Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7/28 Post Game Thread

Featured Replies

Pfft, if he wasn't on this team, we'd so be in first place by now.

 

So glad that Jose guy doesn't pitch anymore, too. Too many strikeouts, not enough defense. Post season bound!

So, I would say that Stanton really needs a day off, but ...

 

Numbers against Strasburg:

.346/.414/.846/1.260

3 HR

8 RBI

4 2B

 

 

 

And for Vince, since he'll ignore all those other numbers:

10 K

 

Well you know what, I'm all for starting him today. I literally have seen him crush strasburg. Sure why not, start him tonight. I look forward to it!

Stanton may actually be worth a start tonight

 

I agree 100%

so like back to this game, Eovaldi's fastball velocity was its lowest since 2012 and in general it's been lower lately.

 

Hmm ... maybe his arm gave birth?

I spat blood at the Cody Ross walk off on Francisco Cordero. In addition to losing my voice.

 

Ill never forget that night, I literally almost threw up from the excitement. The cowbells. Omg.

so like back to this game, Eovaldi's fastball velocity was its lowest since 2012 and in general it's been lower lately.

 

Not unusual to see starters tire by August.

 

On another note, as much as I hate to say it, Eovaldi is once again putting his name in the "Who replaces Steve Cishek?" convo...

Not unusual to see starters tire by August.

 

On another note, as much as I hate to say it, Eovaldi is once again putting his name in the "Who replaces Steve Cishek?" convo...

 

Wut

He's still a top-3 starter for us. If Eovaldi's future is in the bullpen, I hope he's traded before that.

I think he meant that he's bringing himself back into the "he should be in the bullpen" talks, but, eh.

 

Are you the only one that doesn't read WAY too far into the things that other people say? Thank god somebody understands what I'm saying.

 

Yes, you apparently are the only one who can comprehend my comment. I didn't say "AHHHH EOVALDI SUCKS BLAHH, TO THE PEN NOW AHHHHh!". But he's pitching badly enough, and with enough loss in velocity (likely due to innings) that the thought crossed my mind. And I like him quite a bit as a starter.

Are you the only one that doesn't read WAY too far into the things that other people say? Thank god somebody understands what I'm saying.

 

Yes, you apparently are the only one who can comprehend my comment. I didn't say "AHHHH EOVALDI SUCKS BLAHH, TO THE PEN NOW AHHHHh!". But he's pitching badly enough, and with enough loss in velocity (likely due to innings) that the thought crossed my mind. And I like him quite a bit as a starter.

 

When you have never made an intelligent post in your entire history on a message board, and show a complete lack of baseball knowledge, you tend not get the benefit of the doubt when you say yet another stupid thing.

  • Author

Holy crap. I haven't looked through the thread but whoever discussed moving Eovaldi to the bullpen really needs to just reconsider their own beliefs. A bad stretch doesn't negate Eovaldi's pretty damn good track record. He's not Alvarez but he's a big piece of the long term rotation.

 

WOW. I don't usually make fun of people for posting their own ideas/thoughts on this board, but mentioning the idea of Eovaldi to the bullpen just feeds into the perception of how panicky and knee jerk sports fans are. Just wow.

 

EDIT: Ok I checked and saw Wild Card made the comment. I'm not making fun and you seem to be trying to rationalize what you said but it seems clear you were at least bringing up the idea of Eovaldi in the 'pen. Not only that, you brought up that idea when we are in need of a #5 starting pitcher and are even checking the trade market for one. How the hell does moving Eovaldi to the 'pen this season make this team better? Let players work through there issues sometimes jeez.

When you have never made an intelligent post in your entire history on a message board, and show a complete lack of baseball knowledge, you tend not get the benefit of the doubt when you say yet another stupid thing.

 

I may not know advanced statistics the way many others do. Not to say I couldn't if I wanted to, rather, I couldn't care less. That doesn't mean you know baseball, and I have plenty of major league managers, GMs, etc that would agree. It means you know math. That's great, but mathematicians will never run the game of baseball. They will always be the assholes working for guys like Mike Redmond, who couldn't give two fucks about McGehee's BABIP so long as he keeps hitting.

  • Author

I may not know advanced statistics the way many others do. Not to say I couldn't if I wanted to, rather, I couldn't care less. That doesn't mean you know baseball, and I have plenty of major league managers, GMs, etc that would agree. It means you know math. That's great, but mathematicians will never run the game of baseball. They will always be the assholes working for guys like Mike Redmond, who couldn't give two f***s about McGehee's BABIP so long as he keeps hitting.

 

Holy shit. Somebody post the godzilla facepalm pronto. I mean post it like seven times. First post on this forum in quite a while that actually made me facepalm irl.

I may not know advanced statistics the way many others do. Not to say I couldn't if I wanted to, rather, I couldn't care less. That doesn't mean you know baseball, and I have plenty of major league managers, GMs, etc that would agree. It means you know math. That's great, but mathematicians will never run the game of baseball. They will always be the assholes working for guys like Mike Redmond, who couldn't give two f***s about McGehee's BABIP so long as he keeps hitting.

 

Oh boy

I may not know advanced statistics the way many others do. Not to say I couldn't if I wanted to, rather, I couldn't care less. That doesn't mean you know baseball, and I have plenty of major league managers, GMs, etc that would agree. It means you know math. That's great, but mathematicians will never run the game of baseball. They will always be the assholes working for guys like Mike Redmond, who couldn't give two fucks about McGehee's BABIP so long as he keeps hitting.

 

I+just+realized+that+this+gif+is+from+Blink+182s+_fe82bd5e3d7d8b9b133a19fa181b6f5f.gif

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.