Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7/28 Post Game Thread

Featured Replies

So if we buy, what route do we go? Outside of Eovaldi the starting pitching and even the relievers have seemed to be a strength of the streak, with Stanton and McGehee being the main people struggling.

 

Hechavarria isn't going anywhere, so imo the main place to upgrade would be 2B with Solano/Valdespin being replaced. Question for others who do you see us grabbing if anybody?

 

Well Barney is out. Tampa bay I feel will keep it together because they just won today and are in the thick of it. Dee Gordon probably not. Ugly hell no. Bonifacio? Aaron hill?

Haven't we already been over that Stanton has over a .900 OPS in "high leverage" situations. Do you even know what OPS is?

 

you down with O.P.S.?

I go by runs batted ins too

Bunch of math nerds with their slugging percentages.

 

Well you are Jewish so you like math. I like math too, and I'm half polish half Cuban!

I still think that a Millone for Dietrich deal would make sense for both teams.

 

I wouldn't mind that even though I do like Dietrich a lot. Would prefer trading prospects to get millone. Flynn and German.

Would also love another bat. I would go all out for Asdrubal Cabrera if he wasn't a free agent after the year.

Tampa isn't selling anyone i wouldn't think. I would ask boston about lackey though and try to acquire a power veteran bat for the bench. Neither would cost much.

 

Would love tommy millone like clark spencer said today but I don't think billy beane would be dumb enough to get rid of a team controlled starting pitcher who is actually very good.

 

Lackey would be nice to have, but he's signed at the minimum for next year so the Sox won't be willing to give him away for scraps. I like the idea of a controllable arm that we'll have for a few more seasons, like Milone or Miley. My pick would be Dallas Keuchel, and the Astros said today that they'd be willing to trade him for a "Major League ready" bat. Start a conversation with Houston about Marisnick and someone like Conley, go from there.

Lackey would be nice to have, but he's signed at the minimum for next year so the Sox won't be willing to give him away for scraps. I like the idea of a controllable arm that we'll have for a few more seasons, like Milone or Miley. My pick would be Dallas Keuchel, and the Astros said today that they'd be willing to trade him for a "Major League ready" bat. Start a conversation with Houston about Marisnick and someone like Conley, go from there.

 

How in the world is he signed for the minimum next year?

Lackey would be nice to have, but he's signed at the minimum for next year so the Sox won't be willing to give him away for scraps. I like the idea of a controllable arm that we'll have for a few more seasons, like Milone or Miley. My pick would be Dallas Keuchel, and the Astros said today that they'd be willing to trade him for a "Major League ready" bat. Start a conversation with Houston about Marisnick and someone like Conley, go from there.

 

I hope we don't trade for Keuchel because Houston is smart and they'd probably get a lot for their best pitcher. A guy like Millone would be fine with me especially since the A's might have lost some leverage. He demanded a trade.

How in the world is he signed for the minimum next year?

 

Since he was coming off an injury, I guess.

 

2010: $18.7 million

2011: $15.95 million

2012: $15.25 million

2013: $15.25 million

2014: $15.25 million

2015: $500k vesting option if Lackey misses "significant time" in 2010-2014 due to an elbow injury.

Clause in contract for missing a season

 

Whoever came up with that clause deserves a raise.

I hope we don't trade for Keuchel because Houston is smart and they'd probably get a lot for their best pitcher. A guy like Millone would be fine with me especially since the A's might have lost some leverage. He demanded a trade.

 

Yeah, Keuchel would definitely cost more, but Luhnow isn't the best GM. Case in point: making a guy like Keuchel available now when he isn't a free agent until 2019. That would be two years after the Astros' 2017 World Series win.

"Strasburg is 1-6 on the road with a 5.09 ERA, and he has a career ERA of 8.61 with a 2-3 record in five starts at Marlins Park."

sweet

I know making the playoffs at this point is a longshot considering Jose went down, but can we just have meaningful september baseball? maybe just once?

Yeah luhnow makes some questionable decisions at times. Also, how the hell did Boston agree to that stupid clause for John lackey. Wait doesn't Josh Johnson have that dumb clause too?

 

Lastly, can we all pretty much agree that todays win keeps Cishek here ? The way this front office values saves and preserving wins , I think they'll keep him.

"Strasburg is 1-6 on the road with a 5.09 ERA, and he has a career ERA of 8.61 with a 2-3 record in five starts at Marlins Park."

 

Yeah Strasburg can be good but as a Marlin fan he's never intimidated me cuz he's beatable to us. There's a few pitchers like that throughout the years. Isn't Cole Hamels another one or am I thinking of another phillie ?

sweet

 

 

I know making the playoffs at this point is a longshot considering Jose went down, but can we just have meaningful september baseball? maybe just once?

 

We're actually not too far away from making this happen.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.