Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7/28 Post Game Thread

Featured Replies

Stanton, etc aside. I hope you guys start to have faith in this team. We are 10 wins shy of 2013. And I feel that this along with that 3rd dodgers game are our games of the year thus far. I feel we need to buy. Even zobrist would be a nice addition.

How could we acquire a Cy Young winner for a guy that wouldn't start on most teams?

 

Easy to answer. Because most teams are stupid enough not to know this.

Actually wouldn't surprise me if jennings hooks up with Tampa to make a deal. Jennings still is tight with folks over there. Much like Beinfest and Jim Hendry were

We should include Yelich too. He struck out in the 9th inning.

 

Nope, lots of clutch hits. He's needed here.

Guys hate to burst anyone's bubble on a night like this one but I actually saw Turner smiling in the post game celebration. What I saw cannot be unseen.

What a way to stick it to this team. Hate the nationals.

No wonder, stupid me.

 

That's alright man. We all make missteps. It's life.

Nope, lots of clutch hits. He's needed here.

 

Yeah but I didn't like his lack of intensity in that clutch spot in the 9th inning. Please don't argue with me because I know what I saw on the TV. Blame the TV!

Haven't we already been over that Stanton has over a .900 OPS in "high leverage" situations. Do you even know what OPS is?

 

Only Penis Section?

Tampa isn't selling anyone i wouldn't think. I would ask boston about lackey though and try to acquire a power veteran bat for the bench. Neither would cost much.

 

Would love tommy millone like clark spencer said today but I don't think billy beane would be dumb enough to get rid of a team controlled starting pitcher who is actually very good.

Haven't we already been over that Stanton has over a .900 OPS in "high leverage" situations. Do you even know what OPS is?

 

It's a useless stats, like WAR and that garbage. I go by hits, homers, RBIS, average, strikeouts, and normal viewing and observing.

Tampa isn't selling anyone i wouldn't think. I would ask boston about lackey though and try to acquire a power veteran bat for the bench. Neither would cost much.

 

Would love tommy millone like clark spencer said today but I don't think billy beane would be dumb enough to get rid of a team controlled starting pitcher who is actually very good.

 

I still think that a Millone for Dietrich deal would make sense for both teams.

  • Author

So if we buy, what route do we go? Outside of Eovaldi the starting pitching and even the relievers have seemed to be a strength of the streak, with Stanton and McGehee being the main people struggling.

 

Hechavarria isn't going anywhere, so imo the main place to upgrade would be 2B with Solano/Valdespin being replaced. Question for others who do you see us grabbing if anybody?

Yeah but I didn't like his lack of intensity in that clutch spot in the 9th inning. Please don't argue with me because I know what I saw on the TV. Blame the TV!

 

Yeah I was disappointed too. Had him at 2-0 and looked bad. No bueno.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.