Greinke breaks collarbone in brawl

Hotcorner

The thing about this that bothers me is that when Quentin charged the mound, he definitely had the intentions of hurting Greinke. However Greinke likely had no intention of hurting Quentin with a 3-2 fastball in a one run game. The ball just ran inside and Quentin who leans over the plate and has been hit more than any player in the past 3 seasons because of it got one to the arm.

Quentin overreacted. They've had problems in the past though so that's probably all he was thinking about when he got hit. Grienke said something to him before he charged, too. I doubt it was "sorry".

I've always followed the Padres closely since living in San Diego for 11 years. Quentin isn't going to win any baseball man of the year awards but he's not a villain. I doubt anything happens on Monday.

Honestly there's nothing else Greinke could've done. As a competitor you don't run away from someone charging you, it's something you're taught when coming up. He just threw his shoulder down to bump him and avoid getting tackled. Quentin should be suspended for a few games for charging the mound for no good reason,

Good.

Any pitcher that hits a player and acts like a dick after deserves a DL stint.

You really are a dick.If he had hit him, put up an arm apologizing or showed remorse (like looked down and been pissed he walked the Tying run) he wouldn't have been charged.

I've been on both sides of those fights, your reaction to the challenge is everything. If he had showed he wanted no part of Quentin, backed up instead of slamming his glove like an ass, he wouldn't have been taken down like that.

Roger Clemens is still an ass too.

Good.

Any pitcher that hits a player and acts like a dick after deserves a DL stint.

You really are a dick.If he had hit him, put up an arm apologizing or showed remorse (like looked down and been pissed he walked the Tying run) he wouldn't have been charged.

I've been on both sides of those fights, your reaction to the challenge is everything. If he had showed he wanted no part of Quentin, backed up instead of slamming his glove like an ass, he wouldn't have been taken down like that.

Roger Clemens is still an ass too.

No Major League Baseball player is going to be okay with being shown up. I doubt what Quentin said to him before charging was anything along the lines of "Pardon me sir, but your pitch has seemed to graze my shoulder. Care to explain?"