Another Puig Issue

Mickey Mantis

It's going to be hilarious following him around this season. This guy seems to genuinely believe that he's as good as he was last year. Once that BABIP regresses and his numbers become a bit more pedestrian, he's going to absolutely flip

He flips all the time.

His bat, that is.

Home run? Bat flip. Single? Bat flip. Bunt? Bat flip. Strike out? Bat flip.

Sorry guys, I killed someone. It's okay though, I'm American and we do that. Remember all the wars? It's part of my culture!

Your nationality is NOT an excuse for doing something that is unacceptable.

Are you going to tell me that Cuban people should be exempt from any discipline for being late to work just because they are Cuban?

Guest Guest

Yeah, what about all the other Cuban athletes (or employees in general) who manage to show up on time?

Puig is just an immature brat who the Dodgers should demote to the minors for a couple weeks as a lesson. Let him ride the bus.

The fact that Cubans show up late to everything. He doesn't have an ego, he's just Cuban. Trust me, my family is very guilty of this.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I didn't reply to your Cuban comment because I thought you were just joking... Apparently not.

I'm Cuban and am notoriously late to stupid inconsequential things. I'll be 10 minutes late to pick up my gym partner to go to the gym, I'll be 5 minutes late to meeting my friends at dinner, for a class where nobody gives a shit, etc. However, that's different to being late for a job, for something important where people are seriously depending on you, especially if you're being PAID.

Sorry guys, I killed someone. It's okay though, I'm American and we do that. Remember all the wars? It's part of my culture!

Your nationality is NOT an excuse for doing something that is unacceptable.

Are you going to tell me that Cuban people should be exempt from any discipline for being late to work just because they are Cuban?

I didn't say he should be exempt. There are rules that should be followed and he should penalized for it. What I'm saying is to simply conclude that he's late because he that he's thinks he's good is bullshit.

Yeah, what about all the other Cuban athletes (or employees in general) who manage to show up on time?

Puig is just an immature brat who the Dodgers should demote to the minors for a couple weeks as a lesson. Let him ride the bus.

There are things called exceptions, Admin.

I didn't reply to your Cuban comment because I thought you were just joking... Apparently not.

I'm Cuban and am notoriously late to stupid inconsequential things. I'll be 10 minutes late to pick up my gym partner to go to the gym, I'll be 5 minutes late to meeting my friends at dinner, for a class where nobody gives a s***, etc. However, that's different to being late for a job, for something important where people are seriously depending on you, especially if you're being PAID.

Good for you but I know plenty who don't. It is what it is. Like I said, my comment was directed at the fact his tardiness seemingly equates to being full of it. I provided just as good a reason for his tardiness. If you don't agree, fine. You don't have to. Just like I don't agree with the former.

Good for you but I know plenty who don't. It is what it is. Like I said, my comment was directed at the fact his tardiness seemingly equates to being full of it. I provided just as good a reason for his tardiness. If you don't agree, fine. You don't have to. Just like I don't agree with the former.

It really isn't. Either these people you know still live in Cuba, or they live in America and can't hold down a job.

Guest Guest

He's shown more immature behavior than just tardiness anyway. Unless "being Cuban" excuses him for his speeding, and on-field antics as well.

There's 30 teams.. 25 players per team.. 162 games per season.. so there's 121,500 chances for players to be late per season and you hear of maybe 10 tardiness cases per year and people freak out when it happens. In my company we have 90 people in Miami and easily 20 are "late" everyday and people don't freak out.

And there's nothing wrong with bat flipping.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.