Every example you are listing for hating the FO is something that couldn't been predicted. Every team has bust and trades that blow up in their face. Shit happens. During the winter meetings weren't you saying that you won't believe the Marlins untill they start spending money and that they will never spend money.. Now that you spending your bitching about them spending money on high talent players that 2 out of three are PROBABLY having the worst year of their careers, one definately.

 

Untill he starts missing big with a big payroll, he gets a pass for now. Before 2012 he was playing with a low payroll. A Lower payroll means you have to play on the level of high risk players. Hoping to find gold in the creek instead of going to a jewelry store. The fact that we even fielded a few winning teams over those years should mean something.

 

I used that as an example because I believe you are a law enforcement officer - am I correct ?

 

If so, then its pertinent. That is a scenario that CAN happen correct ?

 

As far as the Marlins spending, I didn't believe Loria when he said he would spend money. I was wrong and admitted that later. Seems I am the only person on this board who can never be forgiven - but that's okay.

 

On this issue of Beinfest I still believe I am correct and will eventually be proven right. The man is below average as a GM, and his performance has been less than stellar. Other than the 2nd year here he has done little to nothing to build this team to win, and now when its ready to spend some money on winning, he has done such a horrible job at building the farm system (through his MANY mistakes in the 1st round) that we have the 3rd WORST farm system in MLB. That means the only way to get better is to spend even more money next year. I still am skeptical that Loria has the will to do that, given the disaster his FA signings this year have been. And should he trust Beinfest to be the one to help him in the future ? It depends on whether or not Loria wants to blame Beinfest or not. If he does, I'll bet Beinfest will be gone.

 

To your first point yes I am but comparing a game to a life and death situation was completely unnecessary and not something i take lightly. Im not a simple minded person and could have gotten the point you were tryin to make if you simply equated a "job" in generic terms. Yes if someone is making mistakes then action should be taken but basically your view of the mistakes Beinfest has made are more severe then others.

 

2nd, I bring up your talk about the money situation because you were complaining about the FO just throwng money at everyone. Do you not realize that the FO put money to the best free agents possible that we're available?. If he hadn't spent money, you would have been blaming them anyway for not doing anything as usual. It's like they can't win ever but they can surely be wrong

 

3rd- the farm system has vey little to no impact on our struggles this season. Big name players are faltering. It happens. Pujols wasn't great to start the year either.

So now its his home life that is screwing him up. If you guys guess enough I'm sure you'll find the right reason.

 

Consider the source.

 

Consider your groin punched.

  • Author

3rd- the farm system has vey little to no impact on our struggles this season. Big name players are faltering. It happens. Pujols wasn't great to start the year either.

 

 

I completely disagree. Some would say that bringing up Willis and Cabrera SAVED the 2003 season. We have no one close to coming up to salvage this season. It's sink or swim with what we have.

3rd- the farm system has vey little to no impact on our struggles this season. Big name players are faltering. It happens. Pujols wasn't great to start the year either.

 

 

I completely disagree. Some would say that bringing up Willis and Cabrera SAVED the 2003 season. We have no one close to coming up to salvage this season. It's sink or swim with what we have.

 

So even if we did, do you bench Hanley or Reyes for a new rookie? Lomo has been heating up and had no real reason to believe he wouldnt atleast get better than he was and Kearns and Dobbs have filled in nicely when needed Boni was our plan and I would say Ruggiano stepped in to that position just fine. Stanton injury definately hurt, They made a move to shore up Gaby's position. Infante has been fine.

Reyes and Hanley are underperforming but you dont pull them out for an unknown. Bucks position you might could platoon with Realmuto but if he was ready but thats it really.

3rd- the farm system has vey little to no impact on our struggles this season. Big name players are faltering. It happens. Pujols wasn't great to start the year either.

 

 

I completely disagree. Some would say that bringing up Willis and Cabrera SAVED the 2003 season. We have no one close to coming up to salvage this season. It's sink or swim with what we have.

 

So even if we did, do you bench Hanley or Reyes for a new rookie? Lomo has been heating up and had no real reason to believe he wouldnt atleast get better than he was and Kearns and Dobbs have filled in nicely when needed Boni was our plan and I would say Ruggiano stepped in to that position just fine. Stanton injury definately hurt, They made a move to shore up Gaby's position. Infante has been fine.

Reyes and Hanley are underperforming but you dont pull them out for an unknown. Bucks position you might could platoon with Realmuto but if thats it really.

Realmuto isn't close to ready yet. He's in High A with a .704 OPS.

3rd- the farm system has vey little to no impact on our struggles this season. Big name players are faltering. It happens. Pujols wasn't great to start the year either.

 

 

I completely disagree. Some would say that bringing up Willis and Cabrera SAVED the 2003 season. We have no one close to coming up to salvage this season. It's sink or swim with what we have.

 

So even if we did, do you bench Hanley or Reyes for a new rookie? Lomo has been heating up and had no real reason to believe he wouldnt atleast get better than he was and Kearns and Dobbs have filled in nicely when needed Boni was our plan and I would say Ruggiano stepped in to that position just fine. Stanton injury definately hurt, They made a move to shore up Gaby's position. Infante has been fine.

Reyes and Hanley are underperforming but you dont pull them out for an unknown. Bucks position you might could platoon with Realmuto but if thats it really.

Realmuto isn't close to ready yet. He's in High A with a .704 OPS.

 

Yeah I know, I didnt finish my post before I sent. My wife came home and i still had chores to do before she walked in. Thats why the last sentence sucks. married life.

Yeah I know, I didnt finish my post before I sent. My wife came home and i still had chores to do before she walked in. Thats why the last sentence sucks. married life.

 

So you're saying your performance sucked because of your home life. Are you Heath Bell?

Yeah I know, I didnt finish my post before I sent. My wife came home and i still had chores to do before she walked in. Thats why the last sentence sucks. married life.

 

So you're saying your performance sucked because of your home life. Are you Heath Bell?

 

Yes, I am the Heath Bell.

Yeah I know, I didnt finish my post before I sent. My wife came home and i still had chores to do before she walked in. Thats why the last sentence sucks. married life.

 

So you're saying your performance sucked because of your home life. Are you Heath Bell?

 

Yes, I am the Heath Bell.

coo-coo-ca-choo

  • Author

3rd- the farm system has vey little to no impact on our struggles this season. Big name players are faltering. It happens. Pujols wasn't great to start the year either.

 

 

I completely disagree. Some would say that bringing up Willis and Cabrera SAVED the 2003 season. We have no one close to coming up to salvage this season. It's sink or swim with what we have.

 

So even if we did, do you bench Hanley or Reyes for a new rookie? Lomo has been heating up and had no real reason to believe he wouldnt atleast get better than he was and Kearns and Dobbs have filled in nicely when needed Boni was our plan and I would say Ruggiano stepped in to that position just fine. Stanton injury definately hurt, They made a move to shore up Gaby's position. Infante has been fine.

Reyes and Hanley are underperforming but you dont pull them out for an unknown. Bucks position you might could platoon with Realmuto but if he was ready but thats it really.

 

If you have players that can make that kind of possible impact, you make room for them. Even if it is platooning them at 1st. Then when you are sure they can be the impact players you can count on full time, then you try to deal the "star" players for prospects & payroll relief in order to get in a better payroll position for the future.

 

The facts are for us, because of Beinfest's failures we have nothing in our farm system to impact and save our season from within our system. That means no real impact to boost the team for the 2nd half.....it's sink or swim more or less with what we have for this year.

 

And because this year has been such a disaster, will Loria have the guts to spend even more money next off-season ? He will have to do it via Free Agency, again because Beinfest has not been effective in building our system. That means once again we have to overpay.

 

The front office, whether it be Loria or Beinfest and his crew, did not have any backup plan. Their arrogance once again has shown its ugly head.

Arrogance?

 

The only arrogance evident is yours, in that you think you know what you're talking about.

 

After about 200 posts endlessly trashing Beinfest, et al, we get it.

 

You don't like Beinfest. Or Loria. Or anyone in the FO. Or the scouts. Or how they draft. Or their trades. Or their prospects. Or the current bunch of players that are the result of all of the years of mismanagement that you claim.

 

Perhaps you should become a Cubs fan. 103 years of failure is more amenable to your sort of back-seat driving.

Arrogance?

 

The only arrogance evident is yours, in that you think you know what you're talking about.

 

After about 200 posts endlessly trashing Beinfest, et al, we get it.

 

You don't like Beinfest. Or Loria. Or anyone in the FO. Or the scouts. Or how they draft. Or their trades. Or their prospects. Or the current bunch of players that are the result of all of the years of mismanagement that you claim.

 

Perhaps you should become a Cubs fan. 103 years of failure is more amenable to your sort of back-seat driving.

 

I'm starting to agree with you more often lately.

Not that that means anything.

What we've learned today:

 

Smart teams promote good minor league prospects to platoon them with their star players and then trade said star players for prospects when the rookie shows some skills.

What we've learned today:

 

Smart teams promote good minor league prospects to platoon them with their star players and then trade said star players for prospects when the rookie shows some skills.

 

New Moneyball!

Buck, Ramirez, and Reyes need to move towards their career averages, Bonifacio needs to come back. Our offensive woes will fall by the wayside just from that.

Here is an idea, LoMo and rugs stay hot the rest of the season, boni has 60 stolen bases the rest of the year, jj has 2 perfect games, buerhle has 8 complete game shutouts, Big Z wins every single start remaining, nolasco doesn't have a bad start the rest of the season, and for kicks and giggles Lee becomes the all-star slugger he was at the beginning of the his career. I think if all of those things happen we win the world series.

It's quite simple, if they just solve the closer situation they'll be fine. The team can't play much worse than this and even with that, if the closer is just average they are in the wild card race. I got to believe that a lot of these underachieving players will improve if even just a little, and the closer position will be better because they will not let Bell ruin games anymore. So I feel some what optimistic.

I want so much to like Heath Bell because it's obvious he's a good man. But right now he's beyond awful and i can't accept a man single handedly causing the team 6-10 victories in he first half of a season. A man that was payed 9 million dollars.

I want so much to like Heath Bell because it's obvious he's a good man. But right now he's beyond awful and i can't accept a man single handedly causing the team 6-10 victories in he first half of a season. A man that was payed 9 million dollars.

 

Why is he a good man? Because he refuses to take responsibility and consistently deflects? Because he moved away from his family and sick father (IIRC) to make more money (even acknowledging that said money can be for his family's benefit)?

 

Feel free to give some examples, but his alleged religious beliefs are not enough if that's all ya got.

Bell, with more of his usual passive-aggressive nonsense:

 

“I throw hard, but I’m not a pitcher that can just rear back and throw 96 [mph] and get everybody out,� Bell said. “I’ve got to throw my curveball. I’ve got to throw my two-seam fastball. I’ve got to throw my changeup.

 

“I’m not going to say anything bad about our catchers, and I’m not going to say anything about our situations calling games. I’m not going to call anybody else out. The thing is I just feel like I have to execute my pitches a little bit more. But I think there’s more to it.�

 

Buck is having none of it. He sounds a little ticked-off, as well he should be:

 

Catcher John Buck said if Bell is insinuating pitch sequence is what is hurting him, the closer can always shake off what he calls.

 

“It is his game,� Buck said. “He’s got a head on his neck, so he can shake. Otherwise, if you’re that good of a pitcher, go ahead and throw a strike when I call it.�

 

http://www.miamihera...-continues.html

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.