July 2, 201412 yr thanks Lucas, that was getting close to 14th inning. another good Henderson outing.
July 2, 201412 yr Is Kevin Gregg really on this team? We are all sharing a hallucination if he isn't,
July 2, 201412 yr We are all sharing a hallucination if he isn't, Our bullpen sucks but he's the worst of the bunch. I don't understand what Redmond is thinking. Is Ramos getting TJ now or something?
July 2, 201412 yr Our bullpen sucks but he's the worst of the bunch. I don't understand what Redmond is thinking. Is Ramos getting TJ now or something? Shoulder inflammation, not elbow so nope, should in theory return after DL stint.
July 2, 201412 yr Kevin Gregg Must Die GOZER: (To Kevin Gregg) Are you pitching in the 8th? KEVIN GREGG: Yes. GOZER: Then..... DIE!!!!!!!!
July 2, 201412 yr I leave the room with Gregg pitching at 4-2 in the 8th with 2 outs, what can possibly go wrong? Yeah, he's a loser, but how can he screw this up? I expect to return to between-inning commercials. I return to 4-4. I hear something about a HR. No, wait, it's worse than that, it's back to back HRs. Can you DFA a manager? Nobody would possibly claim him, then we can send him down.
July 2, 201412 yr I just don't understand how Gregg is pitching the 8th when Bryan Morris has been absolutely fantastic in a bigger sample size for us. This is really baffling to me. Am I missing something? Does Wild Card still think Gregg is pitching "well"?
July 2, 201412 yr Shout out to Bryan Morris for throwing up nothing but gooseeggs so far as a Marlin.
July 2, 201412 yr I just don't understand how Gregg is pitching the 8th when Bryan Morris has been absolutely fantastic in a bigger sample size for us. This is really baffling to me. Am I missing something? Does Wild Card still think Gregg is pitching "well"? This is exactly why I don't think Redmond is focused on winning. Think back to managers like Jack Mckeon. Would he have out Gregg in? Hell no. Think about it. Against the Yankees in the WS, he went to his ace on 3 days rest. Why? Because his entire focus was on winning that next game, not throwing things against the wall to see if they stick. That is the difference.
July 2, 201412 yr 40-43. Not good....it's simple. Win series'. We need 51 more wins to make some kind of spot I'm guessing.
July 2, 201412 yr 40-43. Not good....it's simple. Win series'. We need 51 more wins to make some kind of spot I'm guessing. Given last season 40-43 is pretty damn good, especially when you factor in that Fernandez would miss most of the season and we'd see guys like Randy Wolf, Brad Hand, Anthony Desclafani, etc... making starts for this team. I think it's important to remember just how big Jose was for this team. The biggest reason it isn't TOO bad is because Henderson Alvarez has stepped up since he's been out, but with Jose pitching and Alvarez playing like he has we'd likely be a little over .500 right now.
July 2, 201412 yr About this time last year give or take a couple days, I made this Facebook: "Sing like no one's listening. Dance like no one's watching. Play like you're not 23 games under .500." It's improvement. I'll take it. And for all the Gregg hubbub, take a good look at the relieving corp: Steve Chisek Mike Dunn Sam Dyson Kevin Gregg Chris Hatcher Dan Jennings Byron Morris Jacob Turner With A.J. Ramos injured, who DO you send out there, pray tell?
July 2, 201412 yr About this time last year give or take a couple days, I made this Facebook: "Sing like no one's listening. Dance like no one's watching. Play like you're not 23 games under .500." It's improvement. I'll take it. And for all the Gregg hubbub, take a good look at the relieving corp: Steve Chisek Mike Dunn Sam Dyson Kevin Gregg Chris Hatcher Dan Jennings Byron Morris Jacob Turner With A.J. Ramos injured, who DO you send out there, pray tell? Anyone of those guys besides Turner. Gregg is just that bat.
July 2, 201412 yr Yeah I'd certainly give Morris a go at it, he'll come back to earth for sure but he's probably worth a shot, more than Gregg at least.
July 2, 201412 yr I just don't understand how Gregg is pitching the 8th when Bryan Morris has been absolutely fantastic in a bigger sample size for us. This is really baffling to me. Am I missing something? Does Wild Card still think Gregg is pitching "well"? I mean, he did get two quick outs... Before he gave up two home runs. Lol
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.