Stanton starting at DH in ASG

I feel like any random middle reliever can have a good 30 innings. Hell, Dan Jennings has a 0.99 ERA, let's send him!

All kidding asike, let's leave the All-Star game for the dominant starters and closers of the game; there's already enough deserving guys that get left off the roster. Nobody, I mean NOBODY, paid to see Pat Neshek pitch last night.

But you support giving up a 1st round pick for Bryan Morris and Kevin fucking Gregg. Way to contradict yourself again.

An elite middle reliever has probably been just as valuable to his team as a closer. What's the difference? Neshek's numbers are insane and not at all like Dan Jennings.

But you support giving up a 1st round pick for Bryan Morris and Kevin f***ing Gregg. Way to contradict yourself again.

An elite middle reliever has probably been just as valuable to his team as a closer. What's the difference? Neshek's numbers are insane and not at all like Dan Jennings.

First of all, I couldn't give two fucks about Kevin Gregg. From the outside looking in, I do think the Marlins got solid value in Morris for a compensation pick, yes. I fail to see what the fuck that has to do with middle relievers being All-Stars.

There's probably no such thing as an elite middle reliever. "Elite" middle relievers are simply pitchers having unsustainable success that will eventually normalize (including Bryan Morris). Afterall, if they were truly elite pitchers, they would probably be starting or closing games.

First of all, I couldn't give two f***s about Kevin Gregg. From the outside looking in, I do think the Marlins got solid value in Morris for a compensation pick, yes. I fail to see what the f*** that has to do with middle relievers being All-Stars.

There's probably no such thing as an elite middle reliever. "Elite" middle relievers are simply pitchers having unsustainable success that will eventually normalize (including Bryan Morris). Afterall, if they were truly elite pitchers, they would probably be starting or closing games.

If they're not that valuable and their success is mostly unsustainable, why would you like the idea of giving up a compensation pick to acquire one? You're the best at contradicting yourself. Either you think they have value or they don't.

Plus, it's irrelevant in this case whether or not it's sustainable. The All-Star game is an exhibition to reward players who have had a great 1st half. Pat Neshek qualifies. The average fan doesn't care to see Casey Mcgehee and his unsustainable success in the game either but you would've had no issue with him making it.

If they're not that valuable and their success is mostly unsustainable, why would you like the idea of giving up a compensation pick to acquire one? You're the best at contradicting yourself. Either you think they have value or they don't.

Plus, it's irrelevant in this case whether or not it's sustainable. The All-Star game is an exhibition to reward players who have had a great 1st half. Pat Neshek qualifies. The average fan doesn't care to see Casey Mcgehee and his unsustainable success in the game either but you would've had no issue with him making it.

Because a compensation pick probably isn't worth as much as you think it is. It's valuable, but not that valuable, and it presents NO value to its team for AT LEAST 2 years, IF EVER.

A middle reliever is one of the most interchangable players on a team. I just think we should have all of the most dominant closers and starters in the game rather than middle relievers who can rise and fall with the blink of an eye.

I do agree that Neshek had a phenomenal first half, the numbers don't lie. Let's just see what he does in the second half.

I feel like any random middle reliever can have a good 30 innings. Hell, Dan Jennings has a 0.99 ERA, let's send him!

All kidding asike, let's leave the All-Star game for the dominant starters and closers of the game; there's already enough deserving guys that get left off the roster. Nobody, I mean NOBODY, paid to see Pat Neshek pitch last night.

This is so idiotic. First, Neshek has thrown 10 more innings than Jennings. That is substantial.

Second, it's not all about ERA. Jennings has a terrible 1.43 WHIP vs. Neshek's 0.57.

Finally, Neshek's dominance should not be mitigated on account of the fact that Rosenthal (who is having a worse season) is closing over him.

Ummm considering he's from that area, I'm sure there were about 20/30 friends and family for him.

Because a compensation pick probably isn't worth as much as you think it is. It's valuable, but not that valuable, and it presents NO value to its team for AT LEAST 2 years, IF EVER.

You work for the Marlins front office, don't you?

Compensation picks aren't as irrelevant as you seem to think, especially for a penny-pinching franchise as the Marlins have proven to be. It's an opportunity to acquire a potential controllable, young talent.

This is so idiotic. First, Neshek has thrown 10 more innings than Jennings. That is substantial.

Second, it's not all about ERA. Jennings has a terrible 1.43 WHIP vs. Neshek's 0.57.

Finally, Neshek's dominance should not be mitigated on account of the fact that Rosenthal (who is having a worse season) is closing over him.

I was totally joking about Jennings. Did you miss that?

You work for the Marlins front office, don't you?

Compensation picks aren't as irrelevant as you seem to think, especially for a penny-pinching franchise as the Marlins have proven to be. It's an opportunity to acquire a potential controllable, young talent.

I never said that Compensation picks are not important. I just think you and many others over value the shit out of them. You put it nicely, Compensation picks are an opportunity, and that's great. Sometimes you can capitalize on that opportunity (see Mike Stanton, Rd 2) and sometimes you can't (2005). More often than not, it doesn't work out, and that is fact.

That's why there are 40-50 rounds of a draft, because none of them are a sure thing. The 50th round pick could be more successful than the first.

The greatest ever pick in the draft isn't even possible anymore-

A small town catcher from MDCC in the 62nd round.

That's how much of a crapshoot the draft is.

I was totally joking about Jennings. Did you miss that?

No, you weren't. You weren't saying that Jennings really deserved to be an all-star, but you were seriously using Jennings's ERA to make some idiotic point about about "the volatility" or "inconsistency" of middle relievers, or whatever.

Yeah, seriously.

Why were there so many rounds in 1988?

Anyways

I honestly think they didn't want undrafted prospects to leverage other teams into a bidding war like the NFL / NBA picks do each year.

I think by that time teams would stop picking and others can just going if they want to.

Ugh Wild Card. I will reserve Godzilla for real time occurrences of your nonsense, since Godzilla is easily irritable. But since I usually take a posting break during the all star week and therefore missed your crap over the last few days, so you get Zedd.

LordZeddFacepalm.jpg

No, you weren't. You weren't saying that Jennings really deserved to be an all-star, but you were seriously using Jennings's ERA to make some idiotic point about about "the volatility" or "inconsistency" of middle relievers, or whatever.

You are such a jackass. Did you even read my post beyond the first paragraph? I IMMEDIATELY said "all kidding aside" after bringing up Jennings. You can be such a douche for no reason.