Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7/8 Post Game

Featured Replies

Why Edwin? McKeon is the one I miss.

 

Overall I don't think the manager makes a big difference, but I think that McKeon would have definitely kicked Bell out of the closer's role by now. And if that had been done, I absolutely think that the Marlins would have a measurably better W-L record.

 

Ozzie is a loose cannon and yells a lot, but I don't think that he has McKeon's balls. I know it's just speculation, but I have trouble thinking that if Jack has a history of pulling relievers in the middle of ABs that he would really just sit there and watch Bell blow game after game.

 

Ozzie just seems to make excuses for Bell and has the blind hope that he becomes lights out again. One of the reasons why I was apprehensive about bringing Ozzie to Miami was the way he handled Bobby Jenks sucking in 2010. Now he didn't suck nearly as bad as Bell has, but he did stumble a lot in the closer's role. Ozzie--I kid you not--literally used our two favorite phrases "He's my guy" and "this is a better team with Jenks as closer."

 

 

I'd love to see Ozzie enjoying some suds in the dugout DURING the game much like trader jack did in Oakland smoking that cigar in Oakland by the no smoking sign. (although I think it was pregame)

 

The marlins spent 27 million on the guy, and his personal life must be in the crapper with his wife and kids in SD and his father in failing health, you don't just pour more pain and misery on his life with a demotion when he HAD been proven. Send him home for a bit to be content until the end of the season.

 

Ozzie should just go crazy already- and Beinfest should make a few trades and sign Bobby Jenks to have Ozzies mind reeling- which one is gonna be his guy.

 

K-Rod is available- why not?

 

Deplete the farm except for Yelich- get'r done!

 

I have absolutely no pity for this guy. I don't care what is going on with his family. Cabin your personal life and do your job.

 

The only way Bell wins his way back in my mind is to donate this year's salary to charity. It won't make up for the f*** ups, but it will show me that he truly feels remorse for his horrendous year.

 

Then you have no heart-

 

I'm not excusing his performance- im feeling sorry for the guy on a human level-

 

Move 3000 miles from your family, have your father in failing health while you travel 15 days every month and then get back to me.

 

I'm sure your professional life will be in the toilet too. One of those I can understand resentment- both of them I can truly feel sorry for him.

 

Money doesn't always make people whole.

Deplete the farm except for Yelich- get'r done!

 

And Fernandez.

Unless we get Greinke, no. Lol

We need to keep Fernandez! D:

 

You can keep A Fernandez, me. Settled?

Deplete the farm except for Yelich- get'r done!

 

And Fernandez.

Unless we get Greinke, no. Lol

We need to keep Fernandez! D:

 

You can keep A Fernandez, me. Settled?

Jose Fernandez. The one in Jupiter.

Also, I think that demoting him to the back of the bullpen probably benefits him by having him the opportunity to figure his stuff out. I'd also think that the "humiliation" of losing the closer's role would sting far less than the pain of blowing the game every other day, which just enrages the fans and probably his teammates even more.

Jose Fernandez. The one in Jupiter.

 

Then I concede defeat- well send them a Mike instead, Mike Checkmanek ok?

Also, I think that demoting him to the back of the bullpen probably benefits him by having him the opportunity to figure his stuff out. I'd also think that the "humiliation" of losing the closer's role would sting far less than the pain of blowing the game every other day, which just enrages the fans and probably his teammates even more.

 

 

What's best for him is to end up on the DL with back fatigue or a hang nail and get a 15 day vacation with a minors rehab stint- just do he can take care of his personal life.

 

Demoting him to te bullpen will hurt his pride- doing it in a sneaky way like the DL will let him keep what little he has left.

 

He can't fix his season here, we aren't a charity softball team-

 

Just hit me too - he lost his SD pitching coach and friend to cancer too- sucks for him right now.

Also, I think that demoting him to the back of the bullpen probably benefits him by having him the opportunity to figure his stuff out. I'd also think that the "humiliation" of losing the closer's role would sting far less than the pain of blowing the game every other day, which just enrages the fans and probably his teammates even more.

 

 

What's best for him is to end up on the DL with back fatigue or a hang nail and get a 15 day vacation with a minors rehab stint- just do he can take care of his personal life.

 

Demoting him to te bullpen will hurt his pride- doing it in a sneaky way like the DL will let him keep what little he has left.

 

He can't fix his season here, we aren't a charity softball team-

 

Just hit me too - he lost his SD pitching coach and friend to cancer too- sucks for him right now.

Now you are just being silly. What in his personal life needs to be "taken care of?" How do you have any idea that he thinks it would be best for him to leave the ballclub?

 

And don't you think that telling him to go on vacation for a bogus reason is just as capable of wounding his pride as demoting his bullpen role?

 

This makes little sense even by your standards.

Also, I think that demoting him to the back of the bullpen probably benefits him by having him the opportunity to figure his stuff out. I'd also think that the "humiliation" of losing the closer's role would sting far less than the pain of blowing the game every other day, which just enrages the fans and probably his teammates even more.

 

 

What's best for him is to end up on the DL with back fatigue or a hang nail and get a 15 day vacation with a minors rehab stint- just do he can take care of his personal life.

 

Demoting him to te bullpen will hurt his pride- doing it in a sneaky way like the DL will let him keep what little he has left.

 

He can't fix his season here, we aren't a charity softball team-

 

Just hit me too - he lost his SD pitching coach and friend to cancer too- sucks for him right now.

"You suck right now so stop pitching for a while and see if that helps."

 

Yeah, makes much more sense than putting him in the back of the pen and letting him work his stuff out, like penguino said.

Also, I think that demoting him to the back of the bullpen probably benefits him by having him the opportunity to figure his stuff out. I'd also think that the "humiliation" of losing the closer's role would sting far less than the pain of blowing the game every other day, which just enrages the fans and probably his teammates even more.

 

 

What's best for him is to end up on the DL with back fatigue or a hang nail and get a 15 day vacation with a minors rehab stint- just do he can take care of his personal life.

 

Demoting him to te bullpen will hurt his pride- doing it in a sneaky way like the DL will let him keep what little he has left.

 

He can't fix his season here, we aren't a charity softball team-

 

Just hit me too - he lost his SD pitching coach and friend to cancer too- sucks for him right now.

Now you are just being silly. What in his personal life needs to be "taken care of?" How do you have any idea that he thinks it would be best for him to leave the ballclub?

 

And don't you think that telling him to go on vacation for a bogus reason is just as capable of wounding his pride as demoting his bullpen role?

 

This makes little sense even by your standards.

He needs to take care of his personal life so he's content and ready to perform when he comes back-

 

And I swear to go when I see you im going to punch you in the dick- because I'm silly like that.

Bell complained a while back that "nobody has his back." Giving him a 15 day vacation for a fake injury is probably the worst "solution" to the problem.

 

And I certainly hope his personal problems aren't being passed off as some kind of excuse for his bad pitching.

Also, I think that demoting him to the back of the bullpen probably benefits him by having him the opportunity to figure his stuff out. I'd also think that the "humiliation" of losing the closer's role would sting far less than the pain of blowing the game every other day, which just enrages the fans and probably his teammates even more.

 

 

What's best for him is to end up on the DL with back fatigue or a hang nail and get a 15 day vacation with a minors rehab stint- just do he can take care of his personal life.

 

Demoting him to te bullpen will hurt his pride- doing it in a sneaky way like the DL will let him keep what little he has left.

 

He can't fix his season here, we aren't a charity softball team-

 

Just hit me too - he lost his SD pitching coach and friend to cancer too- sucks for him right now.

"You suck right now so stop pitching for a while and see if that helps."

 

Yeah, makes much more sense than putting him in the back of the pen and letting him work his stuff out, like penguino said.

 

Believe it or not- a upside down personal life can effect you professionally and vice versa,

He needs a mental break/ not more practice

Bell complained a while back that "nobody has his back." Giving him a 15 day vacation for a fake injury is probably the worst "solution" to the problem.

 

And I certainly hope his personal problems aren't being passed off as some kind of excuse for his bad pitching.

 

 

He hasn't said it- but you can see he's not happy like he was in SD or early in ST, he looks like a miserable Fat F**k out there, and that's uglier to look at then a crying clown.

 

It's not uncommon for players to need to take a mental break/ Dtrain, Greinke, and there was a OF earlier this year too.

With a pitcher that gets the job done we get at the very least 7 more wins heading into the All-Star break. And now Bell is in Disney Land having a good ole time getting payed tons of money. Bell should pay us for the hell he's put these fans that love this team and are behind this team.

With a pitcher that gets the job done we get at the very least 7 more wins heading into the All-Star break. And now Bell is in Disney Land having a good ole time getting payed tons of money. Bell should pay us for the hell he's put these fans that love this team and are behind this team.

 

 

If him going to disney fixes him for the stretch run then let him go.

 

At this point if cocaine would help him I wouldn't care.

 

One thing we all can agree on is he needs help

Bell complained a while back that "nobody has his back." Giving him a 15 day vacation for a fake injury is probably the worst "solution" to the problem.

 

And I certainly hope his personal problems aren't being passed off as some kind of excuse for his bad pitching.

 

 

What a selfish dick. Its pretty obvious Ozzie has his back. He's been given more than a fair share of chances. I guess "having his back" is more important than having the team win and pissing EVERYONE off. The people on this team aren't stupid. They know when a guy is handed a job he doesn't deserve.

Bell complained a while back that "nobody has his back." Giving him a 15 day vacation for a fake injury is probably the worst "solution" to the problem.

 

And I certainly hope his personal problems aren't being passed off as some kind of excuse for his bad pitching.

 

 

He hasn't said it- but you can see he's not happy like he was in SD or early in ST, he looks like a miserable Fat F**k out there, and that's uglier to look at then a crying clown.

 

It's not uncommon for players to need to take a mental break/ Dtrain, Greinke, and there was a OF earlier this year too.

 

That's because he sucks now. Tough to be happy when you suck.

So now its his home life that is screwing him up. If you guys guess enough I'm sure you'll find the right reason.

 

 

 

"My home life in unsatisfying."

Maybe he thinks his teammates have better looking asses so he's gonna shove it up theirs instead.

I am reminded of the disclaimer on every mutual fund: "past results are no guarantee of future performance"

 

But that also works the other way. The fact that he stinks right now does not guarantee that he will continue to stink.

  • Author

So pretty much it's fair to say both had a heavy hand in creating the winning team and neither myself or Old timer is completely correct.

 

No, OT seems to have some sort of delusional fixation on Bienfest and the FO in general.

 

Bienfest is evil, 'cause OT says so.

 

He's not EVIL. I just believe he's incompetent.

  • Author

Not forgetting he got McKeon as well.

 

 

So one experience gives him a free pass for failures in almost every draft, trade and FA signing since then ?

 

You're a cop right ? Say you save someone's life early in your career. Get commendations, key to the city, etc etc.

 

Then you start making mistakes, like getting your partner shot, not staying on your patrol, crime goes up on your beat. Do you think you'd keep your job ?

 

Same with Beinfest, why does he continue to get a free pass, year after year. His complete botching of the Cabrera trade & blowing five 1st round picks in 2005 should have cost him his job then and there.

 

Old timer- PLEASE tell me where the hell he said Beinfest deserves a pass.

 

I don't think I missed him saying that.

 

Then why the love for this guy ? The Marlins can do better than Beinfest. It's frustrating watching other teams building their franchises up and we stay mired in mediocrity at best, year after year. Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing time after time and expecting a different result". We've watched this man operate the same way for years now, and the result is always the same - we are never bad enough to get great players or good enough to get into the playoffs.

 

It's time for a fresh set of ideas, eyes and approach in the organization.

Our team is mired in mediocrity because we sold off a young team, graduated anyone of merit from our farm and then sold of that group and prematurely graduated everything from our minors. Doing that for 7 years has a price, and that hangover will take 5+ years to get over.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.