Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reed Johnson

Featured Replies

Quick Quiz: name an American who wound up playing in Japan and returned to be a decent player in MLB.

 

And, no, Casey McGehee will not be a correct response.

 

Mr. Baseball

Cecil Fielder

Ok, name a player who played at least 2 seasons in Japan and returned to be a decent player in MLB.

  • Author

Back to the subject...

 

Juan C. Rodriguez@JCRMarlinsbeat

No RT @janewins1: Can u envision ANY way that R. Johnson won't make the 25-man. We really could use him off the bench.

 

Looks like Juan is convinced Reed's already made the team. Probably Bogusevic odd man out, but it could be Ozuna since they're trying Yelich in CF recently... it'll be interesting to see.

  • Author

Could platoon Reed and Bogusevic in left if Ozuna and Marisnick are both sent down

I honestly just can't see them sending both those guys down. And Marisnick has played really well... Not saying it's right to have him starting in CF, but it's definitely not right to start Bogus and Johnson, lol.

Quick Quiz: name an American who wound up playing in Japan and returned to be a decent player in MLB.

 

And, no, Casey McGehee will not be a correct response.

Cecil Fielder ended up having a great ML career

Back to the subject...

 

Juan C. Rodriguez@JCRMarlinsbeat

No RT @janewins1: Can u envision ANY way that R. Johnson won't make the 25-man. We really could use him off the bench.

 

Looks like Juan is convinced Reed's already made the team. Probably Bogusevic odd man out, but it could be Ozuna since they're trying Yelich in CF recently... it'll be interesting to see.

 

 

 

Read some comments from Red recently and it looks like Reed is breaking camp with the team. He's been having a good ST. Yelich, on the other hand, has not.

RJ will be a starter once Stanton is traded at the deadline (crosses fingers). Let's just hope we get some top flight talent for Giancarlo.

  • Author

Read some comments from Red recently and it looks like Reed is breaking camp with the team. He's been having a good ST. Yelich, on the other hand, has not.

 

I'm not worried about Yelich, not even a little bit.

RJ will be a starter once Stanton is traded at the deadline (crosses fingers). Let's just hope we get some top flight talent for Giancarlo.

 

I'm still holding out some small possibility that they re-sign Stanton, but yeah, most likely, just get the best haul possible. This system needs hitting everywhere.

I'm still holding out some small possibility that they re-sign Stanton, but yeah, most likely, just get the best haul possible. This system needs hitting everywhere.

 

We desperately need a SS, and could use another OF bat when we get rid of Stanton in case any of our youngsters don't work out. I'm sure the Dodgers would love to have Giancarlo. I'm no GM, but I think Seager and Pederson would fix a lot of our problems.

We desperately need a SS, and could use another OF bat when we get rid of Stanton in case any of our youngsters don't work out. I'm sure the Dodgers would love to have Giancarlo. I'm no GM, but I think Seager and Pederson would fix a lot of our problems.

 

Pederson and Seager would be a good start. Toss in one of the top 100 pitchers they have and it's a fair deal. I wouldn't be too disappointed. I think if it were to happen it would be next offseason though.

Javier Baez, please.

 

Cubs and Rangers have depth in the middle infield if we're talking about addressing that need. Like the Marlins missed out on Xander, I think it's too late for Baez too though.

Baez isn't going to happen. The Cubs will either put him at 2B (which they've tried already this spring) or give Starlin the boot if he doesn't get his head out of his ass soon. Baez, whether at SS or at 2B (maybe 3B?) will definitely be a Cub.

Baez isn't going to happen. The Cubs will either put him at 2B (which they've tried already this spring) or give Starlin the boot if he doesn't get his head out of his ass soon. Baez, whether at SS or at 2B (maybe 3B?) will definitely be a Cub.

 

For sure. The Sox and Cubs have the best pieces to offer but it doesn't seem realistic at this point. That Dodgers package that you mentioned is solid. I think they would bite.

I don't think Seager stays at SS. Hold out for Baez and Soler

 

I actually love Seager and Pederson's tools. Not sold on Soler. But Baez is something else.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.